Notices

Old 19 Sep 20, 10:15 AM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Virgin refund, normal? Update

Sorry for the strange title but I am not sure what to call this post 🤷

Our virgin flights got cancelled in May, we finally got hold of them and agreed on a full refund rather than vouchers on the 1st June (Over 4k). The flight was due 8th July from Manchester.

We have just had an email confirming the refund for one person, my husband (lead name on booking). No mention of the other 4 of us, so we are still waiting for over 3k.
The booking was done all at once for all 5 of us so I have no idea why they have done it this way. We will leave it a few days to see what happens and if nothing happens we will chase it up on Wednesday.
Has this happened to anyone else?
There must be some method in their madness 🤷

On a side note: we paid on our Virgin credit card which we no longer use as the air miles were worthless to us. Is it simple to move the money from that credit card to our normal bank account?

Edited at 10:25 PM.
Floridatilly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Sep 20, 10:18 AM  
Link to this Post
Princess104
Serious Dibber

Very simple to move from the credit card, I just went into my Virgin credit card account and emailed them, it was moved within a couple of days. It does say not to go through the option of where you can get money from your card paid into your account as they may charge you. So I just emailed told them how much and that if they was to charge I didn't want it moving but came back with no charge. Hope you understand.
Princess104 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Sep 20, 10:23 AM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
VIP Dibber

You have to claim for everyone on the booking not just the lead ie one flight I had booked was for me +1 so I (as lead) put in a claim for me AND the other PAX but we both had an option of voucher or refund so I took the voucher and my +1 the refund even though both booked by me and on same reference

Not sure why you say the VS air miles are worthless ?

Megaflyer

2020 is the year I decided to stand up to bullies and win

Edited at 10:43 AM. Reason: Spelling
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Sep 20, 10:48 AM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by megaflyer View Post
You have to claim for everyone on the booking not just the lead ie one flight I had booked was for me +1 so I (as lead) put in a claim for me AND the other PAX but we both had an option of voucher or refund so I took the voucher and my +1 the refund even though both booked by me and on same reference

Not sure why you say the VS air miles are worthless ?
We have claimed for the whole booking and given each individual name etc. Plus we are all under the same booking reference. X x

My wording was wrong regarding the air miles. They are pretty pointless for us as a family of five with set dates and airport. If that makes sense. We do pay with miles plus money but the miles allowed to use are minimal so no need for a virgin credit card.
Floridatilly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Sep 20, 10:59 AM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Floridatilly View Post
We have claimed for the whole booking and given each individual name etc. Plus we are all under the same booking reference. X x

My wording was wrong regarding the air miles. They are pretty pointless for us as a family of five with set dates and airport. If that makes sense. We do pay with miles plus money but the miles allowed to use are minimal so no need for a virgin credit card.
Oh I C as you can use he miles on hotels now which may help

headforpoints/2020/0...-rooms-kaligo/

Send them an email or WhatsApp about the refund - always good to give them a poke and I hope you hear back form them with answers that put your mind at ease

Megaflyer

2020 is the year I decided to stand up to bullies and win
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 20, 10:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile

Just had an email regarding the rest of the refund. So we should receive all monies back in 4-5 working days!
Finally get our 4100 back... requested on the 1st June. About time virgin 🤣👍🏻
Old 24 Sep 20, 09:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Wee_Red
Being a bit Goofy

Wee_Red's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 3
We're 2500 short but we're getting there with our refund! Still no bubble seats refunded
Wee_Red is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List