Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Closed Thread

Old 26 May 05, 11:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Stuart_D
Apprentice Imagineer

Stuart_D's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Anyone been to Anaheim ?

Ok so I'm less than one week back and I'm already trying to plan the next holiday. I've got to say I don't know what to do. I fancy the DVC and I've been looking at points and how to purchase them thanks to the help and advise of other Dibb members. However my DW says she doesn't want to go back to Florida for a few more years and would prefer to head out to California.

Has anyone been to Anaheim and how does it compare with Orlando ?
Stuart_D is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 May 05, 03:45 AM  
Link to this Post
Rigstig
Imagineer

Silver,glad to read your post.
We too are also looking at California/Nevada/Arizona for our next trip to the States,so anything positive to hear about these places makes me want to go even more.

Stuart

Anaheim 2008

California, Arizona and Nevada road trips 2012,2014, 2019
Rigstig is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 May 05, 05:18 AM  
Link to this Post
loopydiamond
Imagineer

some of my family live in San diego and as has already been said it is a stunning city...anaheim is also nice ... the only thing i would be aware of is that if its the theme parks that apeal to you in Florida, then they are more widely spread out in California, and in my opinion eating out is a little more expensive...that said, personally i prefer California...but i do think that it is a different kind of holiday altogether than Florida.
Old 27 May 05, 06:25 AM  
Link to this Post
lesliejohn
slightly serious Dibber

as you can see, we did the west coast a few years back, we enjoyed it . anaheim was nice, though not as big tourist wise as orlando. the two disney parks were smaller but good all the same.
there is also six flags/mountains out there, and sea world in san diego.
next time i do the west coast ,fly to seattle then a train to san fransico...lovely
les...
Old 27 May 05, 06:38 AM  
Link to this Post
camBB
Earning More Ears

I've been across to the west coast 3 times. the last time we flew into phoenix and drove onto Tucson down to tombstone and onto Mexico. On the way back we went to Vegas for a few days and flew back from there. Great holiday however we didn't have kids then. There's loads to do on the west coast with the zoo in San diego, Sea world etc loads in Anaheim, San Fran, Death valley, Vegas, Palm Springs and the national parks
camBB is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 May 05, 11:26 AM  
Link to this Post

answer

Hello

Apologies that I cannot compare with Florida as we have not been to Florida.

We wanted to do Disney etc and an American friend of ours (who has a house in Florida) suggested that California makes a much better all round holiday.

It was the best holiday that we have ever had and then some.

The beauty of it was some really good theme parks and not too busy (we went in August last year) but the climate was really good. Hot but not humid. Also we could have a day on a park and then a day at the beach or Hollywood sightseeing etc.

The parks we visited, Disney, Knotts, Universal and Sea World (San Diego) were all really, really good. None of the parks were too big.

We stayed in Anehiem, San Diego, Vegas and then Santa Monica.

There was huge choice in eating out and all very, very good value against what we are used to in the UK.

We are going to the US again next year and without a doubt it is California here we come.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 May 05, 11:28 AM  
Link to this Post

We found staying near the beach at Newport Beach much nicer than built up areas such as Anaheim. Also found that generally things including meals were cheaper than in Florida.
Claire
Old 27 May 05, 12:35 PM  
Link to this Post

I prefer the Disney parks in California as they are smaller, and tend to fly with United Vacations as they include 2 free stopovers.

So I like to do a few days in California then fly to Orlando and do universal etc there. Food is a heck of lot cheaper in Florida than California as well.

Might do it again soon.
Old 27 May 05, 01:17 PM  
Link to this Post

Car hire is more expensive in Calafornia, just something else to add to the discussion. California is nice but it can be a bit an*l in some places. San Deigo is fab as is San Fransisco, LA is a dump!
Old 27 May 05, 01:18 PM  
Link to this Post

we were actually thinking of doing this in 2007. spending 4 days at califorina then flying back to florida for 7 days. only doing disney parks at florida. we can only take a max of 14 days.
has anyone else done this?
Closed Thread