Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Closed Thread

Old 13 Feb 05, 10:14 PM  
Link to this Post
tinkeraves
Helping Minnie

Disneyland Paris?

CAN ANYONE TELL ME IS IT A WORTHWHILE TRIP?
I HAVE BEEN TO ORLANDO ONCE AND LOVED IT WE ARE RETURNING AT HALLOWEEN! BUT I WAS THINKING OF A LITTLE BREAK TO DISNEYLAND PARIS BEFORE THEN ANYBODY GOT ANY GOOD OR BAD REPORTS ABOUT GAY PARIS?
THANKSX
tinkeraves is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Feb 05, 10:17 PM  
Link to this Post

WE love DLP - it's great for a long weekend break when you need that Disney fix but don't have the time or money to get all the way to Orlando. Compared to the Magic Kingdom in Orlando I think that the Disneyland park at Paris is much nicer even if it does have slightly fewer rides. The new park at Paris, the Walt Disney Studios, is still very small and disappointing compared to Disney/MGM in Orlando, but worth a visit if only to see the car stunt show.

Not sure where you live, but if you do go to Paris the Eurostar service is very convenient - takes you straight to the gates of the parks!

Regards

Rob
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Feb 05, 10:18 PM  
Link to this Post

We've been to WDW 4 times but needed a little boost in summer last year so went to DLP for a few days.

We went August bank holiday so it was a little busier than we would have liked also the Europeans aren't top of the list when it comes to being polite. But having said that I thought it was great. We really enjoyed it and would happily go back.

We stayed in Hotel New York which was only about a 5 minute walk from the parks and good quality - I'd highly recommend it.

Alison
Old 14 Feb 05, 09:58 AM  
Link to this Post

We went a few years ago and stayed at New York hotel. Very good access to DTD and the two parks. This was in March and the parks were not that busy over the weekend... but it was cold.

We flew easyjet from Liverpool and got the Disney bus to the hotel. We could walk each morning/evening to the parks.

The cowboy dinner show in DTD was excellent, better than what we have seen in Orlando. The kids had a ball.

We had not done WDW at that point and it was to see if we would like the theme parks... before the expense of travelling to WDW, Orlando.

It was an excellent weekend... however, since being to WDW, the parks are very similar (MK and MGM), cast members not as friendly, the food is not as good, food/drink is VERY expensive £7 for a beer in the hotel) and the people are possible the rudest you will ever meet.

Would we go back... probably not. Mainly because I found the people so rude, the concept of waiting in a line for a ride or autograph is not a concept they understand. The kids were bad, but not a patch on some of the parents.
Old 14 Feb 05, 01:28 PM  
Link to this Post

I stayed at the (western ) themed hotel , some 4 years ago.
The room was fine but i agree the people were awful. The word que is not in the language.
We were also not given the correct change in one of the park restaurants/ take aways. It caused a big stir. Woman was marched off her till and it was counted by the location manager. After she played the 'i cannot understand you' card when we told her she had not given us enough change. Later the manager came to us and gave us the correct change commenting on how many other customers were not given the correct change. With her till having way too much cash in there
Since then we have been back for a day trip. But i don't think that DLP has the same appeal anymore. Once i had visited Florida , its just not the same at DLP.
Old 14 Feb 05, 03:15 PM  
Link to this Post

Dont go there and compare it to WDW... you will come away thinking it isnt as good...

As a short break to give yourself a disney fix... go for it... and before you go learn the french for "some people have no manners!"
Old 14 Feb 05, 03:27 PM  
Link to this Post

I agree that orderly queueing doesn't come naturally to DLP's visitors, but in my experience it's no worse than any theme park in the UK. If you've been to Alton Towers, Thorpe Park, etc and found that queue behaviour was acceptable you'll have no problems in Paris. Best tip is to make sure you get to the park early and ride the major attractions before the queues build up.

Regards

Rob
Old 14 Feb 05, 03:45 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
we went a few years ago in November - it was before the 2nd park opened, so there was just the Magic Kingdom park.

It was very very cold, but I thought it was lovely - the park is really beautiful and the rides are nice, all seemed much newer and fresher than Orlando.
The only reason we haven't been back is we find it very expensive to get there, everytime we have looked into it we have decided it wouldn't be cost effective.
BUT - Easyjet have recently started a service from Newcastle to Paris, so that may well change.

It's not a 2 week holiday destination like Orlando, but for a weekend break, I think it's very good.
We stayed at the Cheyenne Hotel, and as far as theming goes, I couldn't fault it - it is an extremely well themed hotel, probably on a par with the All Stars (except no pool), but the theming is far superior. We found all the staff at the Cheyenne to be very friendly. We did encounter a few rude staff members, and I have to agree with the queueing at characters (although I think that was the fault of the staff if I am honest, they didn't seem to instigate lines in the way that they do in Orlando, and allowed a bit of a free for all) but on the whole we had a good weekend
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Feb 05, 04:50 PM  
Link to this Post

One European mama actually pulled my DS away from the Disney character after he had waited ages for an autograph and pushed her little darling into the front. It was a shambles with no real organisations... We were amased when we went to Orlando and how well behaved people were and how the cast members controlled the lines.

Been to Alton Towers and Thorpe Park on many occasions and DLP is nothing like them, in respect to waiting in ride queue...
Old 14 Feb 05, 08:11 PM  
Link to this Post

We went at October half term and loved it, at that stage I didn't think we would ever get to Orlando as I am a single parent and whilst I travel to SA with my daughter I thought it wouldn't be fun going for 2 weeks to USA, that said we are tagging on to my sisters familys trip at Easter. I have to go along with what has been said before, I found some of the characters behaviour appalling, they frightened my daughter, but generally we loved it, I splashed out and went to Cafe Mickey which was definitely worth the money. We didn't stay at a Disney Hotel and I would say that is definitely a disadvantage.
Closed Thread