Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 18 Apr 19, 03:23 PM  
Link to this Post
firsttimefun
New Poster (2)

Potential new DVC member questions

Hi, I am currently looking into buying DVC points through resale, we are a family of 4 sometimes 5 (eldest child is 18) has anyone got any recommendations as to which resorts to look at etc? Where to buy from? Or just any useful information for a new buyer

Also I am a wheelchair user so would need to book accessible rooms has anyone had experience with this and can tell me how it works? Is it the same? What’s availability like?

Thanks

Edited at 03:25 PM.
firsttimefun is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Apr 19, 03:45 PM  
Link to this Post
CC71
Apprentice Imagineer

CC71's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Hi, I have just completed, today, on the sale of my final DVC contract and I sold through ‘Resales DVC’ ( The Tutas family). I would highly recommend them given my experience with them, albeit as a seller. They advertise here on the DIBB, if you look at the top of this page in the yellow sticky it will take you to their web page. They are transactional brokers ( as I understand is the case in the state of Florida ) so will work for you as well as the seller, although the seller will pay the broker’s fee. They have an App too which means you can get immediate notification of new or reduced contracts for sale.
With regard to what might suit you and your families needs, I understand that the number of accessible units varies across each DVC resort, so you may need to ask the broker for advise.
We loved our DVC but it was time to sell for us with a grown up family and our desire to see other places. Good luck ☺️
Old 18 Apr 19, 06:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Jasonharry
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Hi we have just completed our purchase. We bought 150 points at SSR through DVC Resale Market and would recommend them.
We did a lot of research and decided because of point price, maintenance fees and time left, SSR made the most financial sense, plus we like the resort, and although want to try others, know we’ll be happy to stay at SSR whenever availability is low
Jasonharry is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Apr 19, 06:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Jasonharry
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Some studios only sleep 4. So if there will regularly be 5 of you it’s best to buy somewhere that accommodates 5 or get enough points for a larger unit
Jasonharry is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Apr 19, 11:10 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Saratoska has had issues (I think) getting HA rooms at different resorts (I may be wrong)
Old 19 Apr 19, 08:01 AM  
Link to this Post
unixgirl
VIP Dibber

I bought at SSR in October last year and I am also happy to stay there. I think in another thread Saratoska said there were only 4 accessible rooms which is shocking . Also, SSR makes sense in that it's just starting a refurb program and I love that you can walk to Disney Springs.
unixgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Apr 19, 08:05 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Yes I think Saratoksa is the person to ask maybe. No matter which DVC, obviously there’s much less choice in accessible rooms. Maybe the newer ones are better (stricter disability laws etc)?
Old 19 Apr 19, 09:16 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
There are a lot of accessible rooms. The ones that are in very short supply are the ones with a roll in shower I think.

This link on the DIS shows how to find out what is available.

disboards/threads/lo...esort.3602975/

A quick search I did has found the following for SSR.

Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort has around 100 handicap-accessible rooms. Some feature roll-in showers, while others include assistive hearing devices. A subset of these rooms have been converted to comply with Florida's Accessibility Code, with changes to everything from bed, counter-top, and dresser drawer height, to door widths, wheelchair ramps, and more.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976

Edited at 09:23 AM.
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Apr 19, 09:44 AM  
Link to this Post
unixgirl
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
There are a lot of accessible rooms. The ones that are in very short supply are the ones with a roll in shower I think.

This link on the DIS shows how to find out what is available.

disboards/threads/lo...esort.3602975/

A quick search I did has found the following for SSR.

Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort has around 100 handicap-accessible rooms. Some feature roll-in showers, while others include assistive hearing devices. A subset of these rooms have been converted to comply with Florida's Accessibility Code, with changes to everything from bed, counter-top, and dresser drawer height, to door widths, wheelchair ramps, and more.
Well that makes more sense, it sounded from the other thread that there were almost none.
unixgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Apr 19, 10:29 AM  
Link to this Post
firsttimefun
New Poster (2)

Mobile

Brilliant thanks for your help, has anyone got experience with boulder ridge?
firsttimefun is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List