Notices
TV and Film This forum is for those DIBB members that want to discuss TV and Films.

Old 3 Apr 19, 09:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Dinglebert
Imagineer

Dinglebert's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
TV Series of my youth. Which programme is this?

Will try to keep this to the point. I looked something up on the interweb this evening and ended up surfing well away to TV series I remember from my youth. I jumped from the Double Deckers and went backward to those rather strange foreign TV series the BBC used to show.

I was surprised by how few episodes of Robinson Crusoe there were actually made. I think the theme tune stuck more in memory than the show. The same goes for the Singing Ringing Tree which to this day is still just plain weird. White Horses again was the theme tune than the story.

However there is one series I just cannot remember either the name of, the theme tune to or indeed the story. Its bugging me so where better to go.

It was shown during the summer holidays ala Sining Ringing Tree, Robinson Crusoe and was a badly dubbed series based around I seem to remember French Jet Fighter pilots.

Am I having a complete memory failure or did this exist?
Dinglebert is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Apr 19, 09:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

My favourite of the badly dubbed tv shows was Flashing Blade. I think I also enjoyed the theme tune as much as the show.
Can’t think of a show with fighter pilots though.
Smilesonfaces is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Apr 19, 09:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Nicksgirl
Imagineer

Follyfoot ?
Econolodge Hawaiian Maingate in its Hey Day ! Villa we won on "Big Breakfast". Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress. POFQ/Sheraton Safari.The wonderful Al Qasr - Dubai. 2008 Luxury and Romance in the wonderful Maldives in a Water Bungalow. 2009 Burj Al Arab/Atlantis/Al Maha.Dubai WOWWIEEE! 2010 5nts Disney's Old Key West/Contemporary./7nts Universals Portofino. 2012 Al Maha Desert Resort & Spa,Dubai and Italy. 2014 -Norfolk, Sirmione Italy, Burj Al Arab/Al Qasr, thank you to my wonderful husband.x
Nicksgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Apr 19, 09:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Nicksgirl
Imagineer

ooooops think I got that wrong. White Horses used to be my phones ringtone. x
Econolodge Hawaiian Maingate in its Hey Day ! Villa we won on "Big Breakfast". Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress. POFQ/Sheraton Safari.The wonderful Al Qasr - Dubai. 2008 Luxury and Romance in the wonderful Maldives in a Water Bungalow. 2009 Burj Al Arab/Atlantis/Al Maha.Dubai WOWWIEEE! 2010 5nts Disney's Old Key West/Contemporary./7nts Universals Portofino. 2012 Al Maha Desert Resort & Spa,Dubai and Italy. 2014 -Norfolk, Sirmione Italy, Burj Al Arab/Al Qasr, thank you to my wonderful husband.x
Nicksgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Apr 19, 09:17 PM  
Link to this Post
pinman_uk
Having Dinner with Goofy

if you google
French Jet Fighter pilots tv show
you get :
The Aeronauts was a French children's TV series about two fighter jet pilots in French Air Force, Michel Tanguy (Jacques Santi) and Ernest Laverdure (Christian Marin) and their adventures.

Wikipedia & IMDb links after you google it
Old 3 Apr 19, 09:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by Nicksgirl View Post
ooooops think I got that wrong. White Horses used to be my phones ringtone. x
I loved White Horses too !
Smilesonfaces is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Apr 19, 09:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Nicksgirl
Imagineer

My fav was "Children of the Stones" terrified the life out of me. xxx
Old 3 Apr 19, 09:45 PM  
Link to this Post
FlorayG
Imagineer

FlorayG's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 9

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 1
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Mobile

I don't remember anything about fighter pilots and that's my era. I much preferred Belle, Sebastian and the Horses to Follyfoot which I just remember as 'that woman crying all the time'
FlorayG is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Apr 19, 11:01 PM  
Link to this Post
thefergies
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Chair1519 View Post
Will try to keep this to the point. I looked something up on the interweb this evening and ended up surfing well away to TV series I remember from my youth. I jumped from the Double Deckers and went backward to those rather strange foreign TV series the BBC used to show.

I was surprised by how few episodes of Robinson Crusoe there were actually made. I think the theme tune stuck more in memory than the show. The same goes for the Singing Ringing Tree which to this day is still just plain weird. White Horses again was the theme tune than the story.

However there is one series I just cannot remember either the name of, the theme tune to or indeed the story. Its bugging me so where better to go.

It was shown during the summer holidays ala Sining Ringing Tree, Robinson Crusoe and was a badly dubbed series based around I seem to remember French Jet Fighter pilots.

I was a big Double Deckers fan as a kid. That and Banana Splits. Happy days.
thefergies is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Apr 19, 11:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Vinniecat
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Chair1519 View Post

Sorry I've no idea a the show and the only singing ringing tree I've heard of is a sculpture in Burnley.
Vinniecat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List