Notices

Old 21 Sep 20, 07:37 AM  
Link to this Post
Tinks2014
slightly serious Dibber

Good luck to uni students

My daughter starts her 2nd year nursing degree today. Having to go straight into placement she is feeling anxious and excited at the same time ..
Would like to wish all the best for students who are starting or returning to uni ..
Tinks2014 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 20, 08:27 AM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
Imagineer

Mobile

Seconded. My heart goes out especially to the Freshers who are missing the opportunity to meet, mix and make friends.
EssexSue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 20, 08:54 AM  
Link to this Post
Adetrick
Earning More Ears

Originally Posted by EssexSue View Post
Seconded. My heart goes out especially to the Freshers who are missing the opportunity to meet, mix and make friends.
Absolutely agree. I hope they can make the best of it.

My daughter decided not to defer. No opportunity at the moment for her and her friends to do any travelling, very few opportunities where we live to get a stable job for a year, no absolute guarantee we won't be in a similar position next year. If things are back to normal next year, competition for spaces is going to be huge with all the deferrals.

She knows it's going to be different but I suppose she's got nothing to compare it with.
Adetrick is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 20, 09:02 AM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 49
The eldest sons of our two closest groups of friends have both left home this weekend to commence that journey and I really feel for them.

The start of university life, away from home, should be such an exciting time of life of those who take that particular path through academia, but it's hard to see how that will play out this year.

Part One
Part Two
Bozza is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 20, 09:56 AM  
Link to this Post
soooexcited!
Imagineer

soooexcited!'s Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Originally Posted by Adetrick View Post
Absolutely agree. I hope they can make the best of it.

My daughter decided not to defer. No opportunity at the moment for her and her friends to do any travelling, very few opportunities where we live to get a stable job for a year, no absolute guarantee we won't be in a similar position next year. If things are back to normal next year, competition for spaces is going to be huge with all the deferrals.

She knows it's going to be different but I suppose she's got nothing to compare it with.
Thats exactly my DDs thoughts. At 21 this is her second stab at uni life. She said what do I do if I stay at home as her seasonal job is about to end. She just wants to get started on her next chapter now albeit it in a different form.
Old 21 Sep 20, 10:03 AM  
Link to this Post
Tinks2014
slightly serious Dibber

My daughter has decided to stay at home and commute itís 40 mins away. She still has her weekend job and we dont charge her any board . student loan money has been used partly towards a car so no using public transport. She does have a bubble with 1 student who is staying there on their own .
I just have the worry of her driving now ..

Edited at 10:04 AM.
Tinks2014 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 20, 10:07 AM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
Imagineer

Mobile

My eldest Granddaughter is on her third year and has absolutely no face to face lectures this year, she may have as well stayed at home but she had signed a contract on her flat and has a job in a restaurant up there. She went shopping the other day and she and her flat mates were the only ones in the supermarket wearing masks. She's in Nottingham which appears to still be partying if the Daily Mail is to be believed.
EssexSue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 20, 10:55 AM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
VIP Dibber

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
My dd going to Southampton on Saturday, she is anxious but needs to go as staying at home isnít doing her any good. I hope there are some people in her flat she can make friends with or itís going to be no different than home. Sheís doing film studies so will be in her room watching films with one lecture a week.
She has to quarantine for a week once she gets there
Old 21 Sep 20, 11:42 AM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Sandra & co View Post
My dd going to Southampton on Saturday, she is anxious but needs to go as staying at home isnít doing her any good. I hope there are some people in her flat she can make friends with or itís going to be no different than home. Sheís doing film studies so will be in her room watching films with one lecture a week.
She has to quarantine for a week once she gets there
Sandra Chloe was in student accommodation for her first year, an ensuite room in a flat in a fabulous location close to everything, her second year she and 4 others (2 from her original accomodation) rented a house slightly further out) this year two are on sandwich courses so the remaining 3 have taken out a flat.
I'm sure your daughter will soon settle and make friends, hopefully for life. X
Old 21 Sep 20, 11:51 AM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
VIP Dibber

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Sandra Chloe was in student accommodation for her first year, an ensuite room in a flat in a fabulous location close to everything, her second year she and 4 others (2 from her original accomodation) rented a house slightly further out) this year two are on sandwich courses so the remaining 3 have taken out a flat.
I'm sure your daughter will soon settle and make friends, hopefully for life. X
I really hopes so, sheís been stuck at home for far to long. If our borough goes into a lockdown which is on the list of cases rising will be allowed to take her still?