Notices
Additional Support Needs & DAS Help & advice

Closed Thread

Old 28 Nov 08, 07:42 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by mainecoon lover View Post
Should your OT not be providing this. I would look into it hun.
Originally Posted by loadsapixiedust View Post
I was just about to post the same thing, contact the social work department at your local council and ask for an occupational therapist to visit and assess what you need. You shouldn't have to pay for essential adaptations.
Thanks Ladies. I was assessed many years ago and did get a raised toilet seat and some feet to raise my bed but that was it. The woman couldn't get out of the house quick enough and she's never been back in touch despite saying she would be. I found the whole experience humiliating as she made me feel I was making a fuss over nothing. Obviously things have gone downhill since then and I should get in touch. I have an emergency appointment with the practice physio on Tuesday as I had to call them to borrow a crutch as I was really struggling to walk. I'm going to ask her for advice and then follow up on it. I should also ask for reassessment for DLA as I get nothing for mobility but again it's the thought of going through all that again, especially as I have an indefinite award
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Nov 08, 07:50 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by matthews_mum View Post
Thanks Ladies. I was assessed many years ago and did get a raised toilet seat and some feet to raise my bed but that was it. The woman couldn't get out of the house quick enough and she's never been back in touch despite saying she would be. I found the whole experience humiliating as she made me feel I was making a fuss over nothing. Obviously things have gone downhill since then and I should get in touch. I have an emergency appointment with the practice physio on Tuesday as I had to call them to borrow a crutch as I was really struggling to walk. I'm going to ask her for advice and then follow up on it. I should also ask for reassessment for DLA as I get nothing for mobility but again it's the thought of going through all that again, especially as I have an indefinite award
I know these assesments are horrible but if you have gotten worse then you really should have an assesment. It will make your life eassier in the long run.
Old 6 Dec 08, 09:17 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by matthews_mum View Post
Get onto your local social work office and start yelling for the fittings you need now! My mum has moderate/severe Alzheimer's and our local dept told us to get all necessary help etc lined up now, as it becomes so much harder to get help when the illness/disability becomes severe.

As regards your DLA, are there no local advice centres (not CAB) that can help with the form filling to get you your full range of allowances? Our local service is terrific! I can fully understand not wanting to mess with an indefinite award.
Old 7 Dec 08, 08:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Saratoska
VIP Dibber

Saratoska's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by mainecoon lover View Post
Not getting it till Jan or March at the latest. It will not be with the christmas bonus. If you get dla you will get it.
thanks Michelle

Saratoska is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Dec 08, 05:44 PM  
Link to this Post

Just found this, so it looks like us carers will get £60 as well. Will be intresting to see if we get it.

You may be able to get Christmas Bonus, the one-off tax-free £10 payment made before Christmas. For 2008, an additional tax-free payment of £60 will be paid automatically to those customers getting a qualifying benefit in the week commencing 22 December 2008. This will be paid between January 2009 and March 2009.
Who is eligible?

To get a Christmas Bonus you must be a resident in the UK, Channel Islands, Isle of Man, Gibraltar, any EEA country, or Switzerland and be entitled (unless you are deferring your State Pension) to at least one of the following benefits in the first full week in December:
Attendance Allowance
Constant Attendance Allowance
Contribution-based Employment and Support Allowance
Disability Living Allowance
Incapacity Benefit at the long-term rate
Industrial Death Benefit
Carer's Allowance
Mobility Supplement
Pension Credit - the guarantee element
State Pension (including Graduated Pension)
Severe Disablement Allowance
Unemployability Supplement or Allowance
War Disablement Pension if aged 65 or over
War Widow's Pension
Widow's Pension
Widowed Mother's Allowance
Widowed Parent's Allowance
The above is taken from the Government web site
Old 3 Jan 09, 11:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Thomsork
Apprentice Imagineer

This little bonus will come in very handy indeed.

As you all know every little helps!

Thomsork is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jan 09, 08:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Mazzy
Imagineer

Mazzy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 9
Just wondered if anyone had had their bonus yet?

PREVIOUS TRIPS:
WALT DISNEY WORLD:
Dolphin:
MAY 1999, SEPT 2003, XMAS 2005, AUG 2007, APR 2008, APR 2009
Port Orleans Riverside
NOV 2000,
Port Orleans French Quarter APR 2005, OCT 2006
Polynesian: FEB 2007
Caribbean Beach SEPT 2008
DISNEYLAND PARIS: SEPT 1999, JAN 2002, MAY 2006
DISNEYLAND RESORT CALIFORNIA:
AUG 2007, JULY 2010
Mazzy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jan 09, 08:51 PM  
Link to this Post

Nope nothing here
Old 9 Jan 09, 10:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Love*my*hols
Imagineer

If you are in receipt of DLA it will be paid towards the end of March
Old 9 Jan 09, 10:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Thomsork
Apprentice Imagineer

Nothing here either.

Usually we are informed by post of any deviation from the regular payment.
Thomsork is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread