Old 30 Apr 09, 08:28 AM  
Link to this Post
mumx3
Imagineer

mumx3's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by The mul View Post
Hi Everyone,

I just got off the phone to Universal Studios, customer services and I spoke to a women called Tammy and she assured me that this information is not true.

I asked her to go onto the Dibb forum and read the thread about the changes to the Gac, so while I was on the phone, she read all of the thread and then also got her supervisor and Robi as well to read this infomation and she told me that Robi did not say this in his phone call.

I then said to her, why would anyone post this information if it was not true, but she did not really have any answer to that or to the fact about Robi saying this in his conversation with Mumx3.

I personally believe that we have caught out Universal in trying to do something that is not exactly honest :angry:
OMG! I can't beleive what I have just read, do you all really think that I just made this conversation up! ,
He is the e-mail Robi sent after talking to me on the phone.

Thank you for contacting Universal Orlando® Guest Services.

It was a pleasure speaking with you via telephone. I hope the information I provided was helpful. As we discussed, your concerns have been forwarded to the appropriate management teams for their review and future action. If you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to call me at (407) 224-4233, option nine (9.)

Again, thank you for contacting us. We hope you will visit again soon.

Best Regards,

Robi

Guest Services

Universal Orlando®
I cannot beleive that he has more or less called me a liar, another not quite as nice e-mail we be sent of to Robi today also to Tammy.
2003 Xmas..Blue Tree Resort..2007 Xmas..Villa Kissimmee..2008..Mauritius..2009..Marriott Cypress Harbour..2010..CA Road Trip & Xmas in Vegas..2012..Xmas Mauritius..2013.Mauritius..2014.Poland..2015..Canada
2016..New York. & Lanzerote..2017.Caribbean cruise.. 2018..Prague...2018 Turkey...2019 Dubai..2019 India
mumx3 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Apr 09, 08:35 AM  
Link to this Post
Heather1957
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mumx3 View Post
OMG! I can't beleive what I have just read, do you all really think that I just made this conversation up! ,
No, I don't think anyone does, it's more of the case that Universal seem to be 'back peddling' about this now.
Old 30 Apr 09, 08:56 AM  
Link to this Post
BarryandCaron
Imagineer

BarryandCaron's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 15
Originally Posted by Heather1957 View Post
I do hope they have given you accurate information.

I am one of the 'normal' guests who is glad that I have the ability to queue and in no way begrudge anyone whatever they need to make their trip to Universal or Disney easier.

With the amount of people involved I doubt the time difference is barely noticeable.

If it did come to a petition I think there'll be lots of people prepared to sign it including those who (at the moment) are lucky enough not to require GAC but support the system for those who do.
Thank you Heather for a supportive post, at least there are some people who realise the strain parents of disabled children are under in a theme park.

We have only been to Universal once and stayed at the RPR so got front of line throughout our stay. I always offer a letter from DS2 Consultant when I ask for a GAC at Disney.

Caron
Old 30 Apr 09, 10:02 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Heather1957 View Post
I do hope they have given you accurate information.

I am one of the 'normal' guests who is glad that I have the ability to queue and in no way begrudge anyone whatever they need to make their trip to Universal or Disney easier.

With the amount of people involved I doubt the time difference is barely noticeable.

If it did come to a petition I think there'll be lots of people prepared to sign it including those who (at the moment) are lucky enough not to require GAC but support the system for those who do.
i too would like to say thank you Heather for your kind supportive and understanding words, it is very much appreciated
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Apr 09, 10:17 AM  
Link to this Post
The mul
Apprentice Imagineer

Hi Everyone,

I would also like to thank Heather for her very kind words as well.

I think we just all want to get the help that our child deserves.
Old 30 Apr 09, 11:35 AM  
Link to this Post
tnkrbell
Imagineer

tnkrbell's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 5
Guidebook Photos: 13
Guidebook Reviews: 1
I wonder what will happen to the children who go to disney from Give Kids the World Village? Will they be subject to queing for hours on end to meet characters or to go on rides?

November Pre Trippie
Our Happily Ever After 29/10/2014 Cypress Grove Estate House Wedding Day Report
2 weeks of offsites/onsites food report
tnkrbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Apr 09, 11:52 AM  
Link to this Post

Tnkrbell the children from the give kids the world village have access that is completely different these children are treated like the VIP's they very rightly should be and many rides are back door access or straight to the front

(these children usually have a terminal or life threatening illness)

Edited at 11:54 AM.
Old 30 Apr 09, 12:07 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by KarenS View Post
Heather,
At MK last year waiting to go on the jungle cruise there was a group of 10 people in the wheelchair line in front of us with what looked like a really old woman in a wheelchair. They practically took up a whole boat by themselves. I thought this was taking it a bit too far.
having just travelled with an 83 year old, in a wheelchair, (in a group of 10 - Myself, DH, our 5 children, my grandmother, my aunt and my cousin) I do just have to take issue with this part of your post.

I fully support the issuing of GAC to disabled guests and their companions. It has been raised several times that the GAC enables these guests to use the attractions TOGETHER, as a family.
What you have posted seems to suggest that its perfectly fine for disabled guests to enjoy the parks as a family unit, but if you are travelling in a large group with an elderly relative, it is not - surely that is discrimination too? My grandmother could not queue for any length of time without her wheelchair, and certain rides and shows are inaccessible without it. She didn't ride that much anyway but the what your post seems to be suggesting is that if she did we would have had to 'split our group', thus not being able to enjoy it as a family unit.

Thoughts?
Old 30 Apr 09, 01:37 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenS
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by jojovontrapp View Post
having just travelled with an 83 year old, in a wheelchair, (in a group of 10 - Myself, DH, our 5 children, my grandmother, my aunt and my cousin) I do just have to take issue with this part of your post.

I fully support the issuing of GAC to disabled guests and their companions. It has been raised several times that the GAC enables these guests to use the attractions TOGETHER, as a family.
What you have posted seems to suggest that its perfectly fine for disabled guests to enjoy the parks as a family unit, but if you are travelling in a large group with an elderly relative, it is not - surely that is discrimination too? My grandmother could not queue for any length of time without her wheelchair, and certain rides and shows are inaccessible without it. She didn't ride that much anyway but the what your post seems to be suggesting is that if she did we would have had to 'split our group', thus not being able to enjoy it as a family unit.

Thoughts?
Jo,

Please accept my apologies - I really didn't mean to cause offence and I have been avidly reading and loving your trip reports.

The example I was giving was of a large group of adults with one elderly woman in a wheelchair.There were no children in the group the youngest looked as if they were in their early twenties. I think it was probably several generations of one family. I just remember thinking it was a bit much but I can totally understand why you wouldn't agree with this. There is a limit to the amount of people that can access a ride with someone who has a GAC card - I think the limit is 6. So if we were in Disney with a larger party we wouldn't all be able to ride together and if I'm honest I wouldn't expect to.

Karen
KarenS is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Apr 09, 02:11 PM  
Link to this Post

I've read through all of this and i now definatly feel we should start some sort of petition against universal . As a first timer this is so annoying when the information is always changing with them ,telling diffrent things to diffrent people how infuriating .
Universal has said that the american autistic society said that thier quiet chill out rooms were excellent i would love to see a copy of this as it doesnt ring true for me i cant honestly see them supporting this type of thing as they would ineffectively be saying all autistic people are the same and would benefit from this, in our case it would be like locking up my son and us for that matter .
Personally i wouldnt mind paying the extra for fast passes but at a reduced rate for families of children with difficulties (fixed rate all year round) , they could post some type of form on thier web site that must be filled in and stamped by a doctor or other medical person . It may bother others because they may feel that they shouldnt have to justify themselves to anybody but i reacon thats all we seem to do these days to get access to any kind of help we require anyway if that makes sense .
Sorry for going on a bit but im just so annoyed by this , i know Universal dont wont to be seen as doing anything the same as Disney but thier policy works so whats the problem ?
Closed Thread