Additional Support Needs & DAS Help & advice

Closed Thread

Old 14 Mar 14, 09:05 AM  
Link to this Post
FeFe
VIP Dibber

FeFe's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Slightly different but I didn't know students were eligible for ct reduction and was paying full CT for last 2 years since she left school. Contacted them end of jan and I got £549 refunded there on Monday so almost 2 years discount. I would try them for backdating! Nothing ventured nothing gained! 😄
June 14 New York and Summer Bay
May 17 DIBB villa and Hard Rock
March 18 Hotel Metro New York
October 18 Majorca
June 19 Dibb Villa and Hard Rock
June 2022 dibb villa and Hard Rock
June 2024 Heron Villa again hard rock and poss beach club for couple of nights
FeFe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 14, 02:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Twiggy1953
Apprentice Imagineer

Twiggy1953's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile Result😄😄😄😄

Originally Posted by mazz View Post
i have received the following reductions on my council tax bill and am sharing just in case it helps anyone

carer reduction 25%

mental incapacity reduction 25%

i knew nothing about these 😞reductions being avail to me until someone rang from the council to ask me if i wanted to apply for them

i believe it only kicks in when the person you care for is a adult so 18 years plus

if in doubt if you qualify or want any info pls ring your local council tax and check, it could make a massive difference to your bill
I've just heard that we are getting a substantial refund backdated to 2007. It's taken 2 months, 2 visits and several phone calls, but what a result. Many thanks for posting this thread. I shall now be sharing my knowledge with other parents I know 😀😀😀😀
Twiggy1953 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 14, 06:57 PM  
Link to this Post
jen10
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Dory15 View Post
I am very interested in this my husband works full time I am a carer for my son 8 he is on higher dla would I still get the discount?
Hi, you can't claim the disregard until he is 18, but you could possibly be eligible for a band reduction if you have any adaptations - extra banisters / handrails, use a room as a therapy room, use a wheelchair indoors etc There are quite a few ways to qualify for the band reduction so it is worth checking it out.
jen10 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jul 14, 08:47 PM  
Link to this Post
tomdan
Imagineer

I rang the council today and they are sending forms for carer reduction and mentally impaired, this was after saying I wasnt intitled to it we have two sons with severe learning disabilities my husband isvthe main carer and I also help so it will be interesting to see if we dan get anything after filling in the forms.
tomdan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jul 14, 06:53 PM  
Link to this Post

We have been receiving a reduction in Council Tax for a few years. The legislation states that if you care for a person with a mental impairment for more than 35hrs a week and that person is in receipt of DLA at the higher rate then you qualify. You have to send in proof of the DLA entitlement and they write to you each year for you to advise of any change in circumstances.

Our Council Tax is halved as there are 3 of us in the house (our disabled son included) and my husband and myself are both down as carers as we care for our son for more than 35hrs a week. My husband works full time but this does not matter as he still cares for our son as he needs 24hrs support.

It ought not to be for individual Council's to make the decision whether or not you qualify, if you fit the criteria then you should automatically receive the reduction. If your Council Tax is in joint names i.e. Mr & Mrs then you should both receive a reduction of 25% each, it does not matter how many are living in the house. Only the person named on the Council Tax statement can apply.

Hope this helps.

Disneyman
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Aug 14, 08:24 AM  
Link to this Post
tomdan
Imagineer

Just an update on this, have sent in my forms and now just waiting, also had some info from Mencap and some of the rules changef in April and now if the person is on middle dla they qualifiy.Anyone else heard of this?
tomdan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Aug 14, 08:24 AM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread