Notices

Old 21 Sep 20, 09:35 PM  
Link to this Post
legallyblonde
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

I saw a lady in a shop the other day wearing a lanyard that said she was exempt. I thought it was a good idea and anyone can get one of them made relatively cheap (if they are not already sold). I know they are not official but I thought it was a good idea to let people know (for their peace of mind more than anything from being harassed).
legallyblonde is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 20, 09:35 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
VIP Dibber

I’d recommend reading this-

news.sky/story/coronavir...gures-12078232

Couldn’t agree more with the conclusion- if the Professors have over egged the pudding on the message to scare people, it could do a lot of harm as people will say they’ve lost confidence in them, they give false figures etc. This will then reinforce the beliefs that we are being lied to, there’s no need to listen to them, and just ignore government etc. The dangerous thing is this then causes people to ignore the things most think is sensible, such as social distancing etc.

Something doesn’t add up about the 50k figure as this article points out.

Of course if it is 10k or 20k they could say ‘Our measures worked and it could have been 50k without them’.

Edited at 09:38 PM.
YorkshireT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 20, 09:44 PM  
Link to this Post
WhereIBelong
Imagineer

Originally Posted by legallyblonde View Post
I saw a lady in a shop the other day wearing a lanyard that said she was exempt. I thought it was a good idea and anyone can get one of them made relatively cheap (if they are not already sold). I know they are not official but I thought it was a good idea to let people know (for their peace of mind more than anything from being harassed).
You can buy them for £3 from the mask selling mobile stalls run by "entrepreneurs " in our high street.

Doing loads of business, the customers may all have legitimate exemptions of course.
WhereIBelong is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 20, 09:50 PM  
Link to this Post
legallyblonde
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by WhereIBelong View Post
You can buy them for £3 from the mask selling mobile stalls run by "entrepreneurs " in our high street.

Doing loads of business, the customers may all have legitimate exemptions of course.
Yes of course, but I suspect those that don’t care enough to not wear a mask when they have no genuine reason not to, would not bother to go the lengths to get a lanyard either!?
legallyblonde is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 20, 09:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Enchanted
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Tinkerbell View Post
Agreed

It’s simples really, either stay at home or comply. That’s what we do here

Edited
Exemptions accepted... out of interest if a one on here is an exception would you be offended if you were asked to show proof. It’s a very genuine question?
It really depends on the reason for exemption. I work with victims of DV. I know of more than one person unable to wear face coverings due to them being used to rape and seriously sexually abuse them. How would you suggest they show proof? Do you think it's appropriate they are asked to give that information to a stranger in front of others?

Not all exemptions are black and white.
Enchanted is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 20, 10:06 PM  
Link to this Post
MickeyYay
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
I’d recommend reading this-

news.sky/story/coronavir...gures-12078232

Couldn’t agree more with the conclusion- if the Professors have over egged the pudding on the message to scare people, it could do a lot of harm as people will say they’ve lost confidence in them, they give false figures etc. This will then reinforce the beliefs that we are being lied to, there’s no need to listen to them, and just ignore government etc. The dangerous thing is this then causes people to ignore the things most think is sensible, such as social distancing etc.

Something doesn’t add up about the 50k figure as this article points out.

Of course if it is 10k or 20k they could say ‘Our measures worked and it could have been 50k without them’.
Agree, people are losing trust and fast, and personally I can see why. Something is amiss here.
MickeyYay is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 20, 10:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinks2014
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by legallyblonde View Post
Morrison’s were handing them out at the customer service desk for free .. Intended for those with hidden disabilities aswell .
Tinks2014 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 20, 11:26 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
VIP Dibber

Here’s a chart. The Professors’ prediction in red, if we follow France and Spain the other two colours. Very strange this looks to me. We have been following France and Spain almost identically, what would suddenly cause this as was held out today?
Old 22 Sep 20, 12:34 AM  
Link to this Post
Cath24601
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

Originally Posted by marypoppins38 View Post
I use the Zoe app and have always felt the questions were worded quite ambiguously.
I am feeling physically normal
Or
I’m not feeling quite right.
I often wonder how many people might wake up with a headache or upset tummy and click ‘I’m not feeling quite right’. They would be correct in their answer but would this then be classed as a ‘hit’ on their app?
I always assumed that was as much to get a broader picture of how the situation is affecting people’s health/spot any trends outside of covid symptoms/highlight what other symptoms are maybe common in those who have the main ones... I don’t think headaches etc count as “hits” but could be wrong
Cath24601 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 20, 02:04 AM  
Link to this Post
lov2dibb
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 11
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
Here’s a chart. The Professors’ prediction in red, if we follow France and Spain the other two colours. Very strange this looks to me. We have been following France and Spain almost identically, what would suddenly cause this as was held out today?
Purely speculative of course but it wouldn't surprise me if a certain Spad pushed for this chart's inclusion as a way to ramp up the fear factor and influence the voting on the Coronavirus act extension next week.
After all this government does have a history of being manipulative in this respect.

I do however also think that they've gone too far and now lack credibility.

Probably not related but it would also be interesting to see whose been making money shorting the markets today.
lov2dibb is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List