Notices
Additional Support Needs & DAS Help & advice

Closed Thread

Old 25 Jul 12, 06:45 PM  
Link to this Post
coombsyl
Imagineer

Many thanks for this. Hubby has arthritis of the knees and I know he is a little worried about long queues at Christmas and knows he wouldn't be able to stand for that long. He won't want to miss rides with the grandchildren and I think that the GAC might be a perfect solution.
Old 25 Jul 12, 09:17 PM  
Link to this Post
BarryandCaron
Imagineer

BarryandCaron's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 15
Originally Posted by coombsyl View Post
Many thanks for this. Hubby has arthritis of the knees and I know he is a little worried about long queues at Christmas and knows he wouldn't be able to stand for that long. He won't want to miss rides with the grandchildren and I think that the GAC might be a perfect solution.
Lynn, if standing is an issue the CM's will suggest your DH hires a wheelchair so that he can access the rides.

Caron
Old 25 Jul 12, 11:50 PM  
Link to this Post
WickedPlans
Imagineer

WickedPlans's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by coombsyl View Post
Caron is right. They won't issue a GAC to people who have problems standing or walking. As my DH did, yours needs to consider hiring a scooter or wheelchair. Then he won't need a GAC as his difficulties will be obvious and if the queue is not accessible, then you will automatically be directed to an accessible entrance.

On the whole we found everywhere accessible and helpful so please don't worry, your DH will still be able to enjoy the rides.
Easter 2010, Florida Pines Villa - Avoiding Disasters, Lessons in Autism: Trip Report
Easter 2012, Sunset Lakes Villa - No Rest for the Wicked: Trip Report
WickedPlans is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 13, 12:37 AM  
Link to this Post

Newbie here and this post is exactly what I was looking for we've been twice before to Orlando and I've always sat on a bench while the family stand in a long queue as I cannot manage due to a disability for queue for very long this time I will be taking a wheelchair too and these tips and information are fantastic.
Thankyou
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jan 13, 12:36 AM  
Link to this Post
kiera99blakoe
I want to go now!

Wow I just came on the dibb for advice for my dd age 6 who has adhd, I am taking her to disney in June hopefully but i am a single parent and have been really worried about ques ect. I am planning on staying on site at disney for 10days at por with dining plan as am all sorted then and be able to have the extra hours in the park less crowded which will be fab, as my daughter has just been diagnosied and this trip is a treat I just want to make sure everything is perfect and as i will be alone i want it as stress free as possible i dont want to be dreading joining ques for rides with long wait times I think the guest assistance card would be a god send to dd and myself.
Also I really would like to have one of the new princess rooms at por my dd would love sleeping in there how likely am I to get one if I request, I wouldn't mention to dd just in case they were unable to allow me one but what a surprise it would be for her.
kiera99blakoe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jan 13, 05:42 PM  
Link to this Post

Really useful information, thank you so much
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jan 13, 07:31 PM  
Link to this Post
whiteswan
Imagineer

whiteswan's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Disney GAC now accepted at Epcots Character Spot MeetnGreet to bypass the queue for the characters.

Dave
whiteswan is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jan 13, 07:38 PM  
Link to this Post
BarryandCaron
Imagineer

BarryandCaron's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 15
Originally Posted by whiteswan View Post
Disney GAC now accepted at Epcots Character Spot MeetnGreet to bypass the queue for the characters.

Dave
It always has been accepted
Old 1 Feb 13, 10:29 AM  
Link to this Post
sophie1405
Imagineer

So would i just explain my symptoms to the guest services and maybe take a letter? i no its gonna be hot and sunny in august and this will make me worse so waiting in the shade will help x

Can't stay away <3
sophie1405 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Feb 13, 12:19 PM  
Link to this Post
WickedPlans
Imagineer

WickedPlans's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by sophie1405 View Post
So would i just explain my symptoms to the guest services and maybe take a letter? i no its gonna be hot and sunny in august and this will make me worse so waiting in the shade will help x
Yes, just explain what help you need and they will do what they can. Most of the queues are shaded anyway, so they can be a welcome relief from the sun, but for the ones that are exposed, they will be able to direct you to an alternative entrance.
Easter 2010, Florida Pines Villa - Avoiding Disasters, Lessons in Autism: Trip Report
Easter 2012, Sunset Lakes Villa - No Rest for the Wicked: Trip Report
WickedPlans is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread