Notices
Additional Support Needs & DAS Help & advice

Closed Thread

Old 24 Apr 11, 09:14 PM  
Link to this Post
jazzmic
VIP Dibber

our dgd is 3 we flew when she was 9mths the worst seats and last on the plane,next she was 18mths worst seats and last on the plane, then just before her 3rd birthday back seats last on the plane i did not realised that infants were a priority dgd seat cost £800 and that was flying with thomson prem gold but we have decided that we will always want the back seats in prem gold they are the best
jazzmic is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Apr 11, 04:26 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsGrumpy
Apprentice Imagineer

Joan, my heart goes out to you. Travelling is bad enough without the added stress of wondering what disasters are looming this journey and wondering if you will actually be able to physically fit in the seats they allocate you.

Thank you everybody for all the support. Was wondering if I was expecting too much. Have replied to BA this morning, see how long they take to reply this time. If no adequate response will contact the CEO - if I can find an address that will get direct to him!
MrsGrumpy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Apr 11, 05:10 PM  
Link to this Post
GYPSIES
Imagineer

I recently rang BA asking for a bulkhead/skycot seat and found out that not all the bulkhead seats have skycots on our plane layout on 3 4 3 its only the end 2 that have skycots so we have a skycot booked but I am sitting alone with the baby not the whole family. I thinks its pretty awful that they didnt give you a bulkhead, also with DD on her 1st trip we actually didnt use the skycot on the way out because she didnt sleep only on the way back so I would of swapped no problem.
Apr/May 05 - Villa Weston Hills, Apr/May 06 - Villa Weston Hills, Apr/May 08 - Villa Weston Hills, Sept/Oct 09 - Villa Sunrise Lakes, May 11 - Villa Southern Dunes, Sept 13 - Villa Sandy Ridge May 15 - Villa Glenbook

GYPSIES is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Apr 11, 06:31 PM  
Link to this Post
JoS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by MrsGrumpy View Post
Joan, my heart goes out to you. Travelling is bad enough without the added stress of wondering what disasters are looming this journey and wondering if you will actually be able to physically fit in the seats they allocate you.

Thank you everybody for all the support. Was wondering if I was expecting too much. Have replied to BA this morning, see how long they take to reply this time. If no adequate response will contact the CEO - if I can find an address that will get direct to him!
Thank you. Cant say I enjoy travelling now but hey, it gets you there. I have never discussed my disability on here before, but it infuriated me so much when Warkman58 said about the seats not being given to those who need them and parking spaces. His sentence "Surely the DDA states that teh disabled should be treated the same as any other person not treated as a special section of society?"... just does not make sense to me. How can your very dear son be treated the same when he can do so little for himself?
I really do hope you get sorted out with BA. If I can be of any help at all let me know. Good luck and God bless.
JoS is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Apr 11, 06:38 PM  
Link to this Post
JoS
Imagineer

ceoemail/

This link gives CEO of BA ( under transport ) Is it still him?
JoS is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Apr 11, 06:39 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by JoS View Post
Thank you. Cant say I enjoy travelling now but hey, it gets you there. I have never discussed my disability on here before, but it infuriated me so much when Warkman58 said about the seats not being given to those who need them and parking spaces. His sentence "Surely the DDA states that teh disabled should be treated the same as any other person not treated as a special section of society?"... just does not make sense to me. How can your very dear son be treated the same when he can do so little for himself?
I really do hope you get sorted out with BA. If I can be of any help at all let me know. Good luck and God bless.
Hi Joan

don't get yourself upset over those comments - some people just don't understand.

My DS has autism and we often get stared at. I used to get angry and embarrassed, but not any more.

A wise friend told me to ignore these people and "forgive them for their ignorance".

Don't let this put you off travelling
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Apr 11, 06:47 PM  
Link to this Post
JoS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by SanyPatNat View Post
Hi Joan

don't get yourself upset over those comments - some people just don't understand.

My DS has autism and we often get stared at. I used to get angry and embarrassed, but not any more.

A wise friend told me to ignore these people and "forgive them for their ignorance".

Don't let this put you off travelling
Thank you ... you are right, and so is your friend. Thanks for taking the time to reply
Old 25 Apr 11, 06:53 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Saratoska View Post
each year our stomachs are in knots prior to boarding.
Oh I know that feeling I've actually been in tears before boarding hopefully none of us will have anything to worry about but you can never be sure there won't be a problem however careful you are in checking all the arrangements. Once we had our seats changed 3 times from check in to boarding, on some flights we've even been moved after we have boarded. Most passengers and cabin crew are understanding but it only takes one with wrong information or a bit of an attitude to make your journey a nightmare.

Edited at 06:57 PM.
Old 25 Apr 11, 06:59 PM  
Link to this Post

Thank you ... you are right, and so is your friend. Thanks for taking the time to reply
Your welcome xx
Old 25 Apr 11, 07:02 PM  
Link to this Post
lindylou2_2002
Imagineer

lindylou2_2002's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 8
but it infuriated me so much when Warkman58 said about the seats not being given to those who need them and parking spaces. His sentence "Surely the DDA states that teh disabled should be treated the same as any other person not treated as a special section of society?"... just does not make sense to me. .
I feel for the poster who made the comments as I dont think he meant it the way its been taken. (obviously i dont know that for sure)
I have many friends with SEN children some quite bad. Not in main stream school.
But some have been shoehorned in to mainstream schools to "help them fit it" but end up disrupting (through no fault of their own) the setting they are in. At my daughters school there was a child the bites kicks and swears at the teachers on a daily basis. (not sure what condition he has but is a spectrum disorder) the teachers have to put up with the abuse as the parents want him in a normal setting. He has a TA assigned to him but he is still really disruptive. Also in my dd2 class we have a cerabal palsy little boy again who disrupts the class. through no fault of his own. Because the parents want him in a normal setting.

I do think that anyone who needs extra time to board an aircraft should get it, be it age, youth or disability.
My neighbour cant get a blue badge even though she has MS which is quite bad she has been turned down on appeal. the only reason she can work is because her company makes incredable allowances and if she is feeling wiped out she works from home etc. The girl down the road was diagnosed about 8 years ago and got it no problem, (as my neighbour had a chat to her about it) but apparently the criteria in this area has changed, my neighbour really struggles when she goes to the supermarket as she has to park further away as the spaces near the door are bluebadge only.
So its not as cut and dried as people think and is always going to provoke strong opinions.
Mrs Grumpy I think you should maybe see if you can get an online pertion(sp) going to add weight to the letter you are sending BA. Im sure lots of people would sign. also maybe would it be a story for watchdog to highlight maybe?

Hopefully I wont get too flamed for this but feel that everyone seems to be ganging up on warkman 58 who at the end of the day has the sme right to express his opinion as everyone else. Sometimes when it is written down it isnt taken in the way it is meant.

Sept 2001 Westridge,
Sept 2004 Hampton Lakes,
May 2006 West Stonebridge
Aug 2009 Silver Creek
July30-Aug7 2010 DCL Med Repo Cruise
Aug 2011 DLC Magic Med Cruise
Aug 2012 New York trip + a little DCL Disney MAGIC
August 2013 Villa plus cruise
Oct 2013 Reimagined Magic 5 day cruise
DLP Too many visits to count.
lindylou2_2002 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread