Notices
Intro's and Welcomes Introduce yourself and be welcomed into our community.

Old 2 Apr 19, 09:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Dizzyboutdisney
Looking for my Ears

Mobile First trip - 10 days to go booked yesterday!

Hello everyone

So, never been before! Booked 10 nights. Lots to cater for...

Whose going

Us: me / hubby 2 children ages 9 + 7
Grandparent ages 65 + 72
Sister and brother in law with 2 children ages 4 + 20 months.

We havent booked anything yet, should we. Would it be ok to plan each evening for the next day?

We are staying in a villa. Do you recommend packed lunches at all?

My kids love squash not fizzy drinks. Do they sell it?

As we are a large group there will be days where I guess we can split up, should be buy sims abroad? Or in U.K.

Any help or tips are greatly appreciated
Dizzyboutdisney is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Apr 19, 09:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Welcome to the dibb
You go in 10 days time? Do you have park tickets ? Do you have a car ?
Yacht club / Bahama bay oct/Nov 2019 , poly
Nov 2022 boulder ridge, Polynesian , AOA and Bahama bay
Sept 24 POFQ
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Apr 19, 09:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Dizzyboutdisney
Looking for my Ears

Mobile

We have 10 days Disney park tickets

Yes 10 day until we are on that plane!

A cab has been hired Ava we are staying in a villa!
Dizzyboutdisney is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Apr 19, 09:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Kat11
VIP Dibber

Hi there,

Have you filled in your Estas online? Got insurance? these are both important. 😃

You could do with having a bit of a plan, link your Disney tickets to My Disney Experence, you may need to set an account up. Then you can book some fastpasses for each park that you are going too.

Welcome to the Dibb by the way.

Kat
Kat11 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Apr 19, 10:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
I would highly recommend you try to get fastpasses as you are hitting a really busy time at wdw with spring break and Easter .
Find out your nearest supermarket to stock up . Packed lunches are great of you don’t want to pay the park prices .
Take a look at the park maps on the dibb menu to get an idea of the rides and scale of the parks etc .
Try and read some trip reports as well .
Yacht club / Bahama bay oct/Nov 2019 , poly
Nov 2022 boulder ridge, Polynesian , AOA and Bahama bay
Sept 24 POFQ
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Apr 19, 02:58 AM  
Link to this Post
3disneykids
Imagineer

Book your FP's asap they are necessary. Look at which ones are best to get. Shows are usually easy enough to get into. Also, there is rider swap where someone can wait with the young ones and when the person riding comes off the person looking after the kids can go on with up to 2 other people.
I would do lots of reading on here and ask as many questions as you need to.
Again packed lunches are great for reducing costs. We took a picnic backpack last time. Freeze bottles of water overnight.
You can ask for iced water for free at most places. I take the small robinsons squash'd type juices to flavour it for the kids.
Have a great time
3disneykids is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Apr 19, 08:05 AM  
Link to this Post
candycat75
Imagineer

candycat75's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Hi and welcome
Old 3 Apr 19, 09:29 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Hi and welcome. You don’t have to be super organised but some planning will help you make the best use of your time.

Firstly as mentioned above, make sure you have completed your ESTA forms as you won’t be allowed into the US without these. Also get travel insurance.

Then maybe read a few trips reports on here and the information parts of the Dibb on fast passes and My Disney Experience website.

Plan a rough idea of which park you will be in each day and book your fast passes on the My Disney Experience website. Many rides have very long queues (see the wait times on the link on the right hand side of this website to see which rides are the most popular and have the longest waits) and some are virtually impossible to go on without a fast pass or being prepared to queue for 2 hours or even longer

You can take packed lunches. Iced water is free at all Disney restaurants so you can add the little squirty squashes to these.

I would try to do a lot of reading and some planning over the next few days. I’m sure you will have a great time though, do come back and let us know how it goes 😀

Edited at 11:06 AM.
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Apr 19, 09:46 PM  
Link to this Post
FloridaFairy
Apprentice Imagineer

Oh wow ! And welcome to the dibb... straight in at the deep end!

Estas and insurance as above ...

Rough plans and fast passes if you can of any must do things you or family want to do... look at the park maps online to familiarise yourself too

Above all go and have a mickeylicious time and we'd love to hear how it goes ..

Xx Ff xx
FloridaFairy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Apr 19, 12:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Jojo_disney044
New Poster (3)

Welcome!

Like others say - Estas and insurance!

Download disney app - link your tickets and sit with family and get a rough idea of what you would like to see/ do and make a rough plan for each day. Some people like the days to be organized right down to the minute but you can be less so but to get the most of your time and to make sure you can tick off all the rides and things to see I would suggest having a rough plan of which parks on which days and having the FP booked for those days. You can change/cancel Fast passes so if your plans change you can amend them so it isnt restrictive but worth while to skip the main lines and see and do as much as possible.

Food in parks is expensive, would suggest like others heading to supermarket to get breakfast stuff and cereal bars, snacks etc, bottles of water and even if you decide to have a meal in parks you at least have snacks covered - you can also purchase cool bags and ice packs pretty cheap in Walmart or Target. I cant remember seeing much squash out in the supermarkets more juices but you can buy those Robinsons 'squashed' small concentrate squashes in supermarkets here before you go and would take a very little room in suitcases.

There is so much to do at the parks, even just walking around - check the days for if parks are open later ( magic kingdom may be open till 11pm so you might want a later start that day) Have a rough plan, book your Fast passes and take a look on here for trip reports (really good for off site food choices) I found some really good places to eat (they all do deals to) and saved so much money not eating our 'main meal' in the parks everyday. If you eat in the parks all day every day it will cost a small fortune

Last thing, not sure on age of kids but make sure you have a morning or afternoon pool day - dont underestimate the amount of walking/ heat/ late nights/ early starts - one afternoon off really helps keep the tantrums (adults as well as kids!) at bay!
Jojo_disney044 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List