Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 20 Sep 20, 05:33 PM  
Link to this Post
janeywaney
VIP Dibber

janeywaney's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Originally Posted by Mymemories View Post
My DH is sure you should to the police.

Did you by chance get any photos of the other dog or the owner ?
No photos I’m afraid we were just trying to get that awful animal off Bonnie 😕 I have been trying to call 101 to report it but it’s just ringing out

Jane
August 06 All Star Sports, August 07 All Star Music, OKW August 08 OKW Nov 09 All Star Music Feb 10, OKW Sept 10 OKW Sept 2011 , OKW Nov 2013, Pop Cenury Sept 2014, OKW Sept 2015, OKW Nov 16, OKW Sept 17, OKW Aug 19
janeywaney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 20, 05:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Bazinga 39
Imagineer

Originally Posted by janeywaney View Post
Their dog was off the lead Bonnie was on hers, she is only 7 months old and a very small border collie that was a huge pit bull quite clearly not been controlled at all.

Jane
I really feel for you as this is one of my worst fears and I never let my dog of the lead because of this, I hope your dog makes a quick recovery.
Bazinga 39 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Link to this Post
BarryandCaron
Imagineer

BarryandCaron's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 15
Mobile

Oh Jane, that’s awful. No wonder you are all traumatised.

Definitely report it to the police. It’s been happening around our area too.
Link to this Post
Mazbar
Imagineer

Mazbar's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Originally Posted by janeywaney View Post
Their dog was off the lead Bonnie was on hers, she is only 7 months old and a very small border collie that was a huge pit bull quite clearly not been controlled at all.

Jane
Then their dog is dangerously out of control in a public space. You need to get in touch with your local dog warden and they will take it from there.
Mazbar is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 20, 05:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Big Belle
Imagineer

I think you should report this, it could be a child next time. Hope your dog makes a good recovery

DLP New Year 1993, May 05, Mar 07, Jan17 and Sept 22
Orlando 1986, 1991, 1994, 2008, 2012, 2015, 2017 & 2023
Big Belle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 20, 05:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Jennywren
VIP Dibber

So sorry to hear this, you must all be traumatised. Hope Bonnie and your DH are ok. Hope this link helps.

gov.uk/control-dog-public/report-a-dog
Jennywren is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 20, 05:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Mazbar
Imagineer

Mazbar's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 6
I’m not sure but a and e used to inform the police when they get a dog bite.
Mazbar is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 20, 05:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Vanillapod
Imagineer

Mobile

This makes me so angry. I hope you’re all ok.
A responsible owner would have given you their details and paid up for the treatment.
I also don’t believe a dog like that should be off the lead in public places.
You really must report it and definitely see if anyone on your local FB page can help. Someone may have been around the area at the same time who can shed some light on who the dog belongs to.

Our 2015 Food Trip Report http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=891973
Vanillapod is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 20, 05:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Jane I'm so sorry to read this, I think you live in my neck of the woods unless I'm mixing you up with another Jane, but I'd Definately be contacting local police on non emergency number and asking on local Facebook page especially one for the area you were walking in someone might be able to help, If you were walking in a local park or outdoor facility they might have park wardens might be worth contacting they might be aware if it's a regular walker if you give them a description. Really hope Bonnie is okay bless her and your OH too, bet you are all really shaken by it xxx
Megandllsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 20, 05:56 PM  
Link to this Post
4fromsuffolk
Very Serious Dibber

4fromsuffolk's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Really sorry to hear this, your poor Husband and little Bonnie. Definitely report this. I’m so sorry this has happened and hope your Husband and Bonnie recover quickly.
4fromsuffolk is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List