Additional Support Needs & DAS Help & advice

Closed Thread

Old 24 Jan 14, 01:15 AM  
Link to this Post
whiteswan
Imagineer

whiteswan's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
I did NOT mean immediate access to the ride - but immediate entry to the Fastpass Queue - is that not correct.

It mustn't be because in Animal Kingdom today the gentleman at the Fastpass entry REFUSED to even write a return time on my card and told me to use the normal line - wait time was 25 minutes... ?

Obviously I have completely the wrong idea about this...

I thought if wait time was 25 minutes - I would get a return time of 10 minutes to enter the Fastpass queue - so if that's not the case... what is correct ?

Dave
whiteswan is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jan 14, 01:32 AM  
Link to this Post
wotever
Very Serious Dibber

Here is how it is supposed to work... if the posted wait time is 10mins or less you can enter straight into the fast pass line.
10 minutes or above they should give you a return time, that return time is the current wait time minus ten minutes, and when you return you should return to the fast pass entrance.
Not all cast members are trained on this, today when I went to a cast member at soarin for a return time he told me he could not give me a return time on a das card because fastpasses were still available, this was also untrue and when I corrected him he told me he had only worked there three days and not really had any training on das cards because Disney were putting their main focus on fastpass+ right now.
hope this helps you how it is supposed to work.
Old 24 Jan 14, 04:46 AM  
Link to this Post
LOU LOU DISNEY
VIP Dibber

Hi
We are here too at the min & using the DAS card & have found it ok to use. We're also using FP too so it's working well we have found most rides to be a walk on we were in MK yday too & buzz was only a 10 min wait at 5pm as was BTM I thought last weekend was busy cos of MLK day but all n all my son has coped well with the DAS card & we've also met nearly every character there is at Disney as queues are minimal.
LOU LOU DISNEY is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jan 14, 08:38 AM  
Link to this Post
Edna Cloud
Apprentice Imagineer

I think the main problem seems to be the inconsistency with the DAS. Your experience depends on which CM you meet at an attraction.

EC
Edna Cloud is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jan 14, 09:08 AM  
Link to this Post
BarryandCaron
Imagineer

BarryandCaron's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 15
There is a sticky at the top of this Forum about the DAS and how it works.

It seems you are having trouble with it so a visit to Guest Services could help sort your difficulties out.
Old 24 Jan 14, 09:39 AM  
Link to this Post
WickedPlans
Imagineer

WickedPlans's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
If the standby time was 10 minutes, I wouldn't have even got the DAS card out, I'd have just joined the line. Everyone can wait for 10 minutes. If the line isn't accessible, they would redirect you anyway.

It's a shame there is inconsistency in the way it is applied by CMs. Take your card to Guest Services and show them. It will show where the rules have been applied incorrectly and you have been made to wait longer than the standby time. I am sure that GS will sort you out with a few FPs. Enjoy the rest of your holiday
Easter 2010, Florida Pines Villa - Avoiding Disasters, Lessons in Autism: Trip Report
Easter 2012, Sunset Lakes Villa - No Rest for the Wicked: Trip Report
WickedPlans is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jan 14, 09:18 PM  
Link to this Post
mossyflossy
Imagineer

mossyflossy's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by whiteswan View Post
I thought if wait time was 25 minutes - I would get a return time of 10 minutes to enter the Fastpass queue - so if that's not the case... what is correct ?

Dave
No, that's not correct. It should have been a return time of 15 mins ie. 25-10.

On your other point about car parking charges if you need to go multiple times over the 21 days then you could consider buying one annual pass?

Try and book your fastpasses when you are back where you're staying and use them in conjunction with your das.

Hope things improve for you all
mossyflossy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jan 14, 09:38 PM  
Link to this Post
scottiedogz
Very Serious Dibber

Go to guest services, ask to speak to a manager, explain your problems. They will help you, they will compensate you for any real inconvenience. Explain yourself clearly, demonstrate how your disability doesn't allow for long queuing and they will do everything they can to help you. If you also mention CMs that have been less than understanding they will also give them extra training.
Enjoy your holiday.

Miami - June 19, Orlando/Miami Oct 18, Washington DC Dec 17, DLP - Aug 17, Florida road trip - April 17, NY & QM2 Oct 16, Orlando - Nov 15 - Oct 14 - Nov 13 - Med Cruise (yuk - missed Florida) May 12, Washington DC Dec 12, Orlando - April 10, DLP - Dec 10, Orlando & wedding - Nov 08, DLP - Aug 07
scottiedogz is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jan 14, 10:57 PM  
Link to this Post
married2mm
Imagineer

married2mm's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by wotever View Post
Here is how it is supposed to work... if the posted wait time is 10mins or less you can enter straight into the fast pass line.
10 minutes or above they should give you a return time, that return time is the current wait time minus ten minutes, and when you return you should return to the fast pass entrance.
Not all cast members are trained on this, today when I went to a cast member at soarin for a return time he told me he could not give me a return time on a das card because fastpasses were still available, this was also untrue and when I corrected him he told me he had only worked there three days and not really had any training on das cards because Disney were putting their main focus on fastpass+ right now.
hope this helps you how it is supposed to work.
This is very interesting.
I've not read this previously.

Is there a definitive official guide,I could print out in case of confusion during our trip?
married2mm is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jan 14, 10:31 AM  
Link to this Post
petetina
Imagineer

Originally Posted by BarryandCaron View Post
Can I ask why you are stressing about it? From what I can work out, it takes more planning than the GAC but is doable.
its just down to my needs--being only able to walk a few steps and being on a mobility scooter all the time as opposed to a wheelchair,as I will not have my family push me around(its not fair to them) other visits to the parks have always been fine but we have had to use the exit to get on the ride---after paying over £1800 for tickets it is just worrying that the new system will stop me doing the rides
Sorry if it sounds unreasonable but I do enjoy the rides and I look forward to them
2009 sandy ridge
2013 watersong resort
2014 Deep Creek ct Clermont
2017 Thomson allocated on arrival
petetina is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread