Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Old 30 Mar 19, 09:23 AM  
Link to this Post
stecee
Imagineer

We’ve been on 2 NCL cruises and have really enjoyed both.
I read last night on Cruise Critic that NCL are doing away with the all inclusive deal that they have had for the past couple of years.
The article wasn’t very clear, but it seems that for a fixed fee, passengers will be able to choose which type of “benefit” they want on a cruise.
'Oct 97 Days inn main gate west, June '02 Days inn main gate west, Dec '05 All star movie resort, Aug '07 Caribbean Beach Resort, Sept '09 Port Orleans Riverside, Oct'10 Tour then villa at Highgate, May '12 Emerald Island villa. Oct '14 The Keys then SSR.
stecee is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Mar 19, 09:46 AM  
Link to this Post
Loulou127
Imagineer

Those that have sailed with NCL, do you book direct online or use a TA?
Loulou127 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Mar 19, 12:45 PM  
Link to this Post
stecee
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Loulou127 View Post
Those that have sailed with NCL, do you book direct online or use a TA?
I usually book through a TA, only because I get a discount through a works scheme. Otherwise, I would book with whoever I could get the best deal with.
'Oct 97 Days inn main gate west, June '02 Days inn main gate west, Dec '05 All star movie resort, Aug '07 Caribbean Beach Resort, Sept '09 Port Orleans Riverside, Oct'10 Tour then villa at Highgate, May '12 Emerald Island villa. Oct '14 The Keys then SSR.
stecee is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Mar 19, 12:52 PM  
Link to this Post
ginger ninja
Imagineer

ginger ninja's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
I've booked direct before but also through my hardest account as it gives a great discount

ginger ninja is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Mar 19, 06:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Loulou127
Imagineer

Thanks everyone for your help, we’ve bitten the bullet and booked it today, very happy with the price and everything that’s included x
Loulou127 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Mar 19, 06:51 PM  
Link to this Post
danisleigh
Imagineer

danisleigh's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Originally Posted by ginger ninja View Post
That's a great offer, just their prices have become really high lately. Apparently they announced the other day that they are going back to their "free at sea" in April and will no longer offer the premium all inclusive, which is what your deal is. If this change affects the prices nobody knows yet, but I would hope so.
In 2016 we did the canaries and Morocco in the school Easter holidays booked 12 months in advance with free drinks packages and kids sailed for £50 so our cruise in an aft balcony for the 3 of us was £1340 for 10 nights! I haven’t seen them do this deal since then sadly.
Apr 98..Quality Inn, Dec 2004...hotel Cheyenne, may 2006...Emerald Island, Mar 2013..Regal Palms / AKL / Rosen Inn / HRH, Oct 14..Cypress Pointe, July 2016 Newport bay club, Aug 2016 magic med cruise, Aug 2017 SSR/Rosen pointe/HRH, Aug 19 Northern Europe Disney magic, Dec 2019...Sequoia Lodge, Xmas 2021 Rosen Plaza/HRH, May 2022 POFQ/HRH, May 2023 Disneyland LA.
danisleigh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Apr 19, 07:44 PM  
Link to this Post
scarecrow
Imagineer

scarecrow's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 9
I appreciate that OP has booked, but from what I have seen on CC NCL is bringing out a new package tomorrow, where by you can get drinks package and one other perk for £99. It will be interesting to see if prices come down.

The all inclusive wasn’t appealing to everyone as it was putting off those people who don’t drink and they were going elsewhere for cruises, myself included. You could book a guarantee for around £400 less than the drinks and tips package, but again people didn’t like that as they couldn’t pick their cabin.

I booked before they changed to the all inclusive and had a 10 day Easter cruise with drinks added or £850 each inside cabin, (my mum likes a drink so I had to have the package too). The following year when prices for Easter 18 came out the price shot up to £1200 and the. This year it was £1400. Free drinks are not free.

Marella cruises are another line who have all inclusive but I ask myself why don’t they offer no drinks for those of us who can take it or leave it.
1990. - somewhere on the 192,2006 - Country Inn and Suites LBK, 2007- LA and San Diego, 2008 - Regal Palms, 2009 - OKW, 2010- Yacht Club, 2011- DCL Magic - Med,2012 - Yacht Club, 2013 - Carnival Sunshine Med cruise, 2014 Carnival Breeze and the Yacht Club

Photo app trip reports Carnival Med Cruise and VA & BA UC & Club indexhttp://http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/reporter-index.php?userid=19933

Pre cruise Med http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/show...d+cruise+mouse
scarecrow is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Apr 19, 08:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Loulou127
Imagineer

Originally Posted by scarecrow View Post
I appreciate that OP has booked, but from what I have seen on CC NCL is bringing out a new package tomorrow, where by you can get drinks package and one other perk for £99. It will be interesting to see if prices come down.

The all inclusive wasn’t appealing to everyone as it was putting off those people who don’t drink and they were going elsewhere for cruises, myself included. You could book a guarantee for around £400 less than the drinks and tips package, but again people didn’t like that as they couldn’t pick their cabin.

I booked before they changed to the all inclusive and had a 10 day Easter cruise with drinks added or £850 each inside cabin, (my mum likes a drink so I had to have the package too). The following year when prices for Easter 18 came out the price shot up to £1200 and the. This year it was £1400. Free drinks are not free.

Marella cruises are another line who have all inclusive but I ask myself why don’t they offer no drinks for those of us who can take it or leave it.
Hi scarecrow, yes I know I shouldn’t look but I won’t be able to not! I’ve only paid £50pp deposit, so if it’s reduced in price by a fair amount I’m guessing I could cancel loose my £100 and rebook?

I’ll report back tomorrow what happens, currently we’ve paid £1219pp for a mini suite with all those extras (premium drinks, gratuities, £75pp obc, 60 mins WiFi, 3 speciality dinners)
Old 2 Apr 19, 02:08 PM  
Link to this Post
mitch84
Imagineer

mitch84's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 8
Originally Posted by Loulou127 View Post
Hi scarecrow, yes I know I shouldn’t look but I won’t be able to not! I’ve only paid £50pp deposit, so if it’s reduced in price by a fair amount I’m guessing I could cancel loose my £100 and rebook?

I’ll report back tomorrow what happens, currently we’ve paid £1219pp for a mini suite with all those extras (premium drinks, gratuities, £75pp obc, 60 mins WiFi, 3 speciality dinners)
For a 7 night cruise? I think that's very good.

We have paid £989pp for a 7 night cruise in October, this includes premium drinks, bottled water, gratuities, £50pp obc, 60 mins wifi etc, but no speciality dinners (going to use my obc).

We are only in an inside cabin though
Old 2 Apr 19, 02:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Loulou127
Imagineer

As promised I’ve taken a look at the new pricing structure as of today, it’s a lower start price but when you add back in our extras it’s almost an identical price x