Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 17 Apr 19, 05:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Safyre
Very Serious Dibber

The Haunting Sequel - Day 19 - Universal Studios + Bubba Gumps

Day 19 – Monday

This is our last full day!

Certain people wouldn’t get up when the alarm went off, so certain other people went and sorted the laundry and packing for home time.
When Dave finally shifted, I sent him down to Starbucks for some nice, proper coffee. Caramel lattes.

Somehow I ripped my thumb nail really badly, it splintered into bits and I had to pull it out with tweezers. I put a plaster on it but it was really sore.

We were heading to Universal Studios first today, and went to get virtual queue tickets for Jimmy Fallon. Then we went round to Fast & Furious, which said the wait time was 25 minutes, but it was just a walk on.

Fast & Furious was very similar to Kong, a bus with a simulation. We’re not loving the simulators.

The shop at the end had some nice merchandise. We got some keyrings for our dads, and a shirt and decal for Dave. We sent them to the entrance to collect later.

I felt peckish so we found a food cart. I ordered a foot long corn dog with chips, paid $10 for it. We also couldn’t get an AP discount at food stalls. It was 4 inches at best. Someone at Universal has been lying to themselves! We shared it, got 2 bites each.

Now it was time for our Jimmy Fallon ride. We sat watching the pre show for a while, it was better than the ride. The ride was a cinema style simulator. We had bags and juice cups under the seat in the cubby. My juice cup went flying half way through, so I caught it and had to hold it. I also had to hold the 3D glasses on over my regular glasses. We didn’t think very much of it, unfortunately.

We went over to ET next. We love this. There was no queue but the ride went tech. We decided to wait for it, so we sat in the queue area. ET was one of our priorities for the day. It was nice to see inside the queue line with the lights on, and it had air conditioning!

After ET, we went through to Diagon Alley. We headed for Gringotts. I tried out the tester seat, red light. There was no way it was going over my legs. Oh well. Gives me something to aim for the next time.
We went over to the Hogwarts Express. There was a 45 minute wait, but it was another one we wanted to do. We got a carriage between us and 3 other people.

I went into the loo when we got to Hogsmeade so I could hear Moaning Myrtle.

We to the castle to go on Forbidden Journey. Now I was nervous again. I tried the test seat and we both got good to go. We had to get 2 lockers to put all our bags in. Then it was a walk on!

It was now just after 6, and we realised that Universal Studios had shut. We had a sudden panic as we had shopping to collect at the entrance to US, we had lost track of the time. Our only option was to leave and collect our bags.

By the time we walked round, the shop was just about to close. It closed at 7. We couldn’t face the walk back into the parks, so went to City Walk. We decided to go to Bubba Gumps. I had a Pina Colada and Dave got a slush. I went for fish and chips, and Dave got the fishie platter. These were very good. Our waiter tested our knowledge on Bubba Gump, we did quite well for a film we hadn’t seen for about 20 years. We’re definitely going to watch it before we go back.

I had a beautiful key lime pie and Dave had a cookie sundae. We were both stuffed. We enjoyed it so much. I used our landry card which had $25 on it, so with tip it was $70. We had got souvenir cups which we collected in the shop. And Dave bought a tshirt in the shop too.

We got back to the room and tried to pack, which was like a vicious game of jenga.

Our video from today is here: