Notices
Guest Services Site Questions, a tech query or just want to test something.

Old 10 Jun 20, 10:07 AM  
Link to this Post
katiebaz
Apprentice Imagineer

katiebaz's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Help to write a trip report

Hi I want to add a trip report but it is such a long time since I did I can't remember how to do it. I do remember there being a guide somewhere which helped with how to upload images, create an index etc but can't find it when I search.

If anyone can point me in the right direction I would be very grateful

Many thanks
katiebaz is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 20, 12:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridadreams
Imagineer

Mobile

I’d be interested in this too as I need to get started on my February report! I did a pre-trip but not sure now how to do an index etc
Floridadreams is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 20, 11:43 PM  
Link to this Post
walt4it
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 8
Don't be put off by how daunting it may seem - posting a trip report is easier than you think.

A how to guide written by Anne - click here to read

If you want to add photos just look in the little blue box below any text reply you are typing

Easy image upload

Browse ( find your photo on your phone or desktop)
Upload
then just get the cursor in place in the text and click on the photo that you see in that blue box.

takes a few times to get quick at it but you will soon get the hang of it.

You can always delete it if you get it wrong

If you have a pre trip report already posted you can move to the index stage really quickly as you have some thing to link and see if it all works

It is a labour of love and creates a timeless record of so many wonderful times

Look forward to reading your trip reports

Going out in a Blaze of Glory- Our Summer of Sorcery 2019 - COMPLETE! 4 Weeks, from The Yacht Club for 10 nights onto much more Florida fun too

All of our previous Trip reports and escapades can be read here.
walt4it is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jun 20, 12:43 AM  
Link to this Post
Floridadreams
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by walt4it View Post
Don't be put off by how daunting it may seem - posting a trip report is easier than you think.

A how to guide written by Anne - click here to read

If you want to add photos just look in the little blue box below any text reply you are typing

Easy image upload

Browse ( find your photo on your phone or desktop)
Upload
then just get the cursor in place in the text and click on the photo that you see in that blue box.

takes a few times to get quick at it but you will soon get the hang of it.

You can always delete it if you get it wrong

If you have a pre trip report already posted you can move to the index stage really quickly as you have some thing to link and see if it all works

It is a labour of love and creates a timeless record of so many wonderful times

Look forward to reading your trip reports
Thank you so much walt4it! I’m busy writing up my family record of our Universal and Disney trip. I’d love to put it on here as I got so many tips from The Dibb and the fabulous Dibbers for our first trip that I’d love to give back. I was all ready to do it when I got back, but then, yeah, we all know what happened! As people are starting to think about trips again I thought it might be helpful from a first-timer point of view. But then so much time had passed I forgot how to do it! Thank you
Floridadreams is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jun 20, 07:19 AM  
Link to this Post
katiebaz
Apprentice Imagineer

katiebaz's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Thank you so much that is really helpful
katiebaz is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jun 20, 07:56 AM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
It's wonderful writing trip reports as you get to reminisce about your holiday with other people who love Florida as much as you do. You also have those memories stored for a rainy day.

The practicalities are it takes a lot of time, well I suppose it depends on how much detail you go into and how many photos you want to include.

Waltforit already explained the image upload. To help with the index I usually create the index first and give it a brief outline of who we are and where we went, then I'll link in the pre trip report. To do this I have 2 pages of the dibb open at the same time with the index on one and the page I want to link on the other. I copy the url address from the pre trip page then in the index post you click on the little paperclip and paste the link you can write over the top so that the link isn't just internet speak so I usually rename the link to pre trip or whatever day it is I'm posting.

I hope all that makes sense, it's actually pretty easy to link posts together in the index.

Personally I prefer to write the day in a word document first as I've been caught out before with my internet going down so I don't just start the thread and type everything into the post box. I write the day, then leave it a few days go back and edit the day for mistakes and corrections and additions. Then I sort through the photos I want to include for the day. Then a few more days have passed and I start the post on here by copying and pasting from word. Then I upload photos and insert them in the right places.

I hope you do give it a go. It's great fun

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jun 20, 09:23 AM  
Link to this Post
Floridadreams
Imagineer

Mobile

Thanks Goldia. That makes sense so I’ll give it a try. I am writing a hard copy at the moment which I’ll add photos to as well but I like the idea of sharing it with others who love Disney too