Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Old 26 Mar 19, 09:30 AM  
Link to this Post
itsajennything
Excited about Disney

Mobile Halloween soirée?

Hi saw that there is to be two party nights. One being the 26th Oct when we plan to be there. Originally I’d planned to go to the studios that evening.. does it stay open late at Halloween ? But now I’m wondering should we book tickets for Halloween party ? Is it worth the extra money ? Is there many extra character meet and greets ? What are the main advantages of it ? We will have a ten year old and 4&1/2 year old with us
PLAN A TRIP- DLP SUMMER 2020 FAITH, TRUST AND PIXIE DUST
itsajennything is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Mar 19, 05:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Cazzius
Apprentice Imagineer

Hi,

I haven't been to the Halloween soiree so not sure how much help I can be, but I was at the Annual Pass soiree last weekend and it was well worth the money.
All rides were 5 minute queues - and that was literally the time it took to walk the queue line.
Queues for Meet & Greets were longer, but less than usual park hours. We waited a little over 30 mins to meet Mickey.
For the Christmas party it was easy to get a good view for fireworks and parade too.

When I did Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party at WDW it was similar with low queues.

You probably want info from someone who had attended the DLP party before though!

First Time Floribobs (The Irma Remix) - WDW trip report *Complete*
While The Cat's Away, The Caz Will Play With The Mouse - Solo DLP Trip Report
Cazzius is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Mar 19, 05:44 PM  
Link to this Post
dav220588
Imagineer

Last year the Studios was open slightly later on Halloween (9pm rather than the 8pm it closed on other days that week).

The Halloween Soiree runs from 8pm to 2am - Illuminations will be at 7pm that night with regular park closing at 7pm. Entry for these parties is similar to the Halloween/Christmas parties at WDW where you get a wristband which will be checked for throughout the night. You don't have to leave and re-enter the park if you have your wristband already.

Having done the 2016 and 2017 parties these are by no means uncrowded evenings in the park. Expect the crowds to feel like a pretty busy regular park day. Some of the rides may be walk on but the big rides like Big Thunder will still have wait times at least until later in the evening.

If the entertainment is similar to last year there will be several character meets throughout the park, although last year most of these could also be done during the day in Halloween season. There's also an extended Halloween parade, a few stage shows (they did exclusive Big Hero 6 and Descendants shows last year) and other entertainment around the park. Adventure Isle was also turned into a scare zone but that may not be suitable for younger children. It can however be easily avoided.
dav220588 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Mar 19, 11:11 PM  
Link to this Post
itsajennything
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by dav220588 View Post
Last year the Studios was open slightly later on Halloween (9pm rather than the 8pm it closed on other days that week).

The Halloween Soiree runs from 8pm to 2am - Illuminations will be at 7pm that night with regular park closing at 7pm. Entry for these parties is similar to the Halloween/Christmas parties at WDW where you get a wristband which will be checked for throughout the night. You don't have to leave and re-enter the park if you have your wristband already.

Having done the 2016 and 2017 parties these are by no means uncrowded evenings in the park. Expect the crowds to feel like a pretty busy regular park day. Some of the rides may be walk on but the big rides like Big Thunder will still have wait times at least until later in the evening.

If the entertainment is similar to last year there will be several character meets throughout the park, although last year most of these could also be done during the day in Halloween season. There's also an extended Halloween parade, a few stage shows (they did exclusive Big Hero 6 and Descendants shows last year) and other entertainment around the park. Adventure Isle was also turned into a scare zone but that may not be suitable for younger children. It can however be easily avoided.
Thanks for all the tips will keep my eye out for tickets released. My eldest would love the big hero 6 show if they re did it as she mad for Baymax. We met him in wdw. Sounds a good night.
itsajennything is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Mar 19, 11:13 PM  
Link to this Post
itsajennything
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by Cazzius View Post
Hi,

I haven't been to the Halloween soiree so not sure how much help I can be, but I was at the Annual Pass soiree last weekend and it was well worth the money.
All rides were 5 minute queues - and that was literally the time it took to walk the queue line.
Queues for Meet & Greets were longer, but less than usual park hours. We waited a little over 30 mins to meet Mickey.
For the Christmas party it was easy to get a good view for fireworks and parade too.

When I did Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party at WDW it was similar with low queues.

You probably want info from someone who had attended the DLP party before though!
Fab thanks. We have never done a Disney special event etc way we had of done one of the Christmas nights at wdw now. That’s my regret. I may just go for the dlp Halloween one as don’t want to end up regretting not going lol