Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 27 Sep 20, 03:21 PM  
Link to this Post
trfc2019
Earning More Ears

Thinking of booking for May

Hello all,

We were due to stay onsite at WDW with DDP next year, as DDP is not on anymore we cancelled

We have decided to rebook with the BA sale for May and move it to elsewhere if all is not good still

So a few questions:

-We are looking at Floridays Resort, has anyone been there?
-We have always stayed on site before is there anywhere on the I-Drive we should really look for both in terms of things to do and for meals out?
-How easy is driving in America, we have done France etc but never in America

Fingers crossed its all a bit calmer by then
trfc2019 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Sep 20, 03:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Andy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by trfc2019 View Post
Hello all,

We were due to stay onsite at WDW with DDP next year, as DDP is not on anymore we cancelled

We have decided to rebook with the BA sale for May and move it to elsewhere if all is not good still

So a few questions:

-We are looking at Floridays Resort, has anyone been there?
-We have always stayed on site before is there anywhere on the I-Drive we should really look for both in terms of things to do and for meals out?
-How easy is driving in America, we have done France etc but never in America

Fingers crossed its all a bit calmer by then
Hello.

I stayed at the Floridays Resort back in November 2017 with my friend for 10 nights and I enjoyed myself. The rooms were nice and we had a balcony looking over one of the lakes. The pool was also fairly quiet most of the time. We were on the ground floor and did have some noise issues as one of the bedroom windows were quite close to the ground floor elevator so people would loiter around and make noise, however this only happened a couple of nights and was over by around 1am.

In terms of I-Drive, there is plenty to do however I haven't actually done any of the 'tourist' things. I believe there's a Ripleys Believe it or Not, an ice bar and some other nightclubs and restaurants at Pointe Orlando which is about a 10/15 min drive from Floridays. The Floridays resort is actually quite far South on I Drive and I actually preferred this, as the roads were MUCH less busy. You are about a 2/3 minute drive from a Publix Supermarket, the Outlets and countless restaurants like Cheesecake Factory, Panda Express, Mod Pizza, Chipotle, Longhorn and Outback Steakhouse. There is a Dunkin Donuts opposite the Floridays Resort about a 2 min drive where I got my morning coffee and donut from

Driving in America is very simple. The roads are absolutely massive so you have lots of space and I find the drivers are actually quite a bit slower than here in the UK. I have driven across America from Florida to California and find driving and parking in America 10 times easier than the roads in the UK so you should be fine!
Mr Andy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Sep 20, 06:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Buzz242
Very Serious Dibber

We have stayed at Floridays and thought the location was good, as the previous poster said there are lots of restaurants a few minutes drive away and it’s very close to Premium Outlets.
We asked for a room on a higher floor and it was very peaceful, we could see the Disney fireworks in the distance every evening from the balcony.
We’re actually planning on returning there in May hopefully, haven’t booked ones yet because of the restrictions.
Buzz242 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Sep 20, 01:22 PM  
Link to this Post
trfc2019
Earning More Ears

Thanks all,

Have booked!

Fingers crossed now its a bit better by then!
trfc2019 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List