Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 21 Sep 20, 07:51 PM  
Link to this Post
antietam
Imagineer

Nationwide Travel Insurance?

On the site it says this

I have rebooked for August 2021 to USA , what does this mean for me

If I book a trip will I be covered for coronavirus (COVID-19)?- select this to hide related content
Your travel insurance will provide cover for events relating to COVID-19, such as emergency medical expenses abroad, cancelling or cutting short a trip, as long as you are not travelling against doctor’s advice and the FCO were not advising against travel both when you booked your trip and when you depart on that trip.

Travel insurance will only cover you for circumstances that you were not aware of when you booked the trip or were due to travel.

We recommend you read your policy terms and conditions for full details on what is and isn’t covered.

Am I covered for medical expenses if I catch coronavirus (COVID-19) while on holiday?- select this to hide related content
As long as you are not travelling against doctor’s advice and are not travelling to an area where the FCO has advised against all travel, then you will be covered for emergency medical expenses abroad including reasonable and necessary additional travel expenses that you may incur as a result of becoming ill.

If the FCO advice changes while you are on your trip, you will still be covered if you need to claim under the Emergency medical and travel costs section of cover.

Should i look elsewhere?

Edited at 07:52 PM.
antietam is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 20, 08:50 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I think it basically means that you won’t be covered for cancellation due to Covid even if the FCO guidance changes however you would be covered for medical expenses providing the guidance changes.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 20, 09:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Moorlandman
Imagineer

Moorlandman's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
You won’t be covered. Need to look elsewhere for cover - Staysure is recommended a few time’s in here
Moorlandman is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 20, 11:03 PM  
Link to this Post
kiwiinabd
Very Serious Dibber

I don't think any insurance will cover you for cancellation unless it was booked prior to March of this year !

I somehow doubt you will be travelling to the USA if the FCO guidance is still saying no travel.

If the FCO guidance changes to allow travel to the USA then your Nationwide insurance would be valid (minus the Covid cancellation)
kiwiinabd is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Sep 20, 08:58 PM  
Link to this Post
missymouse
slightly serious Dibber

I am with Nationwide and rang them to ask, yoh are basically covered for medical expenses whilst in the USA related to covid but not covered if you have to cancel due to Covid.
missymouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Sep 20, 09:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Moorlandman
Imagineer

Moorlandman's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by missymouse View Post
I am with Nationwide and rang them to ask, yoh are basically covered for medical expenses whilst in the USA related to covid but not covered if you have to cancel due to Covid.
Only when FCO advise is lifted
Moorlandman is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Sep 20, 08:16 AM  
Link to this Post
Bal
Imagineer

As far as I can tell there are no polices that cover cancellation where FCO advice was in place at booking and remains in place at time of travel. FCO have USA on a no travel advisory due to COVID. While providers will likely reschedule you under book with confidence policies and also you still likely have provider failure cover (def make sure you have this in this environment!) there are multiple reasons you may need cancellation cover including personal loss and redundancy etc.

Just be careful of some providers. I’ve seen people on here incorrectly saying insurers like Staysure etc cover in this circumstance, not helped by some sales people giving incorrect information it seems. (There are going to be some resellers in serious bother after this I feel)

Edited at 08:18 AM.
Bal is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List