Link to this Post
pudge
Imagineer

pudge's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 5
Originally Posted by BarryandCaron View Post
Why? Surely it's the same parks and there will be help for those that need it, just not in the same way.

Exactly It certainly wasn't fair on those waiting in the regular lines when so many people were using GACs when they didn't need to.

I agree Caron, we only applied for the GAC for the first time last October and we have been previously in April/June/July and we have "just about" managed to wait with ross, however last October was a particularly bad time for us and Ross was having quite a few meltdowns, we tend to use the fastpass more, however we got a GAC card and only used it at Buzz and Tomorrowland Speedway as everything else was only around a 10 minute wait and Ross can just about cope with that
[/B][COLOR="Magenta"]2006 Crescent Lakes/New Port Richey, 2008 Highlands Reserve, 2010 Cumbrian Lakes (freebie) & Rolling Hills, 2012 Highlands Reserve, 2014 Bridgewater Crossing, 2015 Rolling Hills/HRH, 2016 Dibb villa Highlands Reserve/HRH & Vegas, 2017 Rolling Hills, Xmas 2018 Rolling Hills & RPR, 2019 Highlands Reserve, 2020 Highlands Reserve canx 2021 Emerald isle fingers crossed
pudge is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 13, 07:10 PM  
Link to this Post

It's obvious though there is going to be difference of opinion. Some people are going to cope with the changes and not find it causes too much distress, however for some the parks can't be done with this new system and sadly for those WDW will no longer be an option for a holiday for them
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 13, 07:16 PM  
Link to this Post
BarryandCaron
Imagineer

BarryandCaron's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 15
Originally Posted by mcplod View Post
It's obvious though there is going to be difference of opinion. Some people are going to cope with the changes and not find it causes too much distress, however for some the parks can't be done with this new system and sadly for those WDW will no longer be an option for a holiday for them
How do you know unless you have tried it? The new system hasn't even been brought out yet, I will reserve judgement until we actually try it but as I've said before; I'm looking forward to using the FP+ as that will be better than regular FP for us.
Old 23 Sep 13, 07:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Saratoska
VIP Dibber

Saratoska's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Well after the meltdowns we had with August crowds this year we decided we needed a break next year and try something more chilled with the caravan, and that was with the benefit of a GAC. Without it I'm not sure if I would go again, it's a lot of money to spend for what could become a nightmare. It could only happen to me just after I've bought DVC! Typical

Luckily the points seem to rent easy enough
we bought at SSR in 2005 and we go now and chill more, dont do the parks as much and that is not just because of ds.
there is loads to do and explore other than disney just make your home resort your base and if you feel like heading to a park one day you can.

we use the fast pass system at Universal, we buy the premair annual pass which gives fotl after 4pm, we find this works for us. ds cannot cope with the head so we go for a late lunch early dinner the head in to universal and spend couple of hours,

Edited at 07:22 PM.
Saratoska is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 13, 07:18 PM  
Link to this Post
BarryandCaron
Imagineer

BarryandCaron's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by pudge View Post
[/B]

I agree Caron, we only applied for the GAC for the first time last October and we have been previously in April/June/July and we have "just about" managed to wait with ross, however last October was a particularly bad time for us and Ross was having quite a few meltdowns, we tend to use the fastpass more, however we got a GAC card and only used it at Buzz and Tomorrowland Speedway as everything else was only around a 10 minute wait and Ross can just about cope with that
Josh has learnt to wait as well, his iPod and earphones have helped enormously
Old 23 Sep 13, 07:18 PM  
Link to this Post

How do u know the new system don't work better until uve done it
Old 23 Sep 13, 07:19 PM  
Link to this Post
pudge
Imagineer

pudge's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 5
Originally Posted by BarryandCaron View Post
How do you know unless you have tried it? The new system hasn't even been brought out yet, I will reserve judgement until we actually try it but as I've said before; I'm looking forward to using the FP+ as that will be better than regular FP for us.
Can you let me know how you get on with it Caron, we are heading back end of June next year and only ever do around 3-4 hrs in the park, much the same as yourselves, we try to get there early so that Ross has a chance of getting on his favourite rides, then it's always chill time in the villa pool for him
[/B][COLOR="Magenta"]2006 Crescent Lakes/New Port Richey, 2008 Highlands Reserve, 2010 Cumbrian Lakes (freebie) & Rolling Hills, 2012 Highlands Reserve, 2014 Bridgewater Crossing, 2015 Rolling Hills/HRH, 2016 Dibb villa Highlands Reserve/HRH & Vegas, 2017 Rolling Hills, Xmas 2018 Rolling Hills & RPR, 2019 Highlands Reserve, 2020 Highlands Reserve canx 2021 Emerald isle fingers crossed
pudge is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 13, 07:22 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by charlieangels View Post
How do u know the new system don't work better until uve done it
Well I don't and I probably will try it once, I have to because we've invested in DVC now. On paper though I know how my ds is and it just rings massive alarm bells for us. It's a lot of money to chance it. As our ds is getting older/ hormones etc.. He seems to be getting worse and this year was very difficult. We'll have to pick the quietest time which will mean schools won't be happy either.
Old 23 Sep 13, 07:23 PM  
Link to this Post
BarryandCaron
Imagineer

BarryandCaron's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by pudge View Post
Can you let me know how you get on with it Caron, we are heading back end of June next year and only ever do around 3-4 hrs in the park, much the same as yourselves, we try to get there early so that Ross has a chance of getting on his favourite rides, then it's always chill time in the villa pool for him
Yes Paula, of course I will we are heading back in May so will be able to let you know. We try to get there early as well xx
Old 23 Sep 13, 07:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Bootrip2
VIP Dibber

I think the thought of change scares people. I am sure disney are not going to lose any sleep about all this. I too plan to go in feb as before changes were annouced. We will try to give DD best experience possible and go at her pace. We will have waiting strategies in place, luckily she is more mobile than last time.