Notices
Additional Support Needs & DAS Help & advice

Closed Thread

Old 20 Aug 09, 04:42 PM  
Link to this Post
lorrie36
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Hollytigs View Post
I think I will reapply for the low rate mobility when we get back from Disney. She gets the middle rate for care and is in the top band for statementing. She was only registered as partially sighted this year, so it wasn't on the original application form, which might explain why they thought I was not entitled. It's only recently since my youngest started walking (she is 23 months) that I noticed how I have to help my 6 year old with walking MORE than my toddler and that made me think!

Good luck to everyone out there going through these things. You do hear some terrible stories about how people have had to fight for things for their children and it makes me very sad. We have been extremely lucky to have really good children's services around here, and I got in early (my Health Visitor had her signed up for speech therapy at about 6 months because she knew what the waitlists were like LOL!). I even managed to get a blue badge for her between the ages of 3 and 5 because she couldn't get in and out of the car and I had to lift her (she is very overweight too), so they even bent the rules a little bit for me! And her school is wonderful - the headmistress is even on the statementing panel! Hugs to everyone.
I would def go for it,like you say,you don't ask you don't get!
Have a great time away as well
x

lorrie36 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 09, 06:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Nordicpollan
Excited about Disney

Hi Sometimes it really depends on how the forms are filled out
My DS2 was origionally denied eithe4r DLA care or moblitiy as I filled out the form with an optimistic heart! When we appealled a Dr came and visited and within days we had both care and mobility at the higher rate. Which as DS2 condition will only get worst is right(sad but right)

At the same time a little girl with Downs was granted care and mobility at the higher rate which at the time was right but she also got the award for life and her Mum has just sent me photos of her daughter doing the Exmoor challenge(12 miles! ) and would we sponser her daughter on her fund raising walk (for her day care centre) She has said her daughter will be walking 20 miles along the Great Western Canel! We will give as small amount to the charity but I do wonder how some one who can walk unaided 12 and 20 miles should get higher rate mobility

Karen
Old 20 Aug 09, 07:16 PM  
Link to this Post
lorrie36
VIP Dibber

just in case you didn't know,there has been a special needs section of its own now in the social group,it has been made by pudg, well done,great job.thanx for that
x

lorrie36 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 09, 01:41 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by lorrie36 View Post
just in case you didn't know,there has been a special needs section of its own now in the social group,it has been made by pudg, well done,great job.thanx for that
x
Hi How do I access this? Thanks
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 09, 01:43 PM  
Link to this Post
rizzy135
Imagineer

rizzy135's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 4

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 9
Originally Posted by wendiandco View Post
Click on the Community tab at the top of the forum, it then gives you the social groups click on that & search all groups & you should find the special needs one & then join.

Penny

Hampton Lakes April 2005
New York July 2005
Las Vegas & San Francisco June 2006

Hampton Lakes April 2007, May 2008, October 2009
Hard Rock Hotel Universal October 2009

Hampton Lakes October 2011
Royal Pacific Resort Universal October 2011
rizzy135 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 09, 01:44 PM  
Link to this Post
pudge
Imagineer

pudge's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 5
Originally Posted by wendiandco View Post
Hi wendy just either click on the left hand side social groups button as a message was posted today or look for us under the social groups page, looking forward to seeing you there x
[/B][COLOR="Magenta"]2006 Crescent Lakes/New Port Richey, 2008 Highlands Reserve, 2010 Cumbrian Lakes (freebie) & Rolling Hills, 2012 Highlands Reserve, 2014 Bridgewater Crossing, 2015 Rolling Hills/HRH, 2016 Dibb villa Highlands Reserve/HRH & Vegas, 2017 Rolling Hills, Xmas 2018 Rolling Hills & RPR, 2019 Highlands Reserve, 2020 Highlands Reserve canx 2021 Emerald isle fingers crossed
pudge is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 09, 01:45 PM  
Link to this Post
pudge
Imagineer

pudge's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 5
Originally Posted by rizzy135 View Post
Click on the Community tab at the top of the forum, it then gives you the social groups click on that & search all groups & you should find the special needs one & then join.

Penny
Oh you beat me to it Penny x
[/B][COLOR="Magenta"]2006 Crescent Lakes/New Port Richey, 2008 Highlands Reserve, 2010 Cumbrian Lakes (freebie) & Rolling Hills, 2012 Highlands Reserve, 2014 Bridgewater Crossing, 2015 Rolling Hills/HRH, 2016 Dibb villa Highlands Reserve/HRH & Vegas, 2017 Rolling Hills, Xmas 2018 Rolling Hills & RPR, 2019 Highlands Reserve, 2020 Highlands Reserve canx 2021 Emerald isle fingers crossed
pudge is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Aug 09, 06:52 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by mcplod View Post
This is really a sore point for me!

Our ds is autistic, he has dyspraxia, moderate aortic heart disease, low muscle tone, and wears splints for pronated feet/shortened tendons. He gets out of breath due to his heart disease, but because he can walk, he was refused mobility.
I have to do physio with him everyday because he can't walk properly and he is going to have to wear orthotics all day but yet he was refused.

Also, we were refused a blue badge.

It annoys me so much because he has to have surgery for to help him to walk better.
Hi this makes me sooooo mad when you see the amount of people driving around in mobility cars they obviously have no need for!
My ds has autism and ADHD i too have applied for higher rate mobility and been refused twice, even though at one point i couldnt attempt to bored a bus or train and have even been asked to get off a train at one point as my son was so distressed other passengers were complaining! Autism is apparently not classed as a mental impairment, so if your child has behavioural issues they are supposed to be linked to this, Also if your child has an iq over 50 and displays behaviour you will not be entitled. I have had to get a loan out to buy a car to ferry my son around in while at least 3 people in the road i live in dont work and have mobility cars they should not have... benefits system is a joke
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Aug 09, 06:52 PM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread