Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 4 Apr 19, 08:45 PM  
Link to this Post
MinnieMrsA
Imagineer

Packable Jackets, Stiff Bananas and Crossings to Africa! (Jan/Feb 2019) Day 12

Day 12 – Tuesday 5th February 2019

We woke up at 6.15am , and were down at the bus stop at 8.15am. It was absolute chaos (again!) and was being (mis)managed by a very young and clearly inexperienced cast member. At one point we were forced into the road by another guest, and the cast member screamed at us! This really got our backs up- not impressed at all. I understand the need to stay safe, but we hadn’t chosen to be in the road – it was be in the road on our feet or flat on our faces! We were both really in a bad mood now – see the picture from Buzz Lightyear’s Space Ranger Spin to see how bad of a mood I was in. Anyone who knows me or has read my previous trip reports will know I am very cheerful nearly all of the time – but not today.

The Magic Kingdom was really busy, but we did manage a fair few rides. We rode Buzz Lightyear’s Space Ranger Spin, the People Mover, Seven Dwarves Mine Train and It’s a Small World. We then stopped for a churro – neither of us had ever had one before but it was great – the chocolate dipping sauce was very much enjoyed too.

We then rode Big Thunder Mountain, before heading to Cosmic Ray’s for a standard chicken nugget dinner. It was actually quite bright and sunny today! Not exactly warm, but the sunshine was very much welcomed.

We decided to get the monorail to Epcot and get the bus back from there. We do like to ride the monorail when we can. There was no wait for a monorail to get to the TTC, but we waited at least 30 minutes for a monorail to Epcot from there. It wasn’t too busy though, so we didn’t mind.

We got a drink when we got back to POFQ, and then wandered over to Riverside to buy the cutlery and serving sets we had seen. Thankfully they weren’t as heavy as I had thought they would be! We also picked up some taffy for Dave to take back to work with him, as it was his birthday pretty much straight away when we got back.

We had a shower and freshened up before heading to Disney Springs for our ADR at Raglan Road.

It was really busy, but we were seated pretty quickly and had a partial view of the stage. Our server was really friendly, and brought us some lovely soda bread. Dave wasn’t keen on it so I was happy to polish it off.

Dave had a Guinness Blonde, pie and apple crumble. I had some wine, a pork chop with root veg mash (which was I think my favourite main meal of the holiday!) and the bread pudding. I have heard rave reviews about this pudding, and told the server I had high expectations of it. Unfortunately – it did disappoint. It is something that I make at home (a dark chocolate and Baileys version – it is incredible even if I do say so myself!) and this was just bland in comparison. I got Dave to try it too and he agreed – it wasn’t a patch on mine. I did tell the server that politely, as I didn’t really make a dent in it!

We wandered around for a bit, taking in the scenery. Dave took some great night time shots of an illuminated Disney Springs.

We got the boat back to POFQ and made a start on the packing, whilst we watched President Trump deliver the State of the Union address. I popped down to the front desk to clear the balance on our room. The cast member asked how our stay was – I said I was disappointed by the bus service at times, and that a cast member found it appropriate to shout at guests. Her response? ‘How would you like to settle the bill then?’. Thanks – this pretty much represents the attitude of the majority of cast members at the front desk at POFQ on this trip. It really is a beautiful resort, but the cast members let it down this time.

STEPS: 17,739

Tomorrow – final purchases, snacks and being overweight…
MinnieMrsA is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Apr 19, 09:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridaagogo
Imagineer

Loving your angry face on the buzz ride 😆
Floridaagogo is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Apr 19, 09:16 PM  
Link to this Post
MinnieMrsA
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Floridaagogo View Post
Loving your angry face on the buzz ride 😆
Omg it is hilarious! I look both angry and revolted 😂😂
MinnieMrsA is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Apr 19, 09:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridaagogo
Imagineer

I even made the pic larger to have a better look😁😁😁😁
Floridaagogo is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Apr 19, 09:23 PM  
Link to this Post
MinnieMrsA
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Floridaagogo View Post
I even made the pic larger to have a better look😁😁😁😁
😂😂 this is actually one of my fave pics of the holiday! A picture paints a thousand words...
Old 5 Apr 19, 05:14 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Not very good from the CM’s but once again a good day

Joan
Old 5 Apr 19, 06:12 PM  
Link to this Post
MinnieMrsA
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by mick View Post
Not very good from the CM’s but once again a good day

Joan
I found some of them just plain rude this time! But yes, another great day!
Old 15 Apr 19, 01:02 PM  
Link to this Post
margyloveswdw
Deck 4, Disney Wonder

margyloveswdw's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
That wasn't really helpful of the CM at POFQ wasn't it?

I must admit it was our first time there and some of the staff definitely lacked some Disney magic!
margyloveswdw is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 19, 08:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Excitedx4
Imagineer

Excitedx4's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Some lovely DS shots there! I’d of not been impressed either getting shouted at by a CM!
Excitedx4 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 19, 11:31 AM  
Link to this Post
jothp
Apprentice Imagineer

I would have been really cross if a CM had shouted at us - there was just no need for it. It sounds like she didn't quite know how to handle the situation being so young and inexperienced. You got a lot done in MK considering how busy it was and had another lovely meal.
jothp is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List