Old 8 Jul 20, 09:08 AM  
Link to this Post
levtweeney
Apprentice Imagineer

levtweeney's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
Would you buy a car without a test drive? I wouldn't

Plus who goes from car dealer to car dealer before buying? I do.

As an aside the reason I will never buy from Curry's is their customer service is dire. Check out the threads on here spanning many many years.

The High St can beat the online stores if they try. John Lewis invariably gets my business because they price match.
Sorry but if you hate them that much why are you going in then? It just does not seem right to me to complain about a company you admit you you will never use but then do use. Confusing.
Old 8 Jul 20, 09:11 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

Mr Tom Morrow's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Originally Posted by levtweeney View Post
Sorry but if you hate them that much why are you going in then? It just does not seem right to me to complain about a company you admit you you will never use but then do use. Confusing.
I did say why I went in there. To view a Bosch fridge/freezer.

It's their fault they don't get a sale off me.
Poor customer service
Pushy sales staff
Overprices.

Address those issues and I would buy.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

'Morrow and Morrow. For the people dot com'

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jul 20, 09:13 AM  
Link to this Post
neilhd
VIP Dibber

I had my Sainsbury's delivery on Monday as normal. Every week I carry through the crates to my kitchen and unload it.

This time I picked up the crate and started to carry it inside and the guy yelled at me saying I was not allowed to do that as it was too risky.

This got my back up so much my belligerent, petulant side came out and I told him to take the whole order back.
Old 8 Jul 20, 09:15 AM  
Link to this Post
levtweeney
Apprentice Imagineer

levtweeney's Reviews
Originally Posted by neilhd View Post
I had my Sainsbury's delivery on Monday as normal. Every week I carry through the crates to my kitchen and unload it.

This time I picked up the crate and started to carry it inside and the guy yelled at me saying I was not allowed to do that as it was too risky.

This got my back up so much my belligerent, petulant side came out and I told him to take the whole order back.
OMG I can see me doing that Iím my own worst enemy lol
Old 8 Jul 20, 09:15 AM  
Link to this Post
Pumpkin Pie
Imagineer

We went out yesterday for our first proper shop that wasnít food at a retail park. It was not a pleasant experience. First shop I went into was Fat Face as I wanted to look at their childrenís clothes in the sale.. As soon as I picked up an item to look at an assistant rushed over and I was made to feel I should not have done that but the thing is all the rails were packed and you canít see anything unless you touch. We left quickly.

I queued outside a couple of other shops and then we drove round to TK Maxx/Homesense. Well there must have been around 100 outside waiting to go in so we just went home.

I canít be bothered with it all. The different rules in each shop, the security at the doors not moving out the way as you enter, the waiting, the no touching - it is just not worth the bother. It all takes up so much time so you have to really want to buy something rather than browse and buy on the spur of the moment.

I am not much of an online shopper so I will just not buy which I know will not help the high street. I donít know what the answer is.

Edited at 09:22 AM.
Pumpkin Pie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jul 20, 09:16 AM  
Link to this Post
munmun
VIP Dibber

Well for all you who think its ridiculous to look and buy elsewhere, I do this all the time, it makes perfect sense to me. Surely we all buy from the least expensive place once we have decided what we want.

Sorry, dont think its unusual at all.

I think Mr Ts point is that retail may not survive if we cant touch things. I really enjoy an occasional clothes shop but if I cant try things on in the shop then I will look and then order from home from the cheapest store and try on in the comfort of home and not carry bags of stuff around town.
munmun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jul 20, 09:22 AM  
Link to this Post
levtweeney
Apprentice Imagineer

levtweeney's Reviews
Originally Posted by munmun View Post
Well for all you who think its ridiculous to look and buy elsewhere, I do this all the time, it makes perfect sense to me. Surely we all buy from the least expensive place once we have decided what we want.

Sorry, dont think its unusual at all.

I think Mr Ts point is that retail may not survive if we cant touch things. I really enjoy an occasional clothes shop but if I cant try things on in the shop then I will look and then order from home from the cheapest store and try on in the comfort of home and not carry bags of stuff around town.
Iím sorry but I did not say this. My point is I thought it a bit rich to complain about a policy of no touching due to Covid when you never had the intention of buying. Why go in their if you hate the place so much then complain.

I totally agree with the point of being able to touch something like a fridge freezer before purchasing it however if that is the rules and even if we donít like them we should stick to them and not storm off. What if John Lewis has the same rules do we storm off from them and every other shop with Covid rules.

We cant help the Virus but donít blame the shops for having to have Covid related rules.
Old 8 Jul 20, 09:23 AM  
Link to this Post
disney332
Imagineer

Originally Posted by levtweeney View Post
The whole history ethos and evolution of retail shopping has been based upon, going in, looking, touching and then going out, and doing the same at a different store, before making a decision.

I rarely buy for the first shop I enter. In Law there is an implied contract between the buyer and seller of a product on a retail shelf, called the ĎInvitation to Treatí. There is no obligation to purchase anything until you get to the pay point.

It is not morally or practically wrong to continue this strategy in 2020, imho! even though the High Street is now up against ĎOn Line Storesí

Disney332
Old 8 Jul 20, 09:36 AM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
I went to Peterborough Friday , the only shops with queues were Disney store ( & everyone has to wear a mask or you canít go in ) and Primark , queued about 15 mins I think to get in .

Other shops like JD Sports , WH Smithís , Game , Entertainer had no queues and very few customers.

None seemed to be strict about touching stuff , I donít remember seeing any signs in any of the shops .

As a whole it was much quieter than a normal Friday though , the level of car park I used had just 2 cars parked .

IKEA Nottingham Saturday we had about a hours wait to get inside , pretty well organised inside though .

Definitely think some retailers will struggle though .
LA 2015. 2016.2017.2018.2019
Vegas 2004.06.11.12.13.14.15,16.17.18.19
daytonababe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jul 20, 09:47 AM  
Link to this Post
greekgranny
Imagineer

Sticking my head above the parapet, we always buy from Currys, does help that DH used to be a Service Engineer although not for them. We can buy what we want stick it in the back of the car and have it installed within a few hours, no hanging around waiting. ( not a fridge freezer obviously). We bought a duff dishwasher a few months ago, phoned them, took it back and it was replaced imediately. Havn't been whilst lockdown in progress but hopefully we would still be able to purchase freely.