Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 18 Sep 16, 09:35 PM  
Link to this Post
FLAFantastic
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Mobile

I will just say 'your poor husband'. I know mine wouldn't have done what yours has - paid for the holiday for your sister in law.

Harry yes, absolutely!

Sorry - we can feel your frustration in your writing.

Xxx
Old 18 Sep 16, 10:29 PM  
Link to this Post
daisy and ruby
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Am loving your tripie. Not sure how you keep your calm I would have gone mental by now. Your husband is one special guy. She seems to be very spoilt and has no idea of the value of money.
daisy and ruby is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 16, 11:41 PM  
Link to this Post
orlando10
Apprentice Imagineer

Hi
Loving your trip report and that you are getting to make such special memories with Harry, but you really do have the patience of a saint I would have lost mine by now, find it really cheeky to expect meals, drinks and gifts paid for after paying so much for the holiday, did she not save any money to bring with her? I know you both probably said you would meet daily meal expenses but I would be offering to contribute or at the least ordering a cheap choice. Anyhow you are both a great sister in law and brother and I hope you got some appreciation.
DLP 2016, 2018
orlando10 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Sep 16, 12:23 AM  
Link to this Post
MissFortune
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Lisaw1971 View Post
Omg - TWO dinners!
You're forgetting the two packets of crisps she grabbed also. More annoying is that she didn't even eat one of the meals no doubt not a case of it being "stodgy" but more eyes too big for your belly. No wonder she felt a bit bloated.

Originally Posted by orlando10 View Post
Hi
Loving your trip report and that you are getting to make such special memories with Harry, but you really do have the patience of a saint I would have lost mine by now, find it really cheeky to expect meals, drinks and gifts paid for after paying so much for the holiday, did she not save any money to bring with her? I know you both probably said you would meet daily meal expenses but I would be offering to contribute or at the least ordering a cheap choice. Anyhow you are both a great sister in law and brother and I hope you got some appreciation.
From reading OPs comments from the previous day she is not Damian's sister so I think he deserves a medal even more - you both do

I have to say I think this is even worse than the Brangelina trip report by floridadave! anyway sounds like a great day, good on you for not letting it ruin your holiday.

Edited at 12:25 AM.
MissFortune is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Sep 16, 02:10 AM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
You must have the patience of a saint.. 2 orders 2 meals when someone else is paying is greedy and rude..
daytonababe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Sep 16, 09:20 AM  
Link to this Post
Redrach1903
Disney Dreaming :)

Redrach1903's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
OMG what a frustrating start to the day. I’d have been tempted to leave her there and go! Haha! I have zero patience for things like that. You are doing well to keep your cool.

Uber is so fab isn’t it? We used it this year a few times and never had a bad experience!

I’m glad Harry got on ok with the rides (except The Mummy, bless!) Must be quite daunting for him when he’s never experienced any rides before at all.

Can’t believe she ordered 2 meals! Sorry, but that is just beyond taking the p! I just can’t wrap my head around that behaviour.

I agree that RRR is a bit rattily. I always come off feeling a bit whoozy!

Fab read, loving this report xxx
Redrach1903 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Sep 16, 09:49 AM  
Link to this Post
Lisa_Lollipop
Imagineer

Oh goodness, lots of frustrations today but I won't dwell on those!

Great to see Harry being so brave and trying lots of rides (I am not surprised he was a little scared on The Mummy, it is pretty scary even for the most avid thrill-seeker!)

I completely agree with RRR, and I think it is feels worse when you don't have any music on to distract you (I got a dud seat on our recent trip too and had to go around in silence... no where near as much fun!)

Thank you for sharing, looking forward to the next installment!
Lisa_Lollipop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Sep 16, 10:39 AM  
Link to this Post
darbs
Imagineer

Well am not sure what to say apart from I would have exploded by now! A full on day and your comments about RRR have confimed that I won't be trying it this trip no matter how much my DH and DS x 4 try to get me on it!
darbs is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Sep 16, 02:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Macca04
Imagineer

I know you said you'd pick up the bill for the meals and drinks but I so think ordering two meals is really rude and then not to eat one and not touch her steak is really off. We went to California three years ago and my DD was pining for her BF, she kept ordering steaks and not eating them it made me mad, not that I'm tight but I hate to see food go to waste. I thought she was Damien's sister as you refer to her as your SIL?
Macca04 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Sep 16, 03:01 PM  
Link to this Post
ally1966
Imagineer

Mobile

It does sound as though Alice is taking advantage over the spending. I remember reading your posts whilst you were there and wondered how things had worked out for you.

Did you ever confront her over any of the problems? If not, I hope that she is never likely to read this or know anyone who recognises her from your photos.