Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 28 Oct 20, 11:07 AM  
Link to this Post
Shani
Imagineer

Hermes strikes again

My husband ordered a special edition book, signed by the author for our daughter for Christmas from Ebay, being sent from the US.

He checked Ebay last night and saw it say it was delivered 10.35am on Saturday. Despite 5 of us being home as we're under full lockdown in Wales, and our 3 cars parked on the drive, the Hermes delivery lady (I know her, she delivers all the time) she didn't knock on the door. Our dog goes nuts every time there's a knock.

Turns out, the photo of it being delivered to a "safe place" shows the packaging / bar code ripped, and it being sat at the top of our recycling bin.

Parcel "delivered" Saturday.
Recycling gets collected Monday (kids put recycling out so neither me nor hubby saw it.
Checked Ebay Tuesday - the day after the recycling is gone.

When I order parcels and Hermes is delivering (Amazon usually, I wouldn't choose them) I know I get emails. Hubby is not so good at checking emails so hadn't seen.

So I know part of the blame lies with him.

But why OH WHY did Hermes do that? We were all in! She gets away with putting things in the recycling bin or the big green garden waste bin when it's my stuff because I actually check my emails

Hermes customer service is non existent. Phone lines go round and round with automated questions, and apparently doesn't understand the word "YES" being said. Online forms are useless. And anyway, they will realistically only deal with the seller - who has "proof" the item was delivered. Ebay will only act if Hermes supply proof of non-delivery.

I guess it's just a write off, honestly. So frustrating!
2022 - Margaritaville & RPR --- 2023 - Villa & RPR & Surfside
Shani is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Oct 20, 11:26 AM  
Link to this Post
Dr.JumbaJookiba
VIP Dibber

So why didn't she put a card through door saying 'left in safe place' ?
Dr.JumbaJookiba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Oct 20, 11:30 AM  
Link to this Post
Shani
Imagineer

Exactly! But she never does. It's been the same lady since we've lived here, and she used to years ago, but hasn't done for quite some time.

It's normally always me that orders things, and I check my emails all the time, so I'd have seen it says delivered and gone searching. Hubby was a day late checking his emails and the lovely book is now sat at a dump somewhere
2022 - Margaritaville & RPR --- 2023 - Villa & RPR & Surfside
Shani is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Oct 20, 12:41 PM  
Link to this Post
lizzie145
Imagineer

a recycling bin is not a safe place for delivery and i would be arguing that with both hermes and ebay
Old 28 Oct 20, 12:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Saratoska
VIP Dibber

Saratoska's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
our parcel couldn't be delivered on Monday as apparently no access to house eh we live on a flat housing estate in a bunglow with ample access

funnily enough it was an ebay purchase so maybe that's who they always use. puts me off using ebay

Saratoska is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Oct 20, 12:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Imagineer

123's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by lizzie145 View Post
a recycling bin is not a safe place for delivery and i would be arguing that with both hermes and ebay
I know a lot have taken to doing this, so now we have removed the bins from outside the property. We now always get them actually delivering the package
123 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Oct 20, 01:27 PM  
Link to this Post
scooby99
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Saratoska View Post
our parcel couldn't be delivered on Monday as apparently no access to house eh we live on a flat housing estate in a bunglow with ample access

funnily enough it was an ebay purchase so maybe that's who they always use. puts me off using ebay
eBay doesn't choose the delivery company; the seller despatches the item via whichever delivery company they've chosen; many sellers will give this detail in the listing..

We've bought & sold on eBay; we've sent via both UPS & Royal Mail; we've received via Royal Mail, DHL, Hermes & DPD.

Edited at 01:31 PM.
scooby99 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Oct 20, 02:11 PM  
Link to this Post
catherinesian
Imagineer

Originally Posted by lizzie145 View Post
Exactly this!

Next trip to WDW Sept 2024 for our Wedding
catherinesian is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Oct 20, 02:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
OP. Nothing to do with you and no financial loss to you.

Contact the seller and tell them the item wasn't delivered as Hermes shoulder the risk themselves if they don't deliver it to the person or in to a secure place such as through a letterbox.

This is why nobody should ever nominate a 'safe place' as by doing that you are accepting that if it's stolen from there or binned then it's your issue not theirs.
Hope you get it sorted.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Oct 20, 02:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Silvercat
Imagineer

Oh wow, I really feel for you! I agree Hermes are very hit and miss. I still have a parcel in my hall waiting for them to collect it "within 48 hours" - it has been there for 2 lots of 3 weeks now. It was going back to Amazon and after the first 3 weeks had passed, I joined a chat room at Amazon, complained bitterly about Hermes, received a refund straight away from them, and another collection "within 48 hours" timeslot for collection. Predictably, they never collected it and Amazon have now marked the items as "returned". Anyone wanna buy a couple of 3XL Pluto t-shirts?