Notices

Old 21 Sep 20, 07:29 AM  
Link to this Post
Tinks2014
slightly serious Dibber

Chris Whitty and Patrick Vallance

They are doing a briefing at 11am today .. Maybe this is the way to go to try and get those that are not listening to the challenges ahead with autumn and winter approaching.
Tinks2014 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 20, 07:43 AM  
Link to this Post
Bootrip2
VIP Dibber

This is good, but where is Boris? They are likely to have excluded him in case he says something he shouldnt, we need to see a strong united front on this for most to get on board and take it seriously.
Old 21 Sep 20, 07:48 AM  
Link to this Post
Tinks2014
slightly serious Dibber

They are saying in the press that Boris is going to speak to the nation tomorrow ..
Tinks2014 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 20, 07:50 AM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 49
Mobile

Originally Posted by Bootrip2 View Post
This is good, but where is Boris? They are likely to have excluded him in case he says something he shouldnt, we need to see a strong united front on this for most to get on board and take it seriously.
It doesn’t work like that. If the PM wants to speak, the PM speaks.

This will be an attempt to make it apolitical and deliver a stern warning from “the experts”.

Hopefully it works, although there will undoubtedly be a group of people who:

- dismiss it anyway: “Boris Johnson made them say it”
- select alternative views from those in the scientific community because the message delivered doesn’t match their own perspective.

Part One
Part Two
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 20, 07:52 AM  
Link to this Post
johnandmaz
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Bootrip2 View Post
This is good, but where is Boris?
A question many have asked this past 8 months.

The papers have already been briefed by the Government (again) what's going to be said. We're all in the last chance saloon or lockdown awaits. I just wish they'd tell me what I'm doing wrong because honestly - I haven't got a clue.

But the tactic has worked. Most of us are now blaming ourselves, our neighbours or the people we see in the street. Takes attention away from any leadership, management or accountability issues. Job done.

Florida - 91, 93, 94, 95, 97, 01, 03, 05, 07 - twice, 09, 10, 12, 14, 16, 18, 21?
johnandmaz is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 20, 07:57 AM  
Link to this Post
Donz1979
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

I dont know the answer and not sure anyone actually does but surely it cant go on like this throughout winter. Local lockdowns, open again everyone goes back to what doin, lockdown again! It just seems crazy.
Donz1979 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 20, 08:00 AM  
Link to this Post
P&S
Imagineer

I'm glad they are doing this people need good clear information at this time to hopefully stop the panic buying and anxiety people are feeling.
Old 21 Sep 20, 08:01 AM  
Link to this Post
Sue
VIP Dibber

Sue's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 17
I’ve started to call Chris Whitty after Grima Wormtongue, the ‘advisor’ who dripped poison into the ear of the controlled King of Rohan in Lord of the Rings.
He is a real doomsayer, who only cares about this virus with seemingly no interest in the negative effects unrelated to actually having it, that affect people’s lives so badly (social, economic, psychological, basic human rights, just those trivial things).

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it may be necessary from time to time to give a stupid or misinformed beholder a black eye - Miss Piggy

7th Magical Trip - August /September 2008. FOOD & TRIP REPORTS

Route 66 and all that TRIP REPORTS

Edited at 08:05 AM.
Sue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 20, 08:06 AM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Sue View Post
I’ve started to call Chris Whitty after Grima Wormtongue, the ‘advisor’ who dripped poison into the ear of the controlled King of Rohan in Lord of the Rings.
He is a real doomsayer, who only cares about this virus with seemingly no interest in the negative effects unrelated to it, that affect people’s lives so badly (social, economic, psychological, basic human rights, just those trivial things).
I pay no attention to Whitty - he is a one horse race and not once has he cared about the effects on say mental health or the economy.

I wont be watching or taking heed form this Dominic Cummings arranged press Conference

Megaflyer

2020 is the year I decided to stand up to bullies and win
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 20, 08:07 AM  
Link to this Post
Bootrip2
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Bozza View Post
It doesn’t work like that. If the PM wants to speak, the PM speaks.

This will be an attempt to make it apolitical and deliver a stern warning from “the experts”.

Hopefully it works, although there will undoubtedly be a group of people who:

- dismiss it anyway: “Boris Johnson made them say it”
- select alternative views from those in the scientific community because the message delivered doesn’t match their own perspective.
I want it to work and pull evryone to line to do the right thing. There are too many people now who think its ok to break the rules. I havent agreed with all the rules either. I desperately want things to be ‘normal’ and be able to hug my mum, ive worked from home, ive gone back into work, ive not met in groups, ive washed and gelled my hands so often they are sore, DD is back at school, been sent home and returned as told, i dont believe i have done anything wrong or against the rules, i think i’m feeling lost because i couldnt have done any more. I think there should have at least been a proper weekly presentation of whats gone on and plan going forward rather than leaks/speculation through the press, i think their presentation and leadership has been at least unprofessional, and why the hell doesnt he brush his hair!