Additional Support Needs & DAS Help & advice

Closed Thread

Old 9 Apr 15, 02:10 PM  
Link to this Post
sophie1405
Imagineer

Question Pip

Hey

Just got my PIP form back from my interview and they have turned me down for everything, i have been getting high rate care and low rate mobility since i was 15 when i first got epilepsy.

the point scoring has been done based on my day to day activities and not once i have had a fit, when my fits happen i am totally unable to do anything for a number of days and my mum has to do everything, which can be really embarassing for a girl of 23!

my mum is sending in an appeal today as she finds this wrong?

Anyone else had any replies from them?

Can't stay away <3
sophie1405 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Apr 15, 12:14 PM  
Link to this Post

Hi Sophie. Unfortunately the criteria for PIP is very different than DLA. PIP is wholly based on how your daily activities effect you. You have 1 month from the date of your letter to ask for a mandatory reconsideration. I am in receipt of PIP and it is really down to explaining how each descriptor effects you on a daily basis. Sadly a lot of people currently claiming DLA are now no longer able to claim PIP as it is assessed differently. If I can be of any help, please feel free to PM me.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Apr 15, 11:10 AM  
Link to this Post
sophie1405
Imagineer

Yes I understand we have sent off a reconsideration thing yesterday, my daily needs have worsened the past year in which we told the assessment team at the appointment but when we recieved the form back stating what was said it was all written before pre epileptic fits not after I've had my fits after fits I'm unable to do anything these fits happen frequently. 😔

Hopefully they reassess I use the money to pay for services and trips to hospital etc

Can't stay away <3
sophie1405 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Apr 15, 11:43 PM  
Link to this Post
MargaretMouse
VIP Dibber

I'm epileptic on DLA at the moment, it seems very unfair to me your descion. I hope your appeal goes threw ok. When it time for me to fill in the pip form im dreading it.
Old 18 Apr 15, 08:35 PM  
Link to this Post
sophie1405
Imagineer

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by MargaretMouse View Post
I'm epileptic on DLA at the moment, it seems very unfair to me your descion. I hope your appeal goes threw ok. When it time for me to fill in the pip form im dreading it.
Thank you we got in touch with epilepsy action and found a letter to send to them about claiming benefits about epilepsy and the 20/20 catch of you can be ok and healthy one mintue next and then fitting and unable to move and motivate urself for up to 3 days!

I find that people don't rele understand what epilepsy is and then make judgements on it. When I went for my interview the woman who was ment to be the nurse said to me u have epilepsy rig I said yes, she says it says u have nocturnal epilepsy? What is that? Now seriously? Ur ment to be a nurse! She told me she doesn't no much about epilepsy and has been a nurse for 20 years!

Hopefully they get back to me with a better decision! Hope urs is smoother than mine

Can't stay away <3
Old 28 Apr 15, 02:39 PM  
Link to this Post
sophie1405
Imagineer

Just had my reconsideration back from PIP, still i am going to recieve nothing!

They are telling me that i can cook on my own through a microwave! i dont have a microwave. We are now taking it to Appeal at court.

It just fustrates me that people fake the system and then people who are ill like me dont get any help. They also put in the mobility section i am able to drive. For the past 7 years i have been told i am unable to drive as i have day and night fits and now PIP are saying i can!

its just frustrating! x

Can't stay away <3
Old 28 Apr 15, 02:47 PM  
Link to this Post
BONDY LAD
Imagineer

Originally Posted by sophie1405 View Post
Just had my reconsideration back from PIP, still i am going to recieve nothing!

They are telling me that i can cook on my own through a microwave! i dont have a microwave. We are now taking it to Appeal at court.

It just fustrates me that people fake the system and then people who are ill like me dont get any help. They also put in the mobility section i am able to drive. For the past 7 years i have been told i am unable to drive as i have day and night fits and now PIP are saying i can!

its just frustrating! x
this is so sad,believe me when i say the sole purpose of pip is to fleece genuine claimants currently on dla, its purely a cost cutting exercise nothing else ,ok,before the goodies start,there is alot of people on this that should not be,but quite clearly the op is in need especially if deemed high rate personal care in the first place,so my advice take it all the way,try to contact if there is one a welfare rights officer locally to you,both in stockport and manchester we have them and some are dedidicated to the cause re dla/pip/aa,these folk can really advise you and if you need to go to tribunal or the like they will actually present your case, i wish you all the best in this,no way should they be telling you to cook in a microwave either,its not their business,as usual i guess the people making the decisions are clueless and have no clue about your needs each and every day, dont give up, bondy.
BONDY LAD is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Apr 15, 02:54 PM  
Link to this Post
sophie1405
Imagineer

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by BONDY LAD View Post
this is so sad,believe me when i say the sole purpose of pip is to fleece genuine claimants currently on dla, its purely a cost cutting exercise nothing else ,ok,before the goodies start,there is alot of people on this that should not be,but quite clearly the op is in need especially if deemed high rate personal care in the first place,so my advice take it all the way,try to contact if there is one a welfare rights officer locally to you,both in stockport and manchester we have them and some are dedidicated to the cause re dla/pip/aa,these folk can really advise you and if you need to go to tribunal or the like they will actually present your case, i wish you all the best in this,no way should they be telling you to cook in a microwave either,its not their business,as usual i guess the people making the decisions are clueless and have no clue about your needs each and every day, dont give up, bondy.
Thank you Bondy that is really helpful.

they gave me 2 points and said you cant cook a simple meal using a conventional cooker but you can do so using a microwave? now seriously how do they do they live in my house?

I am going to get in touch with welfare rights now i will let you no how i get on! its so frustrating. It frustrates me that in the letter that they have sent with the reconsideration it states that the nurse we spoke to says i look like a normal healthy woman! THE NURSE NEVER EVEN KNEW WHAT EPILEPSY IS!

we are defiently going to appeal, forms are being filled in now and will be sent tommorrow. I use that money to get support for myself to live a fuller life not like i am using it to go out and buy new things with. I have been told it can take up to 6 months for an appeal. Hopefully this wont be the case as i will be without money then for 8 months. x

Can't stay away <3
Old 28 Apr 15, 03:04 PM  
Link to this Post
BONDY LAD
Imagineer

sophie,it really makes my blood boil,over the years i filled in 1000s of dla claims along with input from a wonderfull guy (welfare rights officer),he introduced me to all the ways in which NOT to write certain words,not lie,but dont use them in your claim ,also the way in which they are interpreted is open to interpretation,you should not have to explain yourself,surely they have enough info from your gp and other professionals to have just awarded you pip,so basically now,you have a fit,wake up and are able to take take your medication correctly? you are not confused at this time? you can have a really good conversation at this time? and even god forbid cook yourself something in the microwave at this time? , someone is having a laugh here,mainly that nurse by the sound of it, please keep me updated, bondy
BONDY LAD is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Apr 15, 03:10 PM  
Link to this Post
sophie1405
Imagineer

Originally Posted by BONDY LAD View Post
sophie,it really makes my blood boil,over the years i filled in 1000s of dla claims along with input from a wonderfull guy (welfare rights officer),he introduced me to all the ways in which NOT to write certain words,not lie,but dont use them in your claim ,also the way in which they are interpreted is open to interpretation,you should not have to explain yourself,surely they have enough info from your gp and other professionals to have just awarded you pip,so basically now,you have a fit,wake up and are able to take take your medication correctly? you are not confused at this time? you can have a really good conversation at this time? and even god forbid cook yourself something in the microwave at this time? , someone is having a laugh here,mainly that nurse by the sound of it, please keep me updated, bondy
I will definetly, it just makes me laugh at some of the things they said, like in your consultation which by the way was january! you had a fit two weeks before that is plenty of time to be walking around getting yourself better! dude January was 4 months off! Ive had like 15/20 fits since then! they really do annoy me hopefully at appeal when i enter and show them the pictures of my injureies and my how i have to have 24/7 care for upto 3 days after a fit they dont see that as being disabled enough! when someone who fakes a bad back to extra money and get off working now that annoys me. sorry for going on. Just printed my appeal. Sending it now tommorrow x

Can't stay away <3
Closed Thread