Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 21 Sep 20, 05:12 PM  
Link to this Post
JudyC
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Fluffypenguin View Post
Update- Iíve made my decision, my notice will be handed in tomorrow. Onwards and upwards and all that...
I think now you've made the decision it'll be a weight off your mind. You know the truth and that's what matters. Unfortunately a lot of us are just a number as an employee and easily dispensable. Make time for yourself now as well as caring for your Mum and when the time is right you can look for a new job.
93 94 03 DLP
JudyC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 20, 05:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Fluffypenguin
Getting to know the DIBB

Originally Posted by JudyC View Post
I think now you've made the decision it'll be a weight off your mind. You know the truth and that's what matters. Unfortunately a lot of us are just a number as an employee and easily dispensable. Make time for yourself now as well as caring for your Mum and when the time is right you can look for a new job.
Thank you! Yes itís a shame, my other half works for a very small company (7 employees altogether) and theyíre like a proper little family, if i could find something like that I would be very happy. At least I am out of it now and I can relax.
Fluffypenguin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 20, 05:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Fluffypenguin
Getting to know the DIBB

Originally Posted by Pino_Spetzberg View Post
Good luck for the future.
Thank you!
Fluffypenguin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 20, 06:31 PM  
Link to this Post
djewkes
Imagineer

Update- Iíve made my decision, my notice will be handed in tomorrow. Onwards and upwards and all that...
Good luck for the future... I had a disciplinary in a previous job a few years back, I spent 5 months close to a nervous breakdown, I too handed my notice in, the disciplinary went on without me... to be honest I couldnít have cared less, it was such a weight of my shoulders... it didnít stop me getting another job (or two) a couple of years later I landed my current job, Iíve never worked with such nice people, itís well paid, I work the hours that suit me and Iím now able to work from home and I feel valued by the company and my managers...
Iím telling you all this to show that things usually work out for the best... and I sure they will for you too...
Sending hugs...

May 2012 3 weeks Highgate villa, RPR & Barefoot Beach Resort
May 2010 2 weeks The Point Orlando Resort & Clearwater
djewkes is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 20, 06:46 PM  
Link to this Post
400ixl
Imagineer

Mobile

Sad to hear that you have felt the need to resign, but can understand why.

Good luck for the future and enjoy spending time with your mum.
400ixl is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 20, 11:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Feebee2
Imagineer

I think I'd say give me 6 months salary and I'll be off. Believe me they will not want to risk sacking you, never mind what evidence they think they have.
Also mention the work was damaging to your mental health and support would have been good.
Feebee2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 20, 06:25 AM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

My work record was excellent before this, thatís what is so upsetting really. The tech issues are on going and nope no one has been to check.
Ugh, they really are trying it on.
I work in a similar set up but permanently not just since lockdown . Comms issues do happen.
What resolved the issue in the end ?
You said you had ďline issuesĒ , were these reported to your phone provider and resolved by them ? If so get them to confirm them in writing (with some providers you may need to do it as an official request for everything on your account under the freedom of information act).
Some companies know they will need to cut back staff and HR are pushing every issue , call evasion is a common one.
It is horrible and upsetting but without another job to go to I really wouldnít quit ďwhilst under investigationĒ as it is likely to mess up references.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 20, 06:41 AM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Feebee2 View Post
I think I'd say give me 6 months salary and I'll be off. Believe me they will not want to risk sacking you, never mind what evidence they think they have.
Also mention the work was damaging to your mental health and support would have been good.
For a call centre job , wouldnít happen , they know most people wonít go to a tribunal ( most win when they do with call centres so people should).
I was sacked under the most ridiculous situation , even my line managers were telling me it was daft and Iíd never be sacked. Basically HR messed up with an hours change and despite sheaves of emails from me asking them to sort things they ignored them and ended up with them claiming Iíd missed shifts I was never meant to work. I said I would appeal it and was told to appeal to the person who had made the original mistake (yeah right) I waited til their boss came back from holiday , she reinstated me within 24 hours (although as they were so efficient removing my log ins I ended up with a total of a month off paid before they got everything back on the system.
Ultimately had I needed to go to a tribunal I would have as it was farcical however I know lots of people who didnít and should have . Even knowing I was right and would ultimately win it did have a horrible impact on my mental health so I do understand why people donít but for me it was so unfair Iíd have regretted it if I hadnít stood up for myself . I suspect you might too if you just walk away.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 20, 07:42 AM  
Link to this Post
lizzie145
Imagineer

If I was your rep i would be asking for the hearing to be postponed and suggest that you are referred to occupational health as concerned about your mental health.

As your rep I would be ensuring that the evidence management has is robust and accurate and helping you with your response and evidence to prove your actions.

If you want to resign I would be speaking to them on your behalf and getting agreement in writing that they will not continue the process and to get a reference agreed.

The most important thing is your health and wellbeing
Old 22 Sep 20, 07:55 AM  
Link to this Post
FlorayG
Imagineer

FlorayG's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 9

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 1
Guidebook Reviews: 2
I can't offer any advice for your particular situation but part of my role is admin for disciplinaries - so I see all the evidence. So just a few observations here...
90% of the people under investigation resign before the date and it's obvious from the evidence that about 90% of THOSE are guilty as charged (and much more serious offences than the one you are charged with)
I find it odd that most of them also go on to get another job - in the same industry - very quickly (I hear back through people who knew them) so I can only assume that people decide to resign because if they do then the investigation and disciplinary is not mentioned on their record.
Also, when the evidence is inconclusive for the 10% who stick with it, those people almost always are vindicated and proved innocent
So sadly if people resign its assumed they were guilty even though quite possibly some of them aren't, they are just in the same situation you are in
Best wishes and hope you find a job you enjoy soon
FlorayG is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List