Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 18 Apr 19, 07:47 PM  
Link to this Post
karalma
Imagineer

The Greatest Place in the World (not WDW) Day 11 A Goodnight Kiss

I slept through but fitfully. Usually I’ve adjusted to the time difference by now but this year seems difficult. This could be due to my sinus difficulties. I had the same problems this time last year so starting to wonder if it could be a pollen allergy.

I had set the alarm for 6.30 and we were on our way to Universal by 7.30. Matt had decided he needed to spend the day at home working on finishing an essay he needed to submit. We saw a lovely sunrise on the way.

The traffic was not too bad today and we arrived for 8.15 and were entering the park by 8.30. We browsed the shops while we waited to be allowed in and I had to buy a caramel and nut marshmallow pop. At 8.50 the barriers came down and Darren and Alix were off. I browsed a little longer and met them off RRR at 9.00. This gave us a good head start on the crowds. We then Rode JF and I loved it as much the second time.

Alix had persuaded me to try the Mummy, telling me it was no worse than Everest. I enjoyed it so much that we rode twice. Such a shame I had never tried it before. Gringotts was 90 minutes but Alix and I walked on using single rider. Somehow Alix and I missed picking up the 3D glasses but I was given some as I walked on but Alix wasn’t. The CM did say she could ride again but she declined so when we came off Alix persuaded Darren to go back on with her. I had a seat, listened to a singer and took some pics.

Last but not least was MIB. Simpsons was 20 minutes so we didn’t bother waiting. We then had our longest queue waiting for butterbeer but it was worth the wait. I had hoped to ride Jimmy Fallon again but for some reason it was virtual line only and we didn’t want to wait. We were finished by 11.00 and headed out, slowing down now to enjoy the scenery and we spotted these trees covered in Mardi Gras beads.

We picked up a a Dominos pizza for lunch and went back to the villa for a lovely relaxing afternoon in the pool, hot tub and games room.

Tonight was my favourite park, Magic Kingdom. Matt had decided to stay home again. We left around 6.40 and arrived by monorail at 7.30. I did sulk a bit about this as I love arriving by ferry but the ferry had just left and the monorail was standing there. I soon got over it though.

Darren and Alix headed to Space Mountain while I strolled in taking in the atmosphere and taking pics. It was quite a wait for their FP but I didn’t mind having a wander.

Generated from my Apple iPad using tools.sportscard.trade

Next was BTM and it wasn’t too long to wait. I love BTM at night. We then found a seat along the walkway by the river to watch HEA. This was a quiet area, with seating and a great view, if you don't mind the fireworks not being over the Castle. I really enjoyed sitting in peace and quiet watching this beautiful show, even if I do still prefer Wishes.

Final ride was SDMT. When we finished it was nearly closing so we headed for the shops.

Generated from my Apple iPad using tools.sportscard.trade

On the way we realised the castle projection show was on so we stopped to watch. Again we had a great view as lots of people had left. We hadn’t enjoyed this before but this time we loved it, probably because we had such a great view.

We browsed the shops and Alix bought a Meeko from Pocahontas, a crispy treat and recyclable bags. As Alix was paying I stepped out onto Main Street and I finally got to see the Kiss Goodnight. I have wanted to see this for ages and didn’t expect to tonight so this was a pleasant surprise. Although not spectacular I am glad I have seen it.

We left at 10.30 and as most of the crowds had dispersed I expected it to be easier to get back to the TTC but when we left the park we couldn’t believe the crowds. It was a long time since we had left this late as we usually try to be first out but I thought by waiting it would be quieter - it wasn’t! Darren and Alix were not happy! I then remembered the resort monorail went to TTC and I hoped it hadn’t changed. We managed to get on the second monorail and at the other end we had a little wait for the trams. Matt called while we were on the tram as he was getting concerned as we were so late. Finally we reached the car at 11.20 and fortunately the traffic home was light and only took 20 minutes. We chatted to Matt for a few minutes while he posed with Meeko and we were in bed for midnight.

This was my favourite evening of the holiday. I am the only one that likes MK so I am only allowed to go once but I don’t mind this as it makes it more special.
karalma is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Apr 19, 02:40 PM  
Link to this Post
summersun
Imagineer

summersun's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
great report x
http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/show...=gonna+get+wed
our dreams can come true pre trip report nov 14 cbbr nov 14
summersun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List