Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Old 4 Mar 19, 07:02 PM  
Link to this Post
2littleboys
Imagineer

2littleboys's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Carnival Cruise's

As a total newbie to cruising we are looking at booking a Caribbean cruise next year for my special birthday with Carnival from Port Canaveral.

Any reviews on the cruise line and in particular the Carnival Breeze and how good it is for families. I would also like some information on the evening dining, for example how formal is it and do you have to book in advance.

Thanks.
2littleboys is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Mar 19, 07:12 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Our first two cruises in the Caribbean were both with Carnival and with our limited cruise experience since (two with Princess and two with RCI) I would say that Carnival were the most informal.

There was just the two of us then in 2005 and 2007 and in our early 60's at the time and no young children with us.

I assume that you've looked at the web site which explains most stuff.

carnival/cruise-ship...al-breeze.aspx

Mick
Old 4 Mar 19, 08:07 PM  
Link to this Post
bonnies mum
Imagineer

Have done Carnival (not the Breeze) and enjoyed the cruises we went on. Sold as more of a party cruise but I have to say we only experienced OTT behaviour once and that is not unique to Carnival.
Food is good, cabins a good size, itineraries varied. We stopped going on Carnival as felt they didn’t have as good a choice of shops, bars, etc and the shows weren’t what they had been when we first cruised with them.However, I would not discount ctuising with them again as they offer excellent value and for a first cruise I’m sure they would give a very positive experience.
bonnies mum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Mar 19, 08:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Omega1
Imagineer

Have a look at the reviews on Cruisecritic.
Omega1 is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Mar 19, 08:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Leyfy
Imagineer

We went on our first cruise last year with Carnival and we've actually booked a second for this year! We were on the Conquest last year and Sensation this year.

A few friends said they were a 'party cruise' but we found you could party until 4am if you wanted to, or just have a quiet drink evening in several of the other bars. The Lido deck always looked like madness though! We mainly stuck to the to the adults only serenity deck.
Leyfy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Mar 19, 08:52 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

We chose late sitting for dinner , you go to the main dining room at the appointed time but if you don't fancy it some nights there's always buffet dining (sometimes you just can't be bothered going from Beach casual to presentable ... it's not mega formal )
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Mar 19, 09:14 PM  
Link to this Post
llamala
Imagineer

We went our our first cruise in January with Carnival from Tampa. We really enjoyed it. If you wanted fun, it was there, if you wanted peace and quiet you could find it. The food was great, and varied, the staff were friendly and hard working.
We enjoyed our shore excursions which as first timers we booked with them.
Would we go with them again? Yes at the right price. Would like to try some more with different itineraries.
llamala is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Mar 19, 01:40 PM  
Link to this Post
PAUL7331
Excited about Disney

Book it - you wont regret it!

Were going on our second carnival cruise in a couple of weeks on the Vista - myself, wife and 8 year old daughter. We had such an amazing time on the first one (carnival magic from port Canaveral a couple of years back)

They are great fun!
PAUL7331 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Mar 19, 02:13 PM  
Link to this Post
julie b
Imagineer

Originally Posted by PAUL7331 View Post
Book it - you wont regret it!

Were going on our second carnival cruise in a couple of weeks on the Vista - myself, wife and 8 year old daughter. We had such an amazing time on the first one (carnival magic from port Canaveral a couple of years back)

They are great fun!
We are booked on carnival imagination in Oct from long beach...never been on a cruise before so bit nervous about it...
julie b is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List