Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 6 Nov 17, 08:25 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by scoobydooby View Post
I think it’s an odd position for your daughter to have taken and not sure why she would have any say about how you Holiday anyway! Never too old in my book. I’m 46, first visited at 28 and hope to visit as often as my health will allow until the day a I pass on. You go and enjoy it 👍🏻
I agree! I don’t feel I have any say in where my parents take their holidays! None of my business! Our parents are 69 & 70 and came with us last year keeping up with their 40 something daughters no problems. I fully expect them to come again at some point in the future.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Nov 17, 08:27 PM  
Link to this Post
BarrettFamily
VIP Dibber

You are never too old. DM aged 75 and me (50 when we travel) are off next year. We couldn't be more excited. We know what we want to do, we know the new rides we want to try. We will go at our own pace and have a brilliant time.
WDW All Stars Movies 2001- 10th Anniversary
WDW Carribean Beach Resort 2006
WDW All Stars Music 2008
WDW Saratoga Springs Resort and Spa 2018 - 50th Birthday Celebration with Mum.
BarrettFamily is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Nov 17, 09:56 PM  
Link to this Post
FozzyB
Trainee Dibber

Go to Disney and you’re already getting the best anti age medication there is. I go with my hubby and grown up kids and feel like the only adult there, because I organise stuff. The day will come when I can’t hike miles or be thrown round on a coaster, but no one is going to set that date for me, my bones will tell me that and there’s still plenty to see and do that’s manageable so I hope to have a good time for many years yet!
FozzyB is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Nov 17, 10:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Andrea1
Apprentice Imagineer

Amazing responses from everyone

Thank you all for your replies. We are amazed at the responses we have received. Far too many to reply individually to. But a HUGE thank you to everyone.

You have brightened our day. We won't be going until September next year, but already starting to get excited.

The cruise was okay, but it was marred by some events that happened to us. Andrea dropped a mug of scalding coffee over her lap 2 weeks before the cruise, so we thought we would have to cancel it. She had second degree burns inside both of her thighs. Anyway the doctor said she could go, but we would have to change her dressings twice a day.

|She did well getting around on the ship. Then the day before we were due to return (Friday 13th) I had an accident in the cabin. I was reaching down to pick up some shoes from the wardrobe when the ship rolled and I lost my balance. Ended up with a lot of blood and 11 stitches on top of my head. (And they say worse things happen at sea) On a brighter note, the food was brilliant, but can't wait to get back to the happiest place.

Thanks again. this forum is fantastic
James
Andrea1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Nov 17, 10:06 PM  
Link to this Post
waiting4disney
Imagineer

Mobile

Can never be too old for Disney.

It's your holiday do what you want to do never mind anyone else.
Old 6 Nov 17, 11:33 PM  
Link to this Post
tommys
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

tommys's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I'm in my 60's me and the wife go every year as we've done for the last 30 yrs or more no way would I let my daughter / husband or any of my family tell me what to do, enjoy it when you can and get the holiday booked for your 40th Anniversary.
tommys is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Nov 17, 07:53 AM  
Link to this Post
orlandonewbie
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Never too old for Disney! We have just finished a holiday with our children and my parents (60+ and not in good health). It was fantastic and would have been a lesser holiday without them here. My mum in particular really struggles at home, but the Disney magic has had her walking miles because she didn't want to miss anything. So we walked slower than we might have without her, who cares, more time to see the sights!
orlandonewbie is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Nov 17, 07:57 AM  
Link to this Post
School teacher
Very Serious Dibber

Never!
School teacher is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Nov 17, 08:45 AM  
Link to this Post
babbymint
Imagineer

Reading this post makes me sad! Go, go, go! I reach 50 this year and if my kids told me I was too old to go I'd tell them to shove it! xx
babbymint is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Nov 17, 08:53 AM  
Link to this Post
jemima2
Imagineer

Mobile

Agree with everyone else of course! Never too old, I love that people of all ages go and enjoy xx
jemima2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List