Notices
Additional Support Needs & DAS Help & advice

Closed Thread

Old 10 Oct 13, 04:23 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by TinkTatoo View Post
Edited to add, this new system is
obviously going to change how many previous genuine GAC users tackle the parks and they're going to have to adjust how they visit. It will take some getting used to but if ultimately it stops the abusers in their tracks then I'm all for a bit of inconvenience.
Couldn't Agee More

Something had to be done.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Oct 13, 05:02 PM  
Link to this Post
mushumadness
VIP Dibber

mushumadness's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 6
im not looking forward to disney at all right now,
is there any help for kids that dont understand the wait etc, all i can see is meltdown after meltdown and leaving even earlier than normal
mushumadness is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Oct 13, 05:35 PM  
Link to this Post
JoS
Imagineer

Thank you for posting. I do hope it gets better for you. With regard to the card holder using the ride. If there are only 2 guests and the card holder can't, not doesn't want to ride, what do they do for say 70-80 minutes while the other person stands in line? Some people can not be left for that length of time on their own. I discussed this with guest services and was told it was acceptable for the gac holder to wait in an area and not ride at all ie on Terror Towers to go through the line... the other person rides, but the gac holder just goes back in the lift and meets the other person getting off the elevator. Was this incorrect?
JoS is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Oct 13, 05:48 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by JoS View Post
Thank you for posting. I do hope it gets better for you. With regard to the card holder using the ride. If there are only 2 guests and the card holder can't, not doesn't want to ride, what do they do for say 70-80 minutes while the other person stands in line? Some people can not be left for that length of time on their own. I discussed this with guest services and was told it was acceptable for the gac holder to wait in an area and not ride at all ie on Terror Towers to go through the line... the other person rides, but the gac holder just goes back in the lift and meets the other person getting off the elevator. Was this incorrect?
Afraid not.
I know what you mean but the system is put in place to help people access the rides.
They would expect the guest wanting to ride to use a fastpass.

We have a disabled son, so on lots of rides that he cant do or doesn't want to do. we have to decide who gets to go on the ride and then we all wait together. weve asked if they do a system like baby swap for people who have someone disabled with them and unable to ride but they've said no. So we take it in turns to do rides or just skip them, its unfair to make our son sit and wait for both of us to queue.
Old 10 Oct 13, 05:57 PM  
Link to this Post
JoS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by NickyMouse View Post
Afraid not.
I know what you mean but the system is put in place to help people access the rides.
They would expect the guest wanting to ride to use a fastpass.

We have a disabled son, so on lots of rides that he cant do or doesn't want to do. we have to decide who gets to go on the ride and then we all wait together. weve asked if they do a system like baby swap for people who have someone disabled with them and unable to ride but they've said no. So we take it in turns to do rides or just skip them, its unfair to make our son sit and wait for both of us to queue.
Thank you for your reply Will have to re think our Disney experience. I'm really worried now, in fact think we may have to give Disney a miss. I don't mind waiting at all... its waiting on my own with no one to help me. The few minutes on the ride its ok but for a fastpass line then ride and to get back to where I am! Thank you anyway at least I can now decide whether to go or not.
JoS is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Oct 13, 06:02 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by JoS View Post
Single rider lines are never going to be 70-80 mins, but in our case with rides our ds couldn't do then if anyone else wanted to do them it was FP priority on entering the park. So at DHS, dh would race off for a FP for ToT, grab a quick fix on it as well if it was walk on or 10 mins, and then he'd make his way down to Great Movie Ride and meet us there. By the time the Great Movie Ride is finished he'd have been on ToT or RNR and have a FP for RnR/ToT for later etc...
Old 10 Oct 13, 06:09 PM  
Link to this Post
JoS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mcplod View Post
Single rider lines are never going to be 70-80 mins, but in our case with rides our ds couldn't do then if anyone else wanted to do them it was FP priority on entering the park. So at DHS, dh would race off for a FP for ToT, grab a quick fix on it as well if it was walk on or 10 mins, and then he'd make his way down to Great Movie Ride and meet us there. By the time the Great Movie Ride is finished he'd have been on ToT or RNR and have a FP for RnR/ToT for later etc...
I didn't realise all rides had single rider lines. Is that the case? My hubby couldn't race off to get fast passes as he would have to take me with him, so that would not be an option. Thanks anyway.
Old 10 Oct 13, 06:34 PM  
Link to this Post
hsl500
Imagineer

Thanks would I need to get 5 cards? We normally just get one and all use it ,
Thanks

Believe in yourself and you wont go far wrong
hsl500 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Oct 13, 06:46 PM  
Link to this Post
BarryandCaron
Imagineer

BarryandCaron's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 15
Originally Posted by hsl500 View Post
Thanks would I need to get 5 cards? We normally just get one and all use it ,
Thanks
I wouldn't think Disney would give 5 cards out for one family, you would have to ask when you get there what they suggest.
Old 10 Oct 13, 07:00 PM  
Link to this Post
TinkTatoo
Imagineer

TinkTatoo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 9
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by mushumadness View Post
im not looking forward to disney at all right now,
is there any help for kids that dont understand the wait etc, all i can see is meltdown after meltdown and leaving even earlier than normal
We had this for years, even with the GAC. Our strategy was to tackle the parks an area at a time, so if we were going to MK we picked say Tomorrowland and just did the rides there before leaving for the day. That would work with the new system if you can fastpass + 3 rides and use a DAC for the 4th.

I know it's probably not what you're used to but I'm sure as a parent of a special needs child you're always having to make sacrifices and change things around just to fit in with your DS or DD.

Originally Posted by BarryandCaron View Post
I wouldn't think Disney would give 5 cards out for one family, you would have to ask when you get there what they suggest.
I would be surprised if they did as this wouldn't fit in with the ethos of the new cards.

As I said before, with the new system, a lot of people are going to have to change the way they visit the parks which is a shame for those that genuinely need the help

TinkTatoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread