Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 20 Sep 20, 09:39 AM  
Link to this Post
#11
PoohBears#1fan
VIP Dibber
 
PoohBears#1fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 03
That's really rubbish, have you tried online chat with them or calling them?

I own at CCV, whilst we mainly book 1 beds, I did book a studio for 8 nights during the 1st week of December 2019 (a VERY popular time) at 11 months with no issues.

I'd speak to them direct and waitlist the outstanding nights.
__________________

DVC owner since 2002.
Many trips since '92 incl. ASMu, ASMo, ASSp, BCV, OKW, HRH, Drop Anchor Resort, Islamorada BWV, AKL - Kidani & Jambo, BLT, Vero Beach, THVs, SSR, RPR, BRV, CCV, PVBWild Africa Trek photo report

PoohBears#1fan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 20, 09:53 AM  
Link to this Post
#12
Br'er Bear
slightly serious Dibber
 
Join Date: May 13
Originally Posted by sheppard View Post
Thanks for your replies. Doesnít help that the booking part of the website is down so canít look ourselves at what is available so had to be done over the phone.

Just keeping our fingers crossed.
Like Mr Tom Morrow we've just tried and can progress to making a booking, we're using Safari.

In the last 5-minutes also noticed the availability changed for August, currently the 12,15,16,17,18,19 is unavailable in a Studio with Walk-In Shower.

You might find that a number of members are walking their reservations but for a later date than what you require.

So worth being online at 12.55pm each day and booking whatever becomes available at 1.00pm but keep refreshing your search for at least 20-mins.

Not sure of your dates or what you have booked so far but at the moment the 20th is available so if you are one of the lucky ones you might be able to book the 20th onwards but make sure you are set up and searching before 12.59 and keep refreshing. At 1.00 exactly you'll have as much chance as all the others of booking the 20th.

And depending on what you book use both your waitlist and for smaller periods, so if you were looking for 3-nights then waitlist for 1-night and for 2-nights so to gradually build.

So suggest keeping checking at 1.00pm over the next 7-10 days and if members are walking their reservations then you will see nights prior to 20th becoming available.

Good luck and hope you sort out the web site issue
Br'er Bear is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 20, 12:56 PM  
Link to this Post
#13
Br'er Bear
slightly serious Dibber
 
Join Date: May 13
Originally Posted by sheppard View Post
Never thought we would be in this position but tried to book our August 2021 trip today at our home resort of Copper Creek to be told some of our dates were fully booked!

We are gutted especially after having to cancel this years August trip.
Hi and hope you have sorted out your web site issue as it's nearing 1.00pm.

If not and we don't want to state the obvious but have you tried all your devices, even old ipad/phones, if so then what about asking if you can use a device of a very close neighbour, or of a family member living close-by.

If it sill doesn't work then seems ike the problem is with your account so maybe try calling Technical and Website Support at 0800 16 90 749 (UK) 1800 812 677 (IE), that's the number for the Disney World web site not DVC as can't find one for DVC tech problems. While they might not be able to help they might be able to direct you to another department.

All the best.
Br'er Bear is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 20, 02:22 PM  
Link to this Post
#14
Br'er Bear
slightly serious Dibber
 
Join Date: May 13
Looks like members are walking their reservations as prior to 1.00pm the 12,15,16,17,18 & 19 were fully booked in a Studio with Walk-In Shower.

At 1.00pm and for at least 5-minutes you could book the 20th August onwards, but at 2.17pm when we next checked the following dates were fully booked, 16,17,18,19 and 20.

So the 12th and 15th opened up.
Br'er Bear is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 20, 02:57 PM  
Link to this Post
#15
PoohBears#1fan
VIP Dibber
 
PoohBears#1fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 03
Originally Posted by Br'er Bear View Post
Looks like members are walking their reservations as prior to 1.00pm the 12,15,16,17,18 & 19 were fully booked in a Studio with Walk-In Shower.

At 1.00pm and for at least 5-minutes you could book the 20th August onwards, but at 2.17pm when we next checked the following dates were fully booked, 16,17,18,19 and 20.

So the 12th and 15th opened up.
I really wish they'd find a way to stop walking, I'm convinced it causes more problems than it actually solves.
__________________

DVC owner since 2002.
Many trips since '92 incl. ASMu, ASMo, ASSp, BCV, OKW, HRH, Drop Anchor Resort, Islamorada BWV, AKL - Kidani & Jambo, BLT, Vero Beach, THVs, SSR, RPR, BRV, CCV, PVBWild Africa Trek photo report

PoohBears#1fan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 20, 03:20 PM  
Link to this Post
#16
sheppard
Thread Starter
Getting Excited
 
Join Date: Jul 12
It appears it is just us with the issue. Tried apple, android, chrome book, laptop, on WiFi, off WiFi.

We can log in ok but it is only when we try to book. Member services are not being very helpful as suggesting clearing history etc. They donít seem to get that we are missing out on booking our dates as can only ring up at the moment so everyone is beating us to them. We managed to get the first 2 dates after todayís call.

IT department is shut today but we have sent an email but will be back on the phone tomorrow.

The stress levels in the house are through the roof!
__________________
Katie
CBR - Now Port Orleans Riverside - August 2017
CBR - August 2016/All Star Sports - August 2015/CBR - October 2014/Port Orleans - February 2013
sheppard is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 20, 03:22 PM  
Link to this Post
#17
sheppard
Thread Starter
Getting Excited
 
Join Date: Jul 12
Originally Posted by Br'er Bear View Post
Hi and hope you have sorted out your web site issue as it's nearing 1.00pm.

If not and we don't want to state the obvious but have you tried all your devices, even old ipad/phones, if so then what about asking if you can use a device of a very close neighbour, or of a family member living close-by.

If it sill doesn't work then seems ike the problem is with your account so maybe try calling Technical and Website Support at 0800 16 90 749 (UK) 1800 812 677 (IE), that's the number for the Disney World web site not DVC as can't find one for DVC tech problems. While they might not be able to help they might be able to direct you to another department.

All the best.
Thanks will try ringing them.
__________________
Katie
CBR - Now Port Orleans Riverside - August 2017
CBR - August 2016/All Star Sports - August 2015/CBR - October 2014/Port Orleans - February 2013
sheppard is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 20, 05:20 PM  
Link to this Post
#18
Teach0778
Imagineer
 
Teach0778's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 08
Location: Ayrshire

Teach0778's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Keep trying. When I went to book my 3 weeks at Copper Creek in a studio (Late June till July) I couldnít get my dates but the next day I could. I think people were walking the reservation as eventually all of my dates did become available. Frustrating though that at 11 months you canít get your home resort!
My 3 weeks include July 4th so lots of people were walking I think 😩
__________________

Edited at 05:21 PM.
Teach0778 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 20, 05:49 PM  
Link to this Post
#19
YorkshireT
VIP Dibber
 
YorkshireT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 16
Location: God's Own Country
Originally Posted by sheppard View Post
It appears it is just us with the issue. Tried apple, android, chrome book, laptop, on WiFi, off WiFi.

We can log in ok but it is only when we try to book. Member services are not being very helpful as suggesting clearing history etc. They donít seem to get that we are missing out on booking our dates as can only ring up at the moment so everyone is beating us to them. We managed to get the first 2 dates after todayís call.

IT department is shut today but we have sent an email but will be back on the phone tomorrow.

The stress levels in the house are through the roof!
If you are trying multiple devices itís either a fault only affecting some users at their end or you or your ISP have a problem with maybe DNS or filtering maybe? These things often resolve on their own at ISP end if itís that.
We had it with Virgin and Fifa not so long ago for a day- all my sons friends could access it but Virgin had updated some code and had to fix it.
__________________
YorkshireT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 20, 09:24 PM  
Link to this Post
#20
2point
VIP Dibber
 
Join Date: Aug 04
Unavailability will be a bit rough IMO through August/September/October as walkers try to bag 50th Anniversary bookings.
2point is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 02:15 PM.


Powered by vBulletin - Copyright © 2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Latest News
Posted in Disneyland News
On 21st October 8:51am
Disneyland California is the only major Disney theme park to not reopen after all the... Read More »
Posted in Disney Shopping
On 18th October 9:02am
Disney has reduced the price of its large soft toys by up to 50%. Bargains... Read More »
Posted in Disney Offers
On 13th October 10:56am
Disney has released details of their UK & Ireland Early Booker promotion for Spring and... Read More »

theDIBB Menu


Exchange Rates
US Dollar Rates
ASDA  $1.2744
CaxtonFX  $1.2704
Covent Garden FX  $1.2830
FAIRFX  $1.2790
John Lewis  $1.2799
M&S  $1.2564
Post Office  $1.2551
Sainsburys  $1.2715
TESCO  $1.2747
Travelex  $1.2700
Updated: 13:00 27/10/2020
Euro Rates
ASDA  €1.0784
CaxtonFX  €1.0742
Covent Garden FX  €1.0870
FAIRFX  €1.0815
John Lewis  €1.0826
M&S  €1.0625
Post Office  €1.0615
Sainsburys  €1.0762
TESCO  €1.0784
Travelex  €1.0739
Updated: 13:00 27/10/2020

DIBB Premium Membership
Did you know you can help support theDIBB with Premium Membership?

Check out this link for more information and benefits, such as...

"No adverts on theDIBB Forums"

Upgrade Now