Notices

Old 21 Sep 20, 06:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Blue nose
Imagineer

School bubble isolating

DS has come home today as his year group are now isolating due to two positive cases last week.

The letter school has sent home has a link to the Gov covid pages for more information on what to do now.

This is what to do in event of a positive case or symptoms and has the whole household isolating. So not relevant as we don't have symptoms. I've contact school but guessing the Dibb experts can help more quickly.

I know we don't have to isolate, just DS, but does anyone have a link to the official guidance so I can read it?

Not sure if I should keep him in his room away from us. It feels really mean for him to have meals on his own.

Also, can my mum still visit? She's part of our bubble.
Blue nose is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 20, 06:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Willeve
Imagineer

Personally I would avoid having anyone else in the house just in case.
Willeve is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 20, 06:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Blue nose
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Willeve View Post
Personally I would avoid having anyone else in the house just in case.
I agree but with mum's mental health it's a balance.

If he had symptoms 100% she wouldn't be allowed in but would be at home isolating the same as us.

I need to find the official rules/guidance.
Blue nose is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 20, 06:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Beth_Disney
VIP Dibber

Beth_Disney's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
This might be helpful - nhs.uk/conditions/corona...s-coronavirus/
Beth_Disney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 20, 07:59 PM  
Link to this Post
kathrynmc
Very Serious Dibber

We received this from my daughters school.

ps-connect.cloud/a/?a=vfz0r7&b=119445991
kathrynmc is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 20, 08:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile

My youngest is 7. He has been isolating since last Tuesday because a boy in his class is positive.
We have kept him in but not in a room on his own however we have kept him away from our daughter who is diabetic. She is 17 so after college & dance she is happy to be in her room for a rest.
My mum is on her own and in our bubble. She is very down at the moment. She called round yesterday to wave at him through the window and have a quick chat with my husband and I in the garden.
He us actually looking forward to going back to school, he is crawling the walls at the moment.
Floridatilly is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 20, 10:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Tweety1
Imagineer

Anyone even know how these kids are supposed to be doing exams as this is the start of the bubbles isolating! Anyone heard about exams?
Old 22 Sep 20, 09:19 AM  
Link to this Post
Life is a beach
Earning More Ears

Mobile

My daughter was sent home a week ago, we stopped all visitors to the house and we havenít been anywhere to see anyone, she is in the living room with us as I couldnít keep her in her room , she has autism and hates being alone. My husband is working at home and I come into the office, Iíve not even seen my eldest daughter who lives away from home. I wanted to be as safe as possible just in case
Life is a beach is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 20, 09:28 AM  
Link to this Post
JamesL
VIP Dibber

JamesL's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
This is an extract from the letter we received from School for DS when they had to self isolate.

"If you have been informed that your child is a contact of a person who has had a positive test result for coronavirus (COVID-19), medical advice is clear: your child must immediately self-isolate at home for 14 days from the date of their last contact with them Friday 11th of September.
There is no requirement for other members of your household to self-isolate unless anyone in your household starts to develop symptoms"

We haven't treated him any differently in the house, he just isn't going out.
Old 22 Sep 20, 11:53 AM  
Link to this Post
Very Serious Dibber

123's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by JamesL View Post
This is an extract from the letter we received from School for DS when they had to self isolate.

"If you have been informed that your child is a contact of a person who has had a positive test result for coronavirus (COVID-19), medical advice is clear: your child must immediately self-isolate at home for 14 days from the date of their last contact with them Friday 11th of September.
There is no requirement for other members of your household to self-isolate unless anyone in your household starts to develop symptoms"

We haven't treated him any differently in the house, he just isn't going out.
That doesn't sound like self-isolation. That sounds like being grounded.

Self Isolation means you and he should also be taking steps to avoid contact with each other
123 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List