Notices

Old 21 Sep 20, 09:18 PM  
Link to this Post
MarkUK
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Dougie View Post
Same theory that it can spread to old people... unless they look after Granchildren 🤷.
Itís about attempting to minimise risk whilst still allowing people to carry on with a somewhat normal life. Would you prefer the alternative?
MarkUK is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 20, 10:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Dougie
Imagineer

Dougie's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by MarkUK View Post
Itís about attempting to minimise risk whilst still allowing people to carry on with a somewhat normal life. Would you prefer the alternative?
How is it minimising the risk when the parents are out at work ( mingling with strangers) then living with their children , who then go to Grandma and/or Grandpa for a few hours ?
Dougie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 20, 10:59 PM  
Link to this Post
MarkUK
Apprentice Imagineer

How is it minimising the risk when the parents are out at work ( mingling with strangers) then living with their children , who then go to Grandma and/or Grandpa for a few hours ?
Iím not even going to attempt to quantify in words such a response apart from asking you to read again what you have just written. If you take this stance then thereís surely no need for any restrictions at all!

Edited at 11:03 PM.
MarkUK is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 20, 07:11 AM  
Link to this Post
mrsbenny
Imagineer

I think people assume grandparents are old. I work for the NHS and so does my mam. We live in the north east so on the local lockdown rules. My 10 year old goes to my mams two days a week after school. My mam is only 63, still very fit and works as a nurse. If my mam couldnít watch him an hour after school I would have to finish an hour earlier to look after him. Which wouldnít go down very well with bosses. I find NHS where I work arenít very family friendly.
I donít go to my mams I wait along the street and text to let her know I am there. I wouldnít go into my mams home. I am sticking completely to the rules.

Edited at 07:13 AM.
mrsbenny is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 20, 07:15 AM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

I do think Grandparents who still work (so are accustomed to a routine of distancing at work) and Grandparents who are retired so not having to comply on a daily basis to the same extent probably see things differently.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 20, 07:18 AM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Workplaces have distancing and sanitising processes firmly in place , family homes not so much.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 20, 02:05 PM  
Link to this Post
jobelly
Imagineer

Itís minimising the risk for the country or area as a whole over many millions of people, by reducing as much exposure as possible. Itís stopping the grandparents who are having contact with their grandchildren as visitors but allowing those who act as childcare to do that. Yes risk would be lessened if all contact with grandchildren were stopped but then many parents wouldnít be able to work and the country couldnít go on as many of those people are Nhs workers and police who do shifts. Even if theyíre not people need to work for the money and often canít afford or donít have option for other childcare.
Old 23 Sep 20, 06:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Alices Aunt
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by caj View Post
And why should we not ? ... christmas is possible to be special anyway. Other faiths have missed their festivals. Easter was in lockdown.
I completely agree with this. Make the best of what you have but the same people who are criticising other faiths are now talking about the breaking the rules. Madness. Iím not talking about the dibb I think but what I hear elsewhere.
Alices Aunt is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List