Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 21 Sep 20, 01:34 PM  
Link to this Post
dannybegood
Helping Mickey

If you are part of a union and you have a Rep, get them now. You pay subs for this. Do not go through this alone. They will be able to advise and talk for you, this will ease your burden to look after yourself. If you have proof etc. of your problems, look at the Employment tribunal service and document EVERYTHING.
dannybegood is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 20, 01:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Island mamma
Excited about Disney

How was your work record before working from home and having these issues? Did you have any problems, warnings, poor reviews or any other issues beforehand?
And are your tech issues ongoing or have they been resolved?
And finally, as part of investigation, has anybody come out to your house to check on or experience the issues for themselves, or do you have any recordings of the issues from your end?
Island mamma is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 20, 01:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Beth_Disney
VIP Dibber

Beth_Disney's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
A relative of mine was under investigation for gross misconduct (he denies any wrong doing) and resigned rather than go through the process. He was convinced that management had already made up their minds. Anyway, he has struggled to get another job as his reference states that he resigned whilst under investigation and he's limited to what benefits he can get as he resigned.

My advice would be to get proper advice from your union - that's exactly what you pay your subs for and speak to your GP about how you feel. If the GP finds you unfit for work then it would probably delay the meeting but it would give you time to find the right treatment and come back ready to attend the meetings at full strength.
Beth_Disney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 20, 01:55 PM  
Link to this Post
ClaireNJ
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Fluffypenguin View Post
Essentially itís come up that on call recordings customers are coming through, but Iím not responding to them speaking, even though I was and as I have explained to them, I have had faults with my phone line. My other half works in tech and even he says they canít categorically say that I didnít respond when I did, but they are saying itís not possible.

I made numerous reports and said from the beginning that I had issues, nothing was ever really resolved.
Iím sorry for your situation but I would definitely not resign especially as you had contacted your work re the problem numerous times, if you do keep your job, then if you really have had enough look elsewhere, while you are still working as especially in these times jobs will be harder to get ☹️😷
Good luck & tell the truth 🤞🤞xx
ClaireNJ is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 20, 02:01 PM  
Link to this Post
ClaireNJ
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Fluffypenguin View Post
They can. I just donít think I have the strength. My mother is mentally unwell and because of this Iíve been struggling with self harm and thoughts of suicide myself, I donít think Iím mentally strong enough to go it and not fall to pieces and I canít face that.
Iím so sorry you feel this way, I was threatened in my old job ď to resign or be sackedĒ I didnít put up with it & sent a letter to the Governors of the school I worked for & was just given a warning in the end, yes it was stressful & I lost weight, but at the end of the day, they couldnít treat me like this so I stuck up for myself 😀 I had already sent them a letter with all my evidence.
I did eventually leave the next year but when I wanted to & on my terms 😍 xx
ClaireNJ is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 20, 02:10 PM  
Link to this Post
JLH
Imagineer

Mobile

I was under threat of redundancy Few weeks and was willing just to give it up instead of fighting my corner ( my job was still there ) and some on here gave me a good talking too and told me to fight it as jobs were so scarce . They were right and I did and I am so glad i listened . I have luckily just got another job too (as I had to drop hours) but that was tough going getting one so please think if you really want to give up your present one . I always found it harder to get a job when your not working for some reason so try and stick with it until you have found something else .
Old 21 Sep 20, 02:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Claudette
Imagineer

Claudette's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Iím inclined to go against the grain here as there is a part of me that thinks it would be better to resign than be dismissed. If you have already decided you donít want to work there and it is causing you anxiety then sometimes it is better to walk away.

However I will caveat that it really does depend on the quality of their evidence versus your evidence. Were you calling them all day and every day when the lines werenít working? Can you prove this? Do you know what their investigation has involved?

I would try to get hold of a copy of your organisations disciplinary process and ensure that it has been followed correctly.
Claudette is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 20, 02:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Lau-nicole
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Island mamma View Post
How was your work record before working from home and having these issues? Did you have any problems, warnings, poor reviews or any other issues beforehand?
And finally, as part of investigation, has anybody come out to your house to check on or experience the issues for themselves, or do you have any recordings of the issues from your end?
These are all valid points - and why are they just dismissing your proof? Does your employer have a WFH policy?
Oman - 18
California, Nevada, Arizona - 20

Lau-nicole is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 20, 02:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Fluffypenguin
Getting to know the DIBB

Mobile

Originally Posted by Island mamma View Post
My work record was excellent before this, thatís what is so upsetting really. The tech issues are on going and nope no one has been to check.
Fluffypenguin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 20, 02:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Fluffypenguin
Getting to know the DIBB

Mobile

Originally Posted by Beth_Disney View Post
A relative of mine was under investigation for gross misconduct (he denies any wrong doing) and resigned rather than go through the process. He was convinced that management had already made up their minds. Anyway, he has struggled to get another job as his reference states that he resigned whilst under investigation and he's limited to what benefits he can get as he resigned.

My advice would be to get proper advice from your union - that's exactly what you pay your subs for and speak to your GP about how you feel. If the GP finds you unfit for work then it would probably delay the meeting but it would give you time to find the right treatment and come back ready to attend the meetings at full strength.
Iíve spoken to my union rep and HR manager and theyíve agreed that if I hand in my notice then my notice will simply say the period that I worked there. Lots of companies donít give full references (in fact one I worked at before only confirmed where you worked and what time period) so Iíd be happy with that.

I really need to find a new GP and get my other issues resolved. Luckily I donít need the benefits and stuff because we can survive on one wage, plus Iíve got savings and things.
Fluffypenguin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List