Old 23 Jan 14, 02:12 PM  
Link to this Post
whiteswan
Imagineer

whiteswan's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
My DAS experience this week.

Ok

Went Magic Kingdom on Wednesday and to be honest it was a nightmare.

It was easy enough to get the card - but so many cast members who are on the rides did not seem to know what to do with it.

On Buzz Lightyear the wait time display was broken - so the cast members had no idea what to write on the card as a return time - after 10 mins of discussion - they sent us straight in !

Going to see Talking Mickey in town Hall - wait time was 10 mins - got a 25 minute return time ?

Speedway racing cars - 30 minute wait time - 1hr return time ?

We gave up and came home - we only did 4 rides - the park was very busy and it was just too frustrating - I did politely try and explain to the cast members that I thought return times should be 15 mins less than standby times - but just got blank stares.

God knows what its like in Summer.

Luckily we have 3 weeks left so should get to see what we want to - albeit in short bursts - which means more parking fees than we allowed for...

There were Fastpass Plus machines to try and prebook these - but the queues for these were horrendous - perhaps they should have fast passes for the fastpass machines ?

We are off site guests - this will probably be our last visit to Disney - unless we can afford to stay onsite in the future.

Dave
whiteswan is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jan 14, 02:20 PM  
Link to this Post
wotever
Very Serious Dibber

Unfortunately Disney did not put a lot of training into the Das card with cast members instead of just rushing it out, and 3months later they are still not much better with the training of cast members. We are frustrated with them on a weekly basis at how uncaring and nonchalant a lot of cast members are when dealing with it.
Old 23 Jan 14, 02:43 PM  
Link to this Post
BarryandCaron
Imagineer

BarryandCaron's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 15
Originally Posted by whiteswan View Post
Ok

Went Magic Kingdom on Wednesday and to be honest it was a nightmare.

It was easy enough to get the card - but so many cast members who are on the rides did not seem to know what to do with it.

On Buzz Lightyear the wait time display was broken - so the cast members had no idea what to write on the card as a return time - after 10 mins of discussion - they sent us straight in !

Going to see Talking Mickey in town Hall - wait time was 10 mins - got a 25 minute return time ?

Speedway racing cars - 30 minute wait time - 1hr return time ?

We gave up and came home - we only did 4 rides - the park was very busy and it was just too frustrating - I did politely try and explain to the cast members that I thought return times should be 15 mins less than standby times - but just got blank stares.

God knows what its like in Summer.

Luckily we have 3 weeks left so should get to see what we want to - albeit in short bursts - which means more parking fees than we allowed for...

There were Fastpass Plus machines to try and prebook these - but the queues for these were horrendous - perhaps they should have fast passes for the fastpass machines ?

We are off site guests - this will probably be our last visit to Disney - unless we can afford to stay onsite in the future.

Dave

Why did you not go in the stand by line if it was only 10 mins?

The return time is the stand-by time less 10 mins. If you had problems with the times and CMs you should have called into City Hall to inform them on your way out. Disney won't understand there are any problems if guests don't inform them. Guest feedback is vital for this new system to work.
Old 23 Jan 14, 05:35 PM  
Link to this Post
whiteswan
Imagineer

whiteswan's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by BarryandCaron View Post
Why did you not go in the stand by line if it was only 10 mins?

The return time is the stand-by time less 10 mins. If you had problems with the times and CMs you should have called into City Hall to inform them on your way out. Disney won't understand there are any problems if guests don't inform them. Guest feedback is vital for this new system to work.
Because I thought if wait time was only 10 mins in standby - then the DAC would allow us immediate access through fastpass. Is that not correct ?

I have sent an email as I did want to waste any more time stood in the lengthy queues at guest services.

Thank you.

Dave
whiteswan is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jan 14, 05:39 PM  
Link to this Post
BarryandCaron
Imagineer

BarryandCaron's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Because I thought if wait time was only 10 mins in standby - then the DAC would allow us immediate access through fastpass. Is that not correct ?

I have sent an email as I did want to waste any more time stood in the lengthy queues at guest services.

Thank you.

Dave
No, the Disney DAS does not allow immediate access. You could be waiting longer than 10 minutes in the FP return line
Old 23 Jan 14, 05:45 PM  
Link to this Post
dismadbrit
Imagineer

dismadbrit's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7
Restaurant Reviews: 13
Because I thought if wait time was only 10 mins in standby - then the DAC would allow us immediate access through fastpass. Is that not correct ?I have sent an email as I did want to waste any more time stood in the lengthy queues at guest services.

Thank you.

Dave
Isn't this where all the confusion started many moons ago?
Old 23 Jan 14, 08:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Heather1957
Imagineer

Thank you.

Dave
The DAC is NOT a fastpass per say it is to avoid some people having to wait in line so when they return they can access the ride.

It is NOT there so those with a DAC can go straight on rides.

Well that is my understanding.
Old 23 Jan 14, 08:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Cloverlady
Imagineer

Originally Posted by dismadbrit View Post
Isn't this where all the confusion started many moons ago?
indeed
Cloverlady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jan 14, 09:02 PM  
Link to this Post
petetina
Imagineer

OMG this is going to be a nightmare this june/july---its reallt stressing me out now
2009 sandy ridge
2013 watersong resort
2014 Deep Creek ct Clermont
2017 Thomson allocated on arrival
petetina is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jan 14, 09:13 PM  
Link to this Post
BarryandCaron
Imagineer

BarryandCaron's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by petetina View Post
OMG this is going to be a nightmare this june/july---its reallt stressing me out now
Can I ask why you are stressing about it? From what I can work out, it takes more planning than the GAC but is doable.