Notices
Food, Wine, Cooking & Eating Discussion on all things food related. Sharing recipes and giving tips and tricks to great food.

Old 5 Feb 19, 09:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Minnie18
Imagineer

Mobile Vegetarian meal/food ideas

For many different reasons we are going to try and become vegetarians. Can anyone please recommend meal ideas and snack ideas.

Thanks very much 😊
Minnie18 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Feb 19, 10:04 AM  
Link to this Post
Diz
Apprentice Imagineer

I think you might find it easier to start with to get some of the meat substitute products. They didn't exist when I went veggie 30+ years ago if you don't want to use them then my main advice would be to think of wholel dishes so you don't think about meals as meat and 2 veg if you see what I mean so pasta bakes, chilli, curry, etc.

As for snacks not sure what you are thinking of replacing as I can't think of any non veggie snacks except perhaps sausage rolls but even then you can buy or make veggie ones or cheese and onion
Diz is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Feb 19, 05:48 PM  
Link to this Post
whlparkstone
Imagineer

Mobile

Tesco do a fantastic range of frozen meat free options. I am not a vegetarian but love their Lincolnshire sausages and also the chicken pieces, very handy to keep in the freezer and have with salad and jacket potato
Old 8 Feb 19, 09:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Minnie18
Imagineer

Mobile

Thanks so much guys I will deff make a note. We have all been doing really well making dinners from scratch and in all honesty we haven't had to put much thought in.
Minnie18 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Feb 19, 10:03 PM  
Link to this Post
16offtodisney!
Apprentice Imagineer

I made a lovely chili con carne the other day, using lentils, cooked it for about half hour, went down a treat with the family x
DLP Newport bay Sept 2008,DLP Santa fe April 2010, Emerald Island Easter 2012,Indian Creek May 2014, Rosen inn @Pointe, Royal Pacific, Springhill Suites Christmas 2015,Port Orleans French Quarter October 2017,Cabana Bay, Doubletree @Seaworld, Allstars Movies Christmas 2018
Sarah xx
16offtodisney! is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Feb 19, 10:18 PM  
Link to this Post
nats1211
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

I’ve been a vegetarian for a long time some of my favorite meals are:
Roasted vegetable enchiladas
Roasted mushroom and aubergine stacks
Pasta with red pesto, goats cheese and roasted mushrooms
Halloumi wraps
Vegetarian chilli

Whenever I get stuck in a rut I like to go and investigate the likes of Gousto and Hello Fresh delivery meal options and see if I get any inspiration.

If your happy using meat substitutes, you can pretty much cook your usual recipes with quorn. As others have said I actually prefer some of Tesco own quorn style substitutes.
Hope that helps. Good luck if you go for it. My boss who I’d never have thought would give up meat did it for January and him and his wife are carrying it on as they’re enjoying it so much x
nats1211 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List