Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 29 Sep 20, 01:06 AM  
Link to this Post
DonnaD
Imagineer

Originally Posted by sunkisser View Post
I have just had my dream shattered. My 18 yr old has mental health conditions and autism, and struggles to even wear a mask in the supermarket. She wears a sunflower lanyard. No way would she be able to cope with wearing one all day in the parks.
I hadn’t realised there were no excemptions allowed 😳
I guess I’ll stop looking at flights now until I’m sure the masks will be over with. 😢
My daughter has autism as well but does manage to wear a mask in the parks. She actually gets very agitated if she sees anyone not wearing one.

I can confirm that Disney unfortunately are definitely not making exceptions to the mask rule for children or adults with autism. They are still operating the Disability Pass system though despite Fast Passes not being used.
Old 29 Sep 20, 08:03 AM  
Link to this Post
jadepansy459
slightly serious Dibber

Thanks for the replies - DLP was definitely our go to , we even bought annual passes, but we have decided against it due to the direct train disappearing , for now.
So if course i jumped on the Florida band wagon haha! Any excuse !
jadepansy459 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Sep 20, 08:05 AM  
Link to this Post
jadepansy459
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by FizzyWhip View Post
Obviously things could change but I was reading an article about Florida moving into stage 3 and they suggested that some of the mandates could be dropped soon as in masks and limited capacity .
It was on Apple news
Yes I was reading this , very interesting ! I understand adults wearing masks as a necessity but for 2 year olds it's just a bit of a stretch for me. Hopefully it gets changed
jadepansy459 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Sep 20, 08:07 AM  
Link to this Post
jadepansy459
slightly serious Dibber

I have just had my dream shattered. My 18 yr old has mental health conditions and autism, and struggles to even wear a mask in the supermarket. She wears a sunflower lanyard. No way would she be able to cope with wearing one all day in the parks.
I guess I’ll stop looking at flights now until I’m sure the masks will be over with. 😢
So sorry to hear that , yes it is a all very strict over there right now...all we can do is hope they ease the restrictions so that we can go. All ifs and buts all the time...
Old 29 Sep 20, 09:03 AM  
Link to this Post
Imagineer

123's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
The problem is that any exemptions and everyone will start the "they aren't wearing one, why do I have to?" complaining in the parks.

It is far easier (and of course also safer) for Disney just to mandate for all rather than try to police an exemption policy and all the pain that goes with that

The reason there is no exemption for your 18 year old isn't Disney, it's the behaviour of the rest of the general public
123 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Sep 20, 09:51 AM  
Link to this Post

I don’t have a toddler but if I did and I knew they wouldn’t wear a face mask, I would not start planning until the restrictions have been lifted and look like they have been for good. There is no point planning Florida and then worrying yourself over it up until the time you go. DLP seems like a good idea.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Sep 20, 10:30 AM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Mobile

Originally Posted by jadepansy459 View Post
Thanks for the replies - DLP was definitely our go to , we even bought annual passes, but we have decided against it due to the direct train disappearing , for now.
So if course i jumped on the Florida band wagon haha! Any excuse !
Indirect train is really easy changing at Lille.
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Sep 20, 05:11 PM  
Link to this Post
staceyb
Apprentice Imagineer

We go next september but are having a Disney free trip as I know from previous experience with toddlers that our 20mth old just won't hack the pace, we plan to do discovery cove, SeaWorld and legoland but that's it, more beach and springs relaxing days for us this time but still I hope she doesnt need to wear a mask, it's bad enough in this country when its hot never mind over there 😬😬
staceyb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Sep 20, 05:32 PM  
Link to this Post
bronny
VIP Dibber

My daughter has ASD too so we won’t be going back until 2022 and if masks (god forbid) are still necessary then we will postpone to 2023
POFQ December 2016
POFQ and Eagle Pointe - Sep 2018
Briar Grove villa, Hard Rock, wilderness lodge and Miami twice Christmas 2019

bronny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Sep 20, 05:36 PM  
Link to this Post
ginnyfish
Getting Excited

Our little one will be 3 in December and we have a trip booked for May (moved from November). We have until the end of March to change it. We have decided if there is no movement on the mask rules by March we will move it to December 2021. We will keep trying every 6 months with the hope we get back before he starts school in 2022.