Notices
Additional Support Needs & DAS Help & advice

Old 1 Sep 15, 09:25 AM  
Link to this Post
Greyfriars
Imagineer

I have just been in touch with Eurotunnel Insurance They have stopped doing Worldwide travel insurance so they are no longer an option for the USA.
Personally I have just booked to go to Florida in April and now have no insurance as my existing policy will have expired. They used to send me a quote before the policy end date.
Old 1 Sep 15, 10:48 PM  
Link to this Post

Thumbs up

My Mother is heading to Orlando in a couple of weeks. She has bone cancer so I knew insurance would be tough. I tried Staysure on Friday who wouldn't cover her. I didn't expect the cancer to be covered but hoped for basic cover for everything else. I thought she would just have to go with no insurance (and go everywhere encased in bubble wrap ) which is something I wouldn't ever want to consider.

Was reading through this thread tonight and tried a few one after the other. Tried Freedom, then AllClear then Saga who all said they couldn't offer a quote online and I would need to phone. I feared the worst then tried itssoeasytravelinsurance who stated online that the cancer wasn't included but they would cover her! It cost £138 for a 77 year old for a single trip and I'm so pleased that she is at least going with something! We are delighted -Many Thanks to the person who posted the name of this insurer!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Sep 15, 07:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Bootrip2
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Greyfriars View Post
I have just been in touch with Eurotunnel Insurance They have stopped doing Worldwide travel insurance so they are no longer an option for the USA.
Personally I have just booked to go to Florida in April and now have no insurance as my existing policy will have expired. They used to send me a quote before the policy end date.
I just posted on another thread about this, i was hoping to get this sorted with Eurotunnel, back to the drawing board for me, itssoeasytravelinsurance.com wouldnt give me quote! So disheartening. I know i shouldve got sorted earlier.
Bootrip2 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Sep 15, 08:32 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Bootrip2 View Post
I just posted on another thread about this, i was hoping to get this sorted with Eurotunnel, back to the drawing board for me, itssoeasytravelinsurance.com wouldnt give me quote! So disheartening. I know i shouldve got sorted earlier.
Try insurancewith, seems like your asked a gazillion questions but hopefully they will come through for you. Fingers crossed you get something sorted.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Sep 15, 11:51 AM  
Link to this Post
mrscopeman
Imagineer

Anyone had a recent quote for a 75ish year old whose had a heart attack, and on drugs to managed blood pressure etc, but had no invasive surgery (just had an exercise and diet plan!).

My mum got all teary this weekend because she thinks she won't be able to visit us in Texas when we move out, and I know you can get insurance for a few hundred quid for annual (90 day) cover!

My dad has something too, but its not as serious IFAIK.

I'm going to put them at the front of the plane or on the Queen Mary if I have too. A few hundred quid for their insurance is a lot cheaper than us coming home as a family!
With Own Brood: '07 POFQ | '08 POFQ | '09 SSR | '10 BCR | '11 AKL | '12 OKW | '13 AoA | '14 OKW | '15 UCR/Texas/ASM
mrscopeman is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Sep 15, 09:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Rachel1
Imagineer

Originally Posted by erkeyderkey View Post
Try insurancewith, seems like your asked a gazillion questions but hopefully they will come through for you. Fingers crossed you get something sorted.
Originally Posted by Bootrip2 View Post
Just sorted ours with insurance with. £318 for the 4 of us for 18 days. My dh has a condition that others won't insure or give premiums of around £2k!

I had to phone as the exact condition wasn't on the online system and yes lots of questions but they all made sense and gave me the impression that whoever set up their screening knew what they were doing!

Rachel x

2016 Trip Report http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/repo...p?userid=29250
Rachel1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Sep 15, 09:56 PM  
Link to this Post
princess pixie
Apprentice Imagineer

Not sure if anyone else has seen this but looks like direct travel insurance are no longer doing travel insurance, says they arent taking on any new purchases, we have always used them as they were great with pre existing conditions, does anyone know why?

October 2007 - Windsor Hills (First Trip)
October 2009 - Tuscan Hills Villa
October 2010 - 2 Weeks in Florida
October 2012 - 10 Days in Florida
June/July 2013 - 2 Weeks in Florida
October 2014 - 3 Weeks in Florida
princess pixie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Oct 15, 11:21 PM  
Link to this Post
buzz_leedsyear
slightly serious Dibber

RE - Direct travel insurance; This has happened to us too. We've had annual insurance with them for years. Unsure who to go with now.
buzz_leedsyear is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Oct 15, 03:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Bootrip2
VIP Dibber

Thought i had it sorted, but now i'm not so sure. An absolute minefield! DD as optic gliomas which are classed as malignant, not benign as i had thought, anybody got any good deals on malignant tumours? PM me if you prefer.

Thanks. X
Bootrip2 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jan 16, 11:43 AM  
Link to this Post
cliver18
Very Serious Dibber

Just got mine sorted with get going £187 for single trip for 4 of us, my premium was loaded for my medical conditions but thought that was a good price and am fully covered.
Bonus was that all the screening questions were online and no need to make a long phone call to get cover.
getgoinginsurance

Tags
medical conditions, special needs, travel insurance