Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 17 Apr 19, 07:52 PM  
Link to this Post
karalma
Imagineer

The Greatest Place in the World (not WDW) Day 7 Front of Line Time

I woke at 4.30 but managed to get back to sleep until the alarm went off at 6.00 and we left the house just after 7.30. Today was IoA day, which we were excited about as we haven’t been for a couple of years. We arrived at the Royal Pacific hotel at 8.15 and what a beautiful hotel - I really liked it here and would have liked to spend more time here. The receptionist asked if we would like a lei and everyone said no, so I stepped forward and asked if I could have one, which I wore all day, much to Alix's embarrassment.

We caught the water taxi, which is a lovely way to travel and arrived at IoA for opening.

Darren and the kids rode Hulk and then the kids went back on. Next up was Dr Doom, which I sat out before we all rode Spider-Man.

Darren, Matt and I rode Kong which was better than I remembered. Alix didn’t like Kong so she sat out and enjoyed a drink. It was then Darren's turn to sit out as we rode Forbidden Journey. I still love this ride. And we all really enjoyed Butterbeer, frozen for Darren & Alix and regular for me and Matt.

As everything was a walk on with FOLPs we decided to have an early lunch before doing the water rides. We arrived at Circus Mckirkus a little before it opened so we had a seat and waited in the sun.

Once inside we realised the menu had changed and weren’t sure whether we wanted to stay. In the end we decided to stay but we weren’t too impressed.

We returned to Forbidden Journey but the FOLP line was mixed in with the standby line until you reached the castle and was very long. I asked a CM about it and he just said it was a popular ride. We couldn’t understand why they didn’t have 2 separate lines as they usually did so we decided to give it a miss.

Then we hit the water rides and this was one of the highlights of the holiday. First up was the Jurassic Park River Adventure and it was the first time I had ridden this. I screamed a lot but really enjoyed it. We were pleasantly cooled down. Next was Ripsaw Falls and Alix got soaked and refused to go on again so Darren, Matt and I went back on Jurassic Park River Adventure. This time it was Darren’s turn to get soaked. Matt and I were very happy to stay just a little wet.

At this point we received a text from the hotel to say our room was ready so we went back for a rest. We had a drink and snack and took some time out to read and relax.

Once refreshed we returned to IoA on the water taxi for our final rides. We rode again: Hulk (Alix & Matt), Dr Doom (Darren, Alix & Matt), Spider-Man (me, Alix & Matt) and Forbidden Journey (me, Alix & Matt).

Thankfully they had sorted the lines at Forbidden Journey so we were able to ride again Yay. We then had time for 1 final butter beer and some shop browsing before heading back home.

Alix & Matt didn’t want to stay at the hotel so the plan was for us to drop them at the villa and Darren and I have a night to ourselves at the hotel. Unfortunately the traffic was dreadful again tonight and took us more than an hour to get back, so we decided we didn’t want to spend another hour in traffic going back to the hotel, just to have to do it all again in the morning. So we decided to stay at the villa after all.

We called at Publix and arrived back at 7.30, having been out for 12 hours. We were even too tired to hit the pool. But it had been a really good day as we had done all of the rides we wanted, more than once and the weather had been beautiful today and just a bit cool in the morning and evening.

We had something to eat and went to bed very happy.
karalma is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Apr 19, 09:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Inky
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Love RPR and frozen butterbeer !
Inky is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Apr 19, 09:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
I love the water rides but boy do you get wet lol. Great day again
Yacht club / Bahama bay oct/Nov 2019 , poly
Nov 2022 boulder ridge, Polynesian , AOA and Bahama bay
Sept 24 POFQ
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Apr 19, 10:00 PM  
Link to this Post
karalma
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Inky View Post
Love RPR and frozen butterbeer !
Me too 👍

Originally Posted by Mexy02 View Post
I love the water rides but boy do you get wet lol. Great day again
We were a happy wet - just wet enough to feel fun and cool us down 🤣.
karalma is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List