wizzo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 1
Arrow Perfect Ten 2015 - Day 23 ***THE END***

Day Twenty Three (and four) - 27th (and 28th) August 2015

THE INDEX IS HERE!

The 6:30am alarm rings and it’s home time Just writing this gives me that same feeling in the pit of my stomach that you get on that last day in Florida. I’ve said it in trip report before that in years gone by when we all went to the Costa’s (not the coffee shop!) by the time two weeks was up, you were ready to go home. I’ve never felt that in Florida and doubt I ever will. I do think I would yearn for Blighty if I moved here though.

Bodies were washed (even Maddy’s), cases were sat upon, relations were strained but eventually, after putting a mountain of trash and recycling out…….we were ready to leave.

I took one last photo from the drive and at 8:20am we locked up for the last time.

We were at MCO with loads of time to spare and soon checking in.

George and Marie were lucky enough to get CSA Pre-Checked boarding passes all the way home (we didn’t) so they would be using every express lane at both US airports!

We headed straight through security and my notes reveal that I spotted a woman (and I quote) “With the biggest knockers ever wearing a black mohair jumper”. If you remember Eurotrash from the 90s, she put Lolo Ferrari to shame. I couldn’t tell you how old she was, I didn’t catch her face

We all got a breakfast of sorts all based around coffee, juice and pastries. I showed Lynn up in the Cuban coffee shop by salsa dancing to the music playing. My two left feet left her suitably embarrassed (You’re welcome Lynn).

Maddy splashed out some of her remaining dollars on a pair of Cinderella headphones.

And Lauren clutched tightly to her new Dooney & Burke bag (Hopefully spelled that right) all the way home.

Our flight was scheduled to leave for JFK at 11:20am and we were soon boarding. The flight was full due to a number cancelled flight the previous evening because of thunderstorms. This meant they were looking for volunteers to go on a later flight in return for a couple of hundred dollars’ worth of vouchers. We had enough time to go later but unfortunately they only wanted two volunteers.

We took off 10 minutes late, which made no difference at all for us. We had a 5 hour layover (which isn’t a big deal in JFK, we’ve done it before).

I splashed out £6 for Wi-Fi on the plane and annoyed everyone by tweeting location tweets and photos from the plane and chatting on Whatsapp.

At one point, I noticed that our STEWARDESS was called ‘Jason’. She didn’t look like a tranny so I said to her “You don’t look much like a Jason!” she barely broke a grimace! I presumed I was about the 50th person to say that to her so far today, especially as the plane was rammed full of Brits connecting home. She was soooooooooo miserable! It’s not my fault your folks gave you a ridiculous name pet!

Maddy watched Tomorrowland, Lynn did Suduko, I annoyed my followers and Lauren played games. No idea what George and Marie did, they were two rows in front.

At one point Maddy said “Can I have my bag Dad?” I laughed and she said “It’s a place isn’t it?”, “Yes I said, I bet they crack that joke all the time in Baghdad!”

To which Maddy replied “Yeah, but they’d say it in Baghdaddian”

We were soon passing Atlantic City and making the run into the Jersey Shore before touching down in New York.

A quick monorail ride over to T7 and we were tucking into lunch from Wolfgang Puck Express!

I like Terminal 7 (BA’s terminal) but there is a real shortage of seating when you want to eat! That is my only gripe, we find it easy to kill a few hours here.

After lunch we all go and sit in the comfortable seats near the gates and chill out for a bit.

It doesn’t last long and we have to all get up and move because a bloke somewhere nearby is sniffing every 10 seconds and it’s getting on Lynn’s wick!

We find another set of snot free seats and settle in for a bit. We make various trips to the duty free and get the kids sweets and stuff for the plane. Not long before we were due to leave, there’s a tannoy announcement for a Mr Long Wang…………………………Lynn and I instantly wet ourselves laughing. Doubly so when they then call for his wife, Blu Wang!

We are so childish, it’s embarrassing.

We kill the last hour in the bar.

I try and get a nice photo of Lynn and her drink but she's itching to start!

Wait for it Lynn I want to take another yet!

The time passed really quickly (helped by a couple of drinks) and we were soon boarding again. I was sat with Lauren this time and she had a boat load of sweets!

And then it was time for wheels up! Goodbye America……until next time.

We were right at the back of the Jumbo again in 53 H&J (pairs of seats for all of us). It was quiet all the way home too with very little ‘bog traffic’

The only snag was that the inflight entertainment system on my screen and Lauren’s was playing up and the sound was crackly. The stewardess said she’d reboot it for us. It took a few minutes and was no better.

I suggested she “Moved us up to Business to compensate” to my surprise she said “I would have but it’s full. This first flight (of many to Heathrow) is always full, next year book a later one and you will have a lot better chance of getting bumped up the plane!”

We’ll be spending another couple of hours JFK next time on the off chance!

Dinner arrived and it was typical airline fair. The only decent thing was the chocolate dessert!

While the stewardess couldn’t upgrade us to lie down beds, she did give me two bottles of wine with dinner and then kept bringing me Bacardi and Cokes every time my glass was empty. At one point she said to me “I’m not trying to get you drunk” I replied “I’m not bothered if you are or you aren’t….just keep the drinks coming”

Absolutely first class service. She was called Nina. If you’re reading this BA, she’s a diamond! <Hick>

The IFE wasn’t as bad as first thought either, if you watched a movie it was fine so Lauren and I watched Avengers – Age of Ultron simultaneously by counting down and pressing play at the same time. We both really enjoyed it

We got a bit of sleep and just before 6am we were doing a lap of Heathrow as we couldn’t land before the 6am curfew.

Once on the ground, security was a real pain in the backside but we eventually got through and into Starbucks! The adults were gasping for a decent coffee!

The kids bought more sweets for the 50 minute flight home!

9am rolled around and we were called to board our last flight of the trip home which would take us to Newcastle. We took off a bit late at 10:25am.

This flight only takes 50 minutes and is over in a flash. No hold ups at all at Newcastle and before long, we’ve said out goodbyes to Grandparents and are heading out of the car park.

By 12:30pm we were in Tesco getting some essentials and it was all over and we were home.

I managed to ‘accidentally’ bring an air plant home with me too!

I love these things on the trees in Florida and as I had feared, it was dead once winter struck!

So there we are, another trip report finished. I know it’s taken an age to get finished and thanks for sticking with it! You deserve a medal.

Our 10th trip was another classic, but was also a grand affair again. Lynn and I agreed that next time we would go back to basics we think. We felt that on this trip we didn’t get the most out of the villa. We seemed to spend very little time there and splashing about in the privacy of our own pool was the best part of the holiday. So next time we’re going to put that right. I don’t think we’ll stay on-site at all but we’ll see. You all know how these holidays start off simple and get added to and added to!

Finally, thank you all so much for reading this, especially if you replied. It’s the replies that make it worthwhile. Even if I don’t get chance to reply to everyone, I’ve read them all at some point (often on my phone) and they are ALWAYS greatly appreciated

Until next time! (Christ! Have I got to do this again! )

This is Wizzo…….signing off!

See ya real soon.

2023 Trip Report - COMPLETE HERE

My old trip reports are all HERE

wizzo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 May 16, 11:49 AM  
Link to this Post
Redrach1903
Disney Dreaming :)

Redrach1903's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Aww man, I'm kinda gutted this is over

As always, its been such a great read! Lot's of LOLs and lovely moments too

I can't wait to see the next PTR And you are SO right. These holidays do seem to grow arms and legs don't they?

Thank you for sharing. x
Redrach1903 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 May 16, 11:53 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Fab trip report. Thoroughly enjoyed reading it.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 May 16, 11:54 AM  
Link to this Post
The A team
VIP Dibber

The A team's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Really enjoyed reading along, thanks for taking the time to share your holiday with us. We will be at the beach club for 5 nights this year with two girls (9 and 11) so have re-read your first few days again recently for hints and tips!

Highlands Reserve May/June 2014

Trip report complete July/August 2016 - Beach Club and Sunset Lakes
Trip report complete - One week trip at two weeks notice - The Grove Resort May 2018
7 States Pre-trip (Washington DC, Virginia, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Georgia, Florida, New York)
The A team is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 May 16, 12:08 PM  
Link to this Post
WhereIBelong
Imagineer

Have really enjoyed reading your reports, thank you so much for taking the time to share them! I like the fact they are warts and all (and the "blokey" bits make me laugh )

(I can never work up the enthusiasm to do a full trippie - highs and lows is the best I can do! So thank you.)
WhereIBelong is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 May 16, 12:11 PM  
Link to this Post
vics18
Very Serious Dibber

Great trip, great report. You must have felt gutted coming home after all that lovely Florida time. Know what you mean, I never feel ready to come home from Florida and instantly start thinking when can we get back. It has a hold on us all that's for sure!
vics18 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 May 16, 12:23 PM  
Link to this Post

A great read from start to finish. Also amusing in parts thanks for sharing.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 May 16, 12:40 PM  
Link to this Post
helenlovesdestr
Serious Dibber

Mobile

Loved this trip report, as I have your others. When are you going back again? I can't see countdowns on my phone. You have totally sold me on a cruise. We can't afford the time or the money on our trip next year but I hope to on our trip after that.
helenlovesdestr is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 May 16, 12:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Tartan Tigger
Imagineer

Another fab trip report as always. Thoroughly enjoyed reading them. Thanks for sharing.
All Star Music, All Star Movies, Pop Century, Art of Animation, Caribbean Beach, French Quarter, Riverside, Coronado Springs, Swan, Dolphin, Wilderness Lodge, Royal Pacific, Hard Rock, Cabana Bay, Beach Club, Contemporary Tower, Yacht Club, Boardwalk, Bay Lake Tower, Old Key West
Tartan Tigger is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 May 16, 12:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Rob & Jan
Being a bit Goofy

Another thoroughly good read thank you so much for being so entertaining. I hate the leaving day too (it's worse when it's your own villa) I get in a right stroppy mood
(sorry Rob).
Can't wait to hear about your next trip.
Jan
Rob & Jan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List