Old 25 Sep 13, 09:46 AM  
Link to this Post
mushumadness
VIP Dibber

mushumadness's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 6
ell someone was meant to call back monday no one has
mushumadness is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Sep 13, 04:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Gillymilly
Excited about Disney

Mazz, thank you so much for posting this. My nephew is autistic and the airport, especially security, is always an issue. We're going to Spain in 2 weeks along with my nephew, SIL and BIL. I saw this thread last night, texted the link to my SIL this morning, she called the airport and had arrangements made for a wristband for Lukas, all before 9am! So, again, thank you so much, it'll make the journey so much easier. 2 weeks today - can't wait! X
Gillymilly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Sep 13, 05:23 PM  
Link to this Post
mushumadness
VIP Dibber

mushumadness's Reviews
We or a back last night wristbands and visual aid book being sent for lucas
mushumadness is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Sep 13, 09:22 PM  
Link to this Post
jen10
Excited about Disney

he is on annual leave - I have forwarded this to Ryan who looks after our airport assistance, he is on leave until 26/09 but will contact you on his return.

Kind Regards

Carol Bradley

MAG Customer Contact Centre
T: 0871 477 7747
jen10 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Sep 13, 09:32 AM  
Link to this Post
mushumadness
VIP Dibber

mushumadness's Reviews
hi i received my pack for lucas this morning very quick service the books are lovely and the bands blue and can be taken on and off which is so much easier as lucas would resist wearing it all the time
Old 28 Sep 13, 12:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Dancingducks
Excited about Disney

I had mine too and agree.

Ryan was brilliant on a couple of phone calls earlier this week, so much so I emailed his boss to let him know as good work and assistance deserves a in my humble opinion
Dancingducks is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Sep 13, 03:00 PM  
Link to this Post
maznorm
Very Serious Dibber

So, I have a question. Assuming we stayed at the Radisson Blu at Manchester Airport, would we be able to check in, then go back to our hotel until we needed to go through security, then use the wristband to go through security more calmly?

If we were able to it like that, this may actually make family holidays start on the right note for the first time in years. I can't explain how much the thought of the airport has put us off going on holidays (last holiday was 2011). It would be great if there was finally a way for us to cope.
maznorm is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Sep 13, 12:35 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by maznorm View Post
So, I have a question. Assuming we stayed at the Radisson Blu at Manchester Airport, would we be able to check in, then go back to our hotel until we needed to go through security, then use the wristband to go through security more calmly?

If we were able to it like that, this may actually make family holidays start on the right note for the first time in years. I can't explain how much the thought of the airport has put us off going on holidays (last holiday was 2011). It would be great if there was finally a way for us to cope.
if this would make things more manageable for you then pretty much yes just remember to still allow time to get through security so you don't feel rushed, if it was myself i'd be tempted to do it the other way, you could check in online then stay in the hotel until the last min, bag drop, then proceed through security and then you're not going back and forth?

if you have any queries or concerns you can call Ryan at Manchester customer services (number is in the booklet) he helped set this up, went through the trial process with his own child a number of times and is more than happy to help and i might add to talk Disney
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Sep 13, 03:14 PM  
Link to this Post

Thank you for this information. The airport is always a stressful time for us all. My son is 15 and doesn't cope well with waiting in queues, listening to babies crying etc upsets him and he shouts and swears... his behaviour also causes people to stir at us which in turn makes for an uncomfortable situation. I'll contact Manchester tomorrow. Thanks again x
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Oct 13, 10:16 AM  
Link to this Post
clynch5
slightly serious Dibber

this is fab idea