Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 3 Apr 19, 05:06 PM  
Link to this Post
MinnieMrsA
Imagineer

Packable Jackets, Stiff Bananas and Crossings to Africa! (Jan/Feb 2019) Day 10

Day 10 – Sunday 3rd February 2019

We woke up at 6.45am, and decided to head to Disney Springs to do a bit more shopping. You can never do enough shopping at Disney! We got a bus there, did some shopping, had a Starbucks and then got the boat back.

We were headed to Animal Kingdom for the afternoon – we at least we hoped we were. When we got to the bus stop, there was no time displayed for an Animal Kingdom bus. So we waited…and waited…and kept on waiting. One lady was getting particularly irate about having to wait for an Animal Kingdom bus, when no less than 6 Disney Springs buses came and went. So she stopped one of them and stood with one foot on the sidewalk and one inside the bus, and stopped him leaving until he told her when the Animal Kingdom bus would be! #awkward

Anyway, after waiting for no less than an hour, two buses showed up at once. I’m sure there is a saying in there somewhere…it took us almost 2 hours from leaving the room, to arriving at Animal Kingdom.

After stopping for some Photopass pictures, we got a hot chocolate and a cookie. We did a bit of shopping in the Discovery Trading Company, including buying a much needed new rucksack. Our trusty WDW Rucksack was on its 5th visit here (not including the other trips we have used it for in between Florida holidays!) and was on its last legs.

Next we watched the new Up! Bird show. This was really enjoyable – I found the host a tad irritating, but loved Russell and Dug! And of course – the birds were brilliant too. Dave had a very close encounter with a particularly fast bird. He was sat on the end of the row and had to be part of the human archway for the bird to fly through.

We kept on with the live animal theme and went for a walk around Gorilla Falls. This was rammed at the start, but got much quieter as the trail went on.

Next was our FP+ for Navi River Journey. When we tried to board, the people who had been boarded in front of us took over the whole boat, and were most displeased to find they had to share with us. I do think the effects on this ride are great – especially when you look up and see the shadowy footprints on the leaves above you. Very cleverly done.

Both hungry, we decided to check in early for our tea at Rainforest Café. We hadn’t been too impressed with the on at Disney Springs on a previous visit, but we were willing to give this one a go. Our server was very friendly, and my allergy was no problem to them. I had a raspberry lemonade, bean burger and key lime pie. Dave had a Budweiser, chicken sandwich and key lime pie too. We were quite impressed with the meal for the price it should have cost, and the service was good too.

We had a FP+ for Rivers of Light, but as it was still cool outside, we decided to cancel it and head back to the resort. You’ll never guess who was on our bus? Irate Bus Lady as she shall now be known. This won’t be the last time we meet her this holiday…

Once back at the resort, we watched the Superbowl – well, as well as we could do given they break for a commercial every 2 minutes! FYI – if you wanted to watch it with an atmosphere, they had put up a big screen TV in the bar area, it was full of Patriots fans. I also popped down to the concierge desk to ask them to assist me in making a booking at Wolfgang Puck Bar & Grill as a last meal before our flight home on Thursday. A lovely cast member called Tommy helped me out- confirming that the restaurant was 1 TS credit on DDP, and making the reservation for me on his system, as thanks to the credit card issue, MDE wasn’t letting me make new ADRs.

We had a cup of tea or two whilst watching Les Miserables on the Iplayer – it was the final one and we didn’t want to miss it!

STEPS: 13939

Tomorrow – queue jumpers, peanut butter M&Ms and two very mischievous chipmunks…
MinnieMrsA is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Apr 19, 05:00 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Crikey that was a long wait for a bus

Your meal looked nice

Joan
Old 5 Apr 19, 06:11 PM  
Link to this Post
MinnieMrsA
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by mick View Post
Crikey that was a long wait for a bus

Your meal looked nice

Joan
Yes and yes!
MinnieMrsA is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Apr 19, 12:53 PM  
Link to this Post
margyloveswdw
Deck 4, Disney Wonder

margyloveswdw's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Wow, that's a hell of a commute!
margyloveswdw is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 19, 08:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Excitedx4
Imagineer

Excitedx4's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Ah what a nightmare with the buses! I love the Na’vi river ride too it is so well done!
Excitedx4 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 19, 10:06 AM  
Link to this Post
jothp
Apprentice Imagineer

I can understand irate bus lady being so cross, no need to be difficult with other drivers though! It is a real pain when you have to wait a long time for a bus especially if you've got FPs or dining reservations to get to. It sounds like you did a great job of waiting patiently though and had a nice afternoon at AK once you finally made it!
jothp is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List