Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 15 Oct 09, 01:32 AM  
Link to this Post
rummy63
VIP Dibber

Jilly and Willy's First. Meemee's 6th Day 1

Well I've been fiddling about with this link thing for a week now and I just cant do it. So I have started in a new thread. I did the travel day on October 8th.
The cast

Me 52 years been to Florida 10 times. So tight I only breathe in and have slight OCD.
Alan OH. 52 years Driver and pathfinder
Me Mother. (Madam Meemee) 75 years, been 6 times, ailments to numerous to mention. Uses an ECV otherwise known as the COC (Chariot of Carnage)
Brother Willy .50 years first time in Florida
His wife Jilly 50 years Has rheumatoid athritus, doesn't let it get her down. (Another first timer).

12/9/09
Up about 5.30 this morning, showed a bit of willing and did a few lengths in the pool. Jilly and Meemee had a tablet taking contest to see who was on the most medication.
Anyway by 8.ooam we were on the road. We went to the Golden Corral on the 192. cost 50 dollars (inc)
Now I know this isn't everybodies cup of tea but I have tried them all and find this one the best for the price. Of course being in the business I know I can cook it for a fraction of the price and this does my head in.
Jilly was in heaven with the strawberrries, cream and cakes. The American style of eating really suits her.
The server kept bringing her more plates and boy did she keep using them.
When we finally got ouside it was raining.
Called to Walmart for some plastic macs. I didnt buy the dollar polythene ones I really splashed out and bought navy plastic ones for 3.96. I even bought one to keep the C.O.C dry.

Arrived Universal 10.am. Bulletin boards reporting 40 minutes wait on rides. BIG FAT LIE. Just a ruse to get people to buy fast passes.

1st up
ET. Walk on

Me and Al flanked MEEMEE in case she fell off. Our Willy and Jilly sat behind us next to a pleasant looking couple in their 40's.
We set off. Next thing the bloke next to our Willy started shouting.
They're gaining on us.!
We aint gonna make it!
We made it!
Way to go buddy
You're the man ET.!
When ET was finally saved he was punching the air shouting Yeee ah!
He even waved tara to ET's dad.!
Here mate you're on a PRETEND bike and you have just PRETENDED to repatriate ET. You haven't just landed in yer Chinouk and single handedly liberated Helmond province.

Next up Terminator (timed it right)

Now I know this ride has its knockers. But I like anything where I can get my bum on a seat. I also love 3D.
Though I have to say I was very dissapointed with the live Arnie. He was only as big as the live Sarah Conner, and he had a fat rrs. I thought he had panniers on his motorbike then I realised it was his cheeks hung over the sides.
He didn't do that run through the audience either and I know why. We would have all realised they had used a Ronnie Corbett look alike instead of an Arnie.
I know there's a credit crunch on but you would have thought a place like Universal could have sprung for a better Arnie.
Note to diary must e mail universal.

Next up Disaster walk on.

The bloke that did the casting was good. His interaction with the Christopher Walken hologram was brilliant.
The cast were crap. Why oh why do people volunteer to do stuff and not do it right?
YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE IN A DISASTER MOVIE!
You dont just stand there grinning at your family.
When called to action.
Don't just stand there waving your arms around with a silly grin on your face. You look like a drunken uncle at a wedding trying to do the Birdie song.
The underground bit was good.
Now I have had an idea how to jazz this attraction up a bit at no extra cost. Put all the volunteers in the train that crashes. That would wipe the silly grin off their faces.
Or sign the bloke up that was on ET. He could have showed them how it was done.
Perhaps not though,he would probably 'call up an air strike.
Note to diary. Must E mail Universal.

Stopped raining.

Next up Jaws 15 mins. (Because we had the COC they let us use the back passage.)
Now I like this ride but only if I get a man. (We got a woman).
I know they're speaking English but I just can't tell what a woman is saying.
Another thing when they shoot Jaws they just do a bit of bobbing about and pop the gun in the air.
Its quite obvious they have missed Jaws.
Where as a man will thrash about wildly. Then he carefully takes aim and fires.
Its a hunter protector thing, and I'm afraid women just haven't got it.
Makes the whole thing more enjoyable if you get a man.
Note to Diary Must E mail Universal.

Next up Men In Black

Hey ho the screw up fairies have been. Its broke.
Or perhaps that silly mare on Jaws has shot Will Smith.

At some point during this day we did stop and throw a drink and a biscuit down but it can't have been too expensive, exceptionally good or poor otherwise I would have noted it.

Stopped to watch The Blues brothers they also threw in a bit of Elvis. But they were good so they got away with it.

At this point I noticed a couple in their 30's whizzing around on hired ECVs both carrying pints of beer.
Now I know some people are poorly and it doesn't show. These 2 can't be that poorly if they can drink beer in the red hot sun.
This really pees me off.
All the parks are really good with disabled people (I know because of MeeMee).
I think some people hire ECVs just to get better treatment or are too lazy to walk. All the parks should demand to see some kind of evidence of disability before allowing people to use ECVs/wheelchairs.
Note to diary I will e mail Universal.

Next up The Simpsons 20 min wait and worth it.
MeeMee sat it out declaring "They would have to carry her out in a box".

We were going to see shrek next but there was a big Q. We went on disaster instead. For some reason our Willy declared this was his favourite of the day. Weird that.
I was going to say perhaps he has a thing for mad cows dangling on a rope but Jilly might read this.

We came out of there to be greeted by thousands of people all teaming into the park. Apparently there was a 2 day Christian festival on. They all had red tee shirts on saying Jesus saves ( I bet he wasnt with the Northern Rock).
We decided to call it a day, trouble was, we were trying to get out and all these people were pouring in.
Meemee saved the day she set off on the COC and paved the way through the crowd. She was like Moses parting the red sea.
We had dinner back at the villa (already prepared this morning). We then stayed in. We are the kind of people who actually look forward to a dull evening in. Bed 12.00. Tomorrow Walmart and Epcot.
rummy63 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 09, 04:12 AM  
Link to this Post
fiona3103
Imagineer

fiona3103's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
What a great start to your hols, I do believe Im going to enjoy reading your trippie!
fiona3103 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Mar 10, 11:14 AM  
Link to this Post
Irishrover
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 19
Guidebook Reviews: 1
LMAO

Arnie, with the big bum

As for the rv riders with the beer, that would be me then. You can be poorly and an alchoholic.

Bren

Irishrover is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Mar 10, 08:20 PM  
Link to this Post

You have such a way with words

The red T shirts and the parting of the red sea!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Apr 10, 08:32 PM  
Link to this Post

Really enjoying this! Unfortunately I have lots of work to do tonight and I fear that I might not be able to drag myself away to do it!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Apr 10, 11:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Helen J
Imagineer

great fun - really enjoying reading these.
Old 10 May 10, 02:03 AM  
Link to this Post
rummy63
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Irishrover View Post
LMAO

Arnie, with the big bum

As for the rv riders with the beer, that would be me then. You can be poorly and an alchoholic.

Bren

Yes I know Meemee is one of them
rummy63 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 May 10, 10:14 AM  
Link to this Post
Rugg#1
Getting Excited

Great stuff!
Rugg#1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Oct 10, 09:00 AM  
Link to this Post
Ilovesnowwhite
Imagineer

A brilliant first day well done Meemee for getting you out of the park (said in the voice of the man you met on ET)
xx
Old 30 Oct 10, 09:09 AM  
Link to this Post
Cinnabon
Imagineer

Great day. Love the parting of the sea.