Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 25 Mar 19, 08:25 PM  
Link to this Post
MinnieMrsA
Imagineer

Packable Jackets, Stiff Bananas and Crossings to Africa! (Jan/Feb 2019) Day 2

Day 2- Saturday 26th January 2019

We were rudely awoken at about midnight, thanks to a group of people shouting somewhere near our room. It was probably nowhere near as close as it sounded in the dead of night, but was really annoying. We woke up at about 5.40am and had some cereal and coffee (I know we had a breakfast reservation, but no way could I last until then without food!), and got ready for the day.

We decided to drive to the Polynesian Resort rather than use Disney transportation, and it all went smoothly. We parked up and had a look around the resort before we checked in to Ohana.

We also managed to miss the check in desk, but the nice lady at the entrance checked us in there, and our table was ready immediately.

We were seated and my allergy was confirmed. We had a great window seat with a view of the castle.

Chef Josh soon came over to us to see how he could help, and I was delighted to hear that there was no cheese anywhere in the food (although there used to be some in the eggs apparently). He was equally delighted as it was a nice easy table for him, but did tell me just to go back over to him at the waffle station if he could help at all. Cousin Dana soon introduced herself as our server, and promptly disappeared again to find me some decaff coffee.

The food was delicious – the bread, ham and potatoes were particular highlights. I liked the POG juice too. One thing I was disappointed with was the character interactions – they felt pretty rushed here, and the photos are awful - they will never see the light of day!

Moving on, we decided to get the monorail to the Grand Floridian and have a mooch around there in the sunshine (although it was still a bit fresh!). After consulting with the map, we found that we could walk back to the Poly to collect the car, and enjoyed a nice stroll along the beach. There was a large wedding party on at the Grand Floridian which was fascinating to watch.

We drove back to POFQ, and evaluated our plans for the day. We had FP+ reservations at Hollywood Studios later in the day, and decided that we should get the bus to Epcot, then walk through Epcot (I had an ulterior motive!) to Hollywood Studios. We put our plan into action and hopped on a bus, and entered Epcot. We walked round the World Showcase to the UK Pavilion where I could buy some decaff and herbal tea bags! I was feeling a little bit lousy and wanted some home comforts. We had a nice chat with the cast member who was from a city about an hour away from where we live – she also understood the need for a proper cup of tea!

We excited Epcot through the International Gateway and headed for Hollywood Studios. I think this is actually the first time we have walked all the way there – we usually start walking around the Boardwalk and give up in the heat! There was no heat today though, so it was a comfortable stroll.

Once entering Hollywood Studios, there was only one place that was going to be our first destination – Toy Story Land! It is incredibly well themed, but also incredibly busy.

After a look around, we went to Starbucks to have a cookie and a Vanilla Bean Frappe each which was nice. I was really feeling lousy again by this point, so I took some painkillers of some description and we carried on. Muppets was a walk on, so we decided to go and watch the show. It was at least warm inside! We then walked onto Star Tours too, before taking in the Indiana Jones Stunt show. I was grateful to be sat in a seat that was reasonably close to the fire! Why can nobody ever sit still in these shows?!

We ended up riding Star Tours again as we had a FP+ for it, and then it was time for what we had been braving the cold for – a FP+ for Slinky Dog Dash. The line was about 100 minutes long, but with a FP+ we waited about 5 minutes and got on the back row. We loved this ride! It was great – lots of fun and we laughed throughout. The picture isn’t the best though – I have Diana Ross hair and Dave is crying because the wind was so cold on his face. Brrrrr…

We decided to cancel our FP+ for Fantasmic, and head back to POFQ to thaw out. We decided to drop our bag in the room and walk to Riverside to use the food court there. We both had nuggets and fries and they warmed us through nicely. We headed back to POFW for a much needed cuppa, and got into bed to get warm again.

Tomorrow – Shopping, wet shoes and Les Miserables…

STEPS: 25,288
MinnieMrsA is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Mar 19, 10:52 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Hope you feel better tomorrow

Joan
Old 26 Mar 19, 12:33 PM  
Link to this Post
summersun
Imagineer

summersun's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
great day x
http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/show...=gonna+get+wed
our dreams can come true pre trip report nov 14 cbbr nov 14
summersun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Mar 19, 07:55 PM  
Link to this Post
MinnieMrsA
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by mick View Post
Hope you feel better tomorrow

Joan
Thank you - I'm sure the unseasonably cold weather wasn't helping!
MinnieMrsA is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Mar 19, 07:55 PM  
Link to this Post
MinnieMrsA
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by summersun View Post
great day x
Thanks for reading!
Old 26 Mar 19, 08:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Cinderella
Imagineer

I love the Polynesian 👍
Cinderella is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Mar 19, 08:07 PM  
Link to this Post
MinnieMrsA
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Cinderella View Post
I love the Polynesian 👍
I wish we could afford to stay there!
Old 31 Mar 19, 05:06 PM  
Link to this Post
lumosq102
Excited about Disney

feeling poorly on hols is ghastly - fingers crossed its swiftly resolved! enjoying reading your TR. I have to say, the cold in WDW feels much harsher than in the UK - i think its the humidity, turn it cold and chills you right to the bone.
lumosq102 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Mar 19, 05:10 PM  
Link to this Post
MinnieMrsA
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by lumosq102 View Post
feeling poorly on hols is ghastly - fingers crossed its swiftly resolved! enjoying reading your TR. I have to say, the cold in WDW feels much harsher than in the UK - i think its the humidity, turn it cold and chills you right to the bone.
Agreed - especially when you expect it to be warm! Glad you are enjoying reading along!
Old 1 Apr 19, 11:07 AM  
Link to this Post
Palm trees
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

i missed this day of your report. What a shame to be feeling poorly but you still seemed to keep busy and got lots done. I'm excited to see Toy story land, the rides look great!
Palm trees is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List