Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Closed Thread

Old 17 May 05, 03:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Bovril
Apprentice Imagineer

Question Disneyland hotel DLP

DH has just announced that because I'm having a rather significant birthday in Jan he wants to take me to DLP.

Personally I would rather go to WDW, but he hates flying so that's out of the question

So has anybody stayed at the Disneyland hotel? is it worth the big money that's charged for it?

Been to all of the others except the New York and Disneyland, so am interested in others opinions.

Talking of big money... Castle Club, worth it or not?

Bev
Old 17 May 05, 04:11 PM  
Link to this Post

Been to all the DLP hotels did them with work. I loved the sequoia Lodge however the Disneyland Hotel is magnificant and the rooms are bigger than the rest. Disneyland hotel really is a luxury hotel something for littel (and big! ) princesses!
Personally I think that the amount of money you would end up paying could take you to WDW staying off resort however if that is out the question and you are looking at spending this amount of money then I would say go for it because its such a delight!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 05, 04:12 PM  
Link to this Post

I stayed there for my birthday last year and loved it! Made me feel part of the magic with the Disney characters in the hotel.

I found the food a bit of a let down (i guess as we usually do WDW than DLP so the food had a real french flavour)

The hotel is lovely, close to the park, and ideal for a special weekend. Next time i go to DLP i plan on staying there - in the Pink Palace as i call it. To us it was worth every penny!
Old 17 May 05, 11:37 PM  
Link to this Post
cat
Dibbing with Tink

The Disneyland Hotel is a lovely hotel, especially in the winter when you just stroll out of the park and straight in to the hotel. However it is very very expensive, and I doubt if we'll ever get to stay there again now we've discovered how much cheaper going independently and staying at the Holiday inn or Explorers can be ( we can visit about 4 times for the cost of a single stay in the disneyland Hotel).

If the money isn't too much of an issue then go for it.

I've heard good things about Castle club but never stayed there.
cat is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 May 05, 10:12 AM  
Link to this Post
judyjude
VIP Dibber

Another vote for the Disneyland Hotel. It was lovely and my dds loved the characters at breakfast. We had a room just across from the swimming pool which was lovely. I would love to go back.

www.facebook.com/729354090488754

info@saltirevillas.com
judyjude is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 May 05, 02:13 PM  
Link to this Post

Weve stayed at all the on site hotels except the NY and are going back to a standard room at the Disneyland Hotel in a couple of weeks. We only managed to book as its discounted due to renovation works going on otherwise we stay at the Cheyenne which is our favourite. Id say as its a special occassions, book the Disneyland - after all your worth it right! And its such a buzz to nip back and watch all the other tired families walk that long road up to the buses too!Especially at that time of the year when it could be cold or wet! Found the pool a bit of a let down being so small for such a grand place but loved the whole feel of being pampered - lovely surroundings, great staff and nice big rooms. Not had the yearnings for CC as I really would not want to spend THAT much on just a room to put my head - but you could check out the costs and see how you feel.
Old 20 May 05, 11:02 PM  
Link to this Post

Not a big fan of the DLH. We stayed there as part of a joint stay between NPB and DLH. We stayed for 11 nights in total.

Our room at DLH was smaller than the room at NPB. The swimming pool at DLH was a severe let down (very small) and the breakfasts were a mass scramble. Some parts of the DLH were grubby and the staff not as accommodating. We felt the place was full of spoilt brats (including some grown up ones!).

We always end up going back to Newport Bay and staying on the Admirals floor or in a suite next year for my 40th!

Staying on the Admirals floor gave us breakfast in the Captains quarters every day, with waitress service.

We felt much more relaxed and and special at NPB. we had a lovely room with a balcony overlooking the lake. Lovely!

Old 20 May 05, 11:02 PM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread