Notices
Additional Support Needs & DAS Help & advice

Closed Thread

Old 30 Jul 07, 06:14 PM  
Link to this Post

Hi everyone. Well, fortunatley I wasnt going into a flare it must have been a "blip". Rotten disease. It really holds us to ransom doesnt it...

I rely on the crohnzone website a lot, especially when Im quite bad. Its a good support network and id recommend it to anyone.

Lisa xx
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jul 07, 07:10 PM  
Link to this Post
paulrae
Imagineer

paulrae's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 9
Restaurant Reviews: 1
would love the website please Sam

I have also sent the letter content..just need amended for you

Paul
xx

2008-DVC - OKW, Animal Kingdom &SSR then OKW-VERO-AKV- 2009,HHI,SSR,THV 2011 OFfsite Villa - 2014, 16
paulrae is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jul 07, 07:11 PM  
Link to this Post
paulrae
Imagineer

paulrae's Reviews
Originally Posted by TangleyTom View Post
Hi everyone. Well, fortunatley I wasnt going into a flare it must have been a "blip". Rotten disease. It really holds us to ransom doesnt it...

I rely on the crohnzone website a lot, especially when Im quite bad. Its a good support network and id recommend it to anyone.

Lisa xx
So Glad to hear that Lisa...let's hope your well through this episode before you leave honey

Paul
x

2008-DVC - OKW, Animal Kingdom &SSR then OKW-VERO-AKV- 2009,HHI,SSR,THV 2011 OFfsite Villa - 2014, 16
paulrae is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jul 07, 12:05 AM  
Link to this Post
Sindysam
Imagineer

I too use the Crohnszone site but also cduk which is fab for asking questions and support.
Glad you are over your blip Lisa.
sam xx
Old 31 Jul 07, 12:10 AM  
Link to this Post
TrueBlue
Imagineer

TrueBlue's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 5
hi everyone sorry to "butt" into your thread but I too have a friend with Crohens, well it's actually my friends husband. Anyway he was diagnosed about 12 years ago and had his first operation back then, they removed quite alot of his bowel. Anyway he has since had 3 operations since then with the most recent just 5 weeks ago. They removed another 70cm .

He was doing quite well there but at the weekend it really flared up again and he was in a lot of pain. He also noticed that where is scare was there was a lump and over a couple of days it got more larger. He went to his doctor today and he has admitted him back into hospital.

The hospital put him on a drip and on a coarse of anti-biotics and they are going to do a scan tomorrow.

He has going from about 13 stone in weight down to 7 and a half stone in a matter of months. It's really scarry how this can really affect people.

They were meant to be going on holiday to majorca on monday but by the looks of things i'm not sure they'll get there. He was hoping to take it easy for a couple of weeks and just lie in the sun.

My friend is praying that it's just an infection and that the anti-biotics will clear it up for him. I'm just keeping my fingers crossed for them as they've gone through so much lately with his illness that they really do deserve a holiday
TrueBlue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jul 07, 12:26 AM  
Link to this Post
maggie b
Imagineer

maggie b's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Marion sorry to hear about mac having to go back into hospital.I feel so sorry for all of you who have chrons or colitis i suffer with IBS & when it flares up i need to get to the loo PDQ my DD has this to i carry body sprays everywhere with me to get rid of nasty smells i just hope it doesn't flare up to much for our first visit to florida

Rodeway inn october 2007
Majorca September 2008
Majorca june 2009
Rodeway inn October 2009
Majorca september 2010
Majorca August 2011
Arkvilla October 2011
Majorca 8th September 2012
Arkvilla October 2013
maggie b is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jul 07, 11:42 AM  
Link to this Post

Thanks Paul and Sam. I feel like im doing ok at the minute so looking forward to my holiday now. Cant wait

Marion, sorry to hear about your friend . I hope all goes well for him and that he's back on the mend soon.

Lisa x
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jul 07, 09:52 PM  
Link to this Post
paulrae
Imagineer

paulrae's Reviews
Marion thinking of your friend wish him luck

Old 31 Jul 07, 11:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Heather1957
Imagineer

Hi guys sorry to hear about the new issues, as I said I know a fair amount about it because of my friend.

To be fair to her, she plays down how serious it is, I've found out more info on the web so am now aware of how bad it is!

Hope those of you who are going through a bad time are soon better.
Heather1957 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Aug 07, 10:50 PM  
Link to this Post
TrueBlue
Imagineer

TrueBlue's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 5
U[date on my friend. Well he is still in hospital and it's not looking good. His consultant has told him to cancel his holiday as he will probably be looking at another operation.

They think they might have missed a bit of the damaged tissue from his last op 6 weeks ago. Only problem now is they say he is too weak to under go another operation so soon after the last one and want to wait another 6 weeks.

He is still in hospital and is on an anti-biotic drip? and they are also trying to build him up as he has no energy and just feels totally drained.

I feel so sorry that they are missing out on a holiday but I have told them that their insurance should pay out as everything was declared to the insurance company about his crohns when they first booked their insurance. I've told them that they can get away somewhere once her DH is back to full recovery again.
TrueBlue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread